Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #1,218 of 1,752
Maybe it is due to my amp then rawrster but bass shy and dodgy treble is not what I have, or even just the tips.
Even you have said they have too much bass.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #1,219 of 1,752
Im glad you are enjoying your coppers sinth , i really loved them for quite some time and they were my favorite out of my iems .Maybe if i stopped using the SM3 for a week or so my ears would adjust to the sound of the coppers and i would enjoy them again as i did before .They are part of my collection so I will not be selling them so there is always a chance i will use them and enjoy them again sometime in the future with the triple flange for a deeper seal .

Quote:
WOW!, that is the complete opposite for me. I am still yet to the "super" tips but even with the PFE tips they are an instant seal and very bassy and have a nice treble. Those tips though narrow the soundstage and take the edge off the treble. Using Denon large tips here (very thin silicone) and just freaking great for me. They have been burnt in like dweaver but all the same they should deffinately not sound as you have put. Seal is the key, 110%.

I have not heard the sm3`s but if they have what these don`t then that would make them unlistenable to me.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #1,220 of 1,752

Quote:
Im not saying the coppers have suddenly stopped being good iem's, and if i had not heard the SM3 i would probably still think they sounded great

@Sinth: it's all relative on what you have heard. I have not heard the SM3 so do not know how it sound or how 'superior' it is but assuming it is then going back to something else makes it sound not as good. I'm not sure how they sound bass light and thin in comparison however since them having all that bass makes me not want to use them very often which is ok since I have to send them in sometime this week anyway.

Also $40 for 6 pair of tips is quite ridiculous. At least they include one size instead of one of every size. Thankfully those aren't my tip of choice for the Coppers.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #1,221 of 1,752
The triple flanges are rubbish lucozade. I have large ear canals, hense large silicones. You can only shove large tips soo far but that is it (for me).

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #1,222 of 1,752
True rawster and this is the best iem I have come across soo far. I may as well sell my IE8`s, They will not be back in my ears for a long time.

Jun 22, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #1,223 of 1,752
I sorta feel similar with the Coppers lucozade. I'm not really sure what to do with the Coppers after I send them in and get them back to me. They really don't suit me too well and I can't sell them so not many options with what to do with them. I'm really enjoying the DBA 02 and the e-Q7 more. I think I'll just burn them in and then see if some people would like to try them and go from there. I'll find out in a month or two but I'll probably give it away or let it attract attention to my desk due to its shininess.

Jun 22, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #1,224 of 1,752

Quote:
Maybe it is due to my amp then rawrster but bass shy and dodgy treble is not what I have, or even just the tips.
Even you have said they have too much bass.

@ sinth
The coppers have very nice treble , i dont think i said they had dodgy treble , its just that it is not as as good in comparison as the treble on the SM3 to my ears, it lacks clarity and transparency and sounds less refined in comparison , and the coppers are not bass shy either ,

I do not think the triple flanges are useless ,they were my favorite tip on the coppers before i got the hybrid foams and the triples are my favorite tip on the TF10 and i get a perfect seal with them , but the hybrids are more comfortable for long listening sessions so that's why i switched to them when i got them .

Its probably not fair of me to compair a 3 driver ba phone to a single dymanic driver phone anyways , totally different sounding beasts.

@ rawrster ,Its hard to describe but by thin i think i mean the coppers sound more two dimensional in the midrange somehow and lack some weight and dymanics in the instruments compaired to the more lush midrange of the SM3 if that makes any sense.

Why can you not sell them , are you not allowed too ,was that part of the terms and conditions of getting them  free. ?

Jun 22, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #1,226 of 1,752

Quote:
That wasn't part of the terms but it's unethical to do so.

Its refeshing to know that there are still good people out there with a sense of ethic's 
regular_smile .gif

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #1,228 of 1,752

Quote:

This must be your first experience with iems. The fit is very important to get the right sound, especially with the bass.

I think he may have a clue.
biggrin.gif
 I had a quick listen at canjam and I could easily tell they were way to midbassy for me. I think he means thin in that the mids lack solidity. There's plenty of warmth but too much upper mid/low treble harmonic. Glad I cancelled my Dell order.

What I liked from the rounds were the JH-13, 5s and Etymotics in general. I think the HF2s are a steal for what you can get them for.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #1,229 of 1,752
Rawrster, if you try burning your replacement copper pair in with the process I outlined I hope you might find the difference in sound will make them a fun IEM for you and they get some more use.

If not they do make a nice gift to someone else. I just gave my brother my MP4Nation M2's as a birthday present because I wouldn't sell them and yet I liked them enough I thought they were a good gift. I know I'll miss them once in a while but I also want gear to be used versus sitting on my desk most of the time.

Quote:
That wasn't part of the terms but it's unethical to do so.

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #1,230 of 1,752
In a couple weeks I'll have a better idea. I like the idea of having all different kind of drivers for my earphones. I got a BA, hybrid and dynamic although the dynamic is the furthest from my sound signature compared to the rest although in a couple weeks I will be have some stuff coming in the mail so hopefully I'll be able to appreciate it then. Right now I don't see anything special here that I haven't seen. It's a good phone don't get me wrong but I just don't get that same excitement that I get from the rest of my phones or previous phones that suited me better. Maybe I should just keep these and try it once in a while and make me appreciate my neutral phones even more :) I'm not sure about your burn in file however dweaver as to my ears these are plenty fun without going too much overboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back