Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #1,186 of 1,752
Only burnt these in with noise for about 5 hours and have a cracking seal. Kind of putting my IE8`s in the shadow even at this early stage. The detail is what I was seeking, still a bit harsh but nice punchy detailed bass ( with this seal not far off the IE8) and upfront mids, almost like being at a concert rather than listening to the group`s cd at home.
Liking these. must put them down to put them through more noise burning.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #1,187 of 1,752
crackling seal is fine. I got that and doesn't affect much. It only happens when I push the tips in or anything like that

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #1,188 of 1,752
cracking as in very good, not crackling lol
Sorry UK slang
wink_face.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #1,189 of 1,752

Quote:
Only burnt these in with noise for about 5 hours and have a cracking seal. Kind of putting my IE8`s in the shadow even at this early stage. The detail is what I was seeking, still a bit harsh but nice punchy detailed bass ( with this seal not far off the IE8) and upfront mids, almost like being at a concert rather than listening to the group`s cd at home.
Liking these. must put them down to put them through more noise burning.

Looking forward to your impressions.

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #1,190 of 1,752
I just got a warranty replacement copper, and they came with silver hybrid foam supertips, anyone else see these?

They feel a lot softer than the white ones, and kinda look cooler also. 

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #1,191 of 1,752
Silver?

pics =]

Jun 19, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #1,193 of 1,752

Quote:
I just got a warranty replacement copper, and they came with silver hybrid foam supertips, anyone else see these?

They feel a lot softer than the white ones, and kinda look cooler also. 

They had them at CanJam too.

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #1,194 of 1,752
Up to 15 hours burn in( Foobar playlist, 2 of dweavers files and a 30 second 20-20k sweep added)
5 hours of music listenening soo 20 hours total(ish)

Came in last night after watching that stupid England footy match and stuck them on. Sounded rubbish. This may of just been the state I was in but feared I had damaged them.
Today stuck them on another 5 hours (the 15 hours to date). Have just taken them off after 2 hours of music listening...

Last nights fears have gone, these are good. Stacks of bass and defined also, the harshness in the treble is nearly non existant now and the mids are where I want them to be, forward.
I am absorbed, as I said 2 hours of listening, I never do that. This is listening to pretty much highly encoded mp3`s not your finest Italian Chianti Flac. Poor recordings sound, wait for it AMAZINGLY... yip poor but listenable.

Setup - Itouch/custom lod/pa2v2/Denon C751 large silicones). I`m wondering what a better amp would make these sound like.

There isn`t much chance of an AB with my IE8`s at the min because I don`t want to give them air time tbh. These are what I wanted them to sound like but just couldn`t.

Thanks to soundmatters I will see what the new funky tips will sound like. They can`t be better than the Denons, shirley.

More thoughts when I get them, more burn in soon.

I would like to make it clear that I have not received these for FREE and I have no ties to Monster, paid for them out of my hard earned cash.

Jun 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #1,195 of 1,752
Jun 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #1,196 of 1,752
I got to see a pair of fakes. I responded to a craigslist add for a brand new sealed MTPC for very cheap. Met the person at a mini mall and the first thing I noticed was that it wasn't sealed. First red flag. I opened the box and checked them out. All of the accessories were there but the paint on the earpieces has small little bumps and were a darker more matte copper finish. The real one has the smooth shiny copper finish. The cables had two small lines that protrude running along each cable going up to the earpieces. Doesn't exist on my legit coppers. The cable supports looks real. The most obvious part was the grill. It looks cheap and fragile. I could see right through them. The real one has the shiny silver look and I'm not able to see through them. I didn't even bother listening to them. I told the seller to get their money back, but said that he got them as a gift and wanted the money to have fun during the weekend. So here is the confirmation that there are fakes out there.

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #1,198 of 1,752
I actually ordered some fakes from dhgate.com to see how close those ones are. Maybe you already did my experiment for me. 

Started from that other thread asking about fakes. I'll post pics when I get them. They're in customs right now.

Good to know I'm not the only one to get the silver tips. :) They feel like they'll last longer than the white ones. I also noticed that the glue holding the foam goes all the way down to the bottom of the silicon now.

There's also black and grey foam hybrids that came with my set, for the small and extra small set, respectively. They seem sturdier than the white ones, too.

The gel supertips were all different colors, also. I think they are doing that so you can separate them by size. Functionally they seem identical to the old black ones.

Sorry if I'm repeating known information.

EDIT:
Oh man, just saw rawrster's review, and yeah, I am repeating old info. Goto his/her review guys, it's great! 
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497735/review-monster-turbine-pro-copper

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #1,199 of 1,752
Hi torptube

Notice that you have both the copper and gold. Care to share how you find them, as in how different they are.

Have read before that the differences are subtle and really depend on what genre of music you listen to, the gold having a slight edge in the lower range, while the copper is more refined and detail. How true is that?

Just trying to get more feedbacks from guys who own both versions.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #1,200 of 1,752
I have both copper and gold, golds are a lot warmer and thicker sounding with more bass,treble is good and sparkly, while the coppers are not as warm and have a a more refined and delicate sounding treble. 

Imho the coppers sound better and more natural sounding with a wider range of music genre's than the golds 
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
Hi torptube

Notice that you have both the copper and gold. Care to share how you find them, as in how different they are.

Have read before that the differences are subtle and really depend on what genre of music you listen to, the gold having a slight edge in the lower range, while the copper is more refined and detail. How true is that?

Just trying to get more feedbacks from guys who own both versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back