Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Apr 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #826 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@fl ,if they are loose in your ears you have the rong size on your coppers, go up a size, do you prefure the gels or the whites?

i did but neither did it give me better fit nor better sound. im actually using the second smallest size. i just gave them a listen and i do like them i think. but i also think that the sound would improve if there was a better/tighter seal. i think they are meant to be like that. i prefer the hybrid foam supertips over these.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #827 of 1,752
I think I know what you mean. There seems to be a gap between the silicone gels sizes where you have to use the foam hybrids to get a proper seal.

May 1, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #829 of 1,752
So I now have my MTPC's and after the wait I have to say I am glad I took the gamble and sold my IE8 and switched to these. I love their sound, it's nice out of my iPhone and even nicer when I use my headphone amp and computer.

I have to admit I am finding them very bright right now but I also have been stuck listening to my Bose in Ear's for the past 20 days so have had a heavy diet of bass farting mid lacking treble weak music and need to let my head get burned back in before I will commit to that opinion completely.

I will post after a couple days of listening so I have a had a chance to get used having high quality music again.

May 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #830 of 1,752
My pair is in the mail as we speak! Can't wait to get them and will be sure to post some impressions once I get a chance. I'm coming from the RE0 so it's not like I have a bad reference to compare them too
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #831 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnake3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My pair is in the mail as we speak! Can't wait to get them and will be sure to post some impressions once I get a chance. I'm coming from the RE0 so it's not like I have a bad reference to compare them too
smily_headphones1.gif

welcome to the club solidsnake3, looking forward to your impressions of them ,happy listening
L3000.gif

May 2, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #833 of 1,752
Thanks for the tip Anaxilus, I plan to burn them in at around comfortable listening volume or maybe a bit higher. Really can't wait to get them, *crosses fingers* hope I get them in the mail tomorrow so I have them in time for my 4+ hr bus ride Tuesday.

May 3, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #834 of 1,752
OK after listening to these exclusively for a few days I now have the horrors of the Bose out of my head...

The Copper's are by far the nicest IEM I have used to date. They offer a slightly narrower soundstage than the IE8 but more than the TF10 and MTPG and they seem to have better depth than the IE8 so are very nice in the soundstage department. They have great bass that never bleeds into the midrange and is tight and impactfull (no midbass hump). The midrange is slightly more forward than the IE8, way more forward than the TF10 and about the same as the MTPG. The treble is more detailed and extended than the MTPG and IE8 and about the same as the TF10 but with slightly better decay and natural sound than the TF10. It's a tossup between these and the MTPG for cymbals the MTPG are not quite as extended but have a nice full brass sound, these are more extended giving a bit mor sizzle at the end but also pretty brassy as compared to the tinny sound of the IE8, the MTPC recreate brushed cymbals used in jazz very well.

The MTPC are the most all round IEM I have ever heard, they work with every genre I listen to with great success as compared to the other three which had a few genres they were great at and a several they were only good at.

So having said all the postives there a few chinks in their armor. They are a bit microphonic even when used over ear, they also do need to be a bit louder to really allow their dynamic nature to flourish (but not so much I don't enjoy them at lower volume levels), the volume level issue does seem resolvable with a good headphone amp though as they really will shine with an amp. They are definitely fussy getting in ear correctly (this may be because I am used to my IE8 and my earlier CKS70 IEM's that are designed to only go in so far). I also am worried the L connector may break at some point and the connectors at the IEM body seem to be pretty fragile.

Quibbles aside though I don't see any need to continue to upgrade my IEM's, these offer the most complete sound I think I can afford. If I buy anything else it will be an small amp to strap with my iPhone but I am not sure I'll even bother with that as I can always use these at home with my full computer rig and desktop amp.

I will be attending a head-fi meet in a couple of weeks though, so will compare these to a pair of MD's I know will be there and will report back which one I prefer. I will also do a solid comparison between these and my fullsize HD600's at some point but it won't be for a while due to family issues I have to give my attention to right now.

May 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #836 of 1,752
Great write up there dweaver, makes me really glad that I went with them. The part about being a great all around iem is exactly what I was looking for. Although I haven't got mine yet *the wait is killing me* I really don't think there is any reason to be nervous about the build quality especially with the warranty/replacement thing. Unless you didn't buy from an authorized dealer or something I think your fine
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to start testing mine, come on USPS!

May 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #838 of 1,752
Yes @ dweaver, nice (and accurate imo) impressions. Continue to enjoy.

May 4, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #839 of 1,752
I have tried the white foam tips, the black gel tips, and various other tips. If I get the tips to fit right, I really can't hear a difference in the sound. Is there really a major difference in the sound, or do I just need better hearing?

May 4, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #840 of 1,752
There can be a noticeable diff in sound. Its probably more dependent on tip placement in the ear than the type of tip. The thing is the white foams are the least impactful on the source than any other foamie out there IMO. The black gels tend to produce just a bit more bass impact, just barely. Nothing major.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back