Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Apr 27, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #796 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by qodnec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the quick reply kunlun. Yeah I remember reading that some of you guys got it replaced. sorry I didn't elaborate more just now. I actually bought it off a fellow headfier unopened BNIB who got it during the dell deal. And I'm in Singapore. so that complicates things a bit. Not sure how monster will deal with a case like this.

I just sent mine in last Friday. The same thing happened to mine. Soundmatters directed me to send them in as that is a defect. I just called Monster, talked to the lady on the phone and she gave me an RMA #. You don't really have to explain much. Just follow the instructions they tell you and send it in and they'll send a replacement. Just waiting on mine now.

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #797 of 1,752
Well since its from dell I would need to call monster usa right? Will they ship the replacement to Singapore for me? Even if they agree to the shipping will be quite expensive. It seems really minor right now so maybe I can ignore it.

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #798 of 1,752
Reagarding onecall, I paid 215 for some coppers, I'm real sorry to hear they have straight out lied to you. It is true that for now, the coppers seem to go no lower than 250, and 350 for the MD's........have you tried calling J&R to see what they might do on the Coppers? I am beginning to doubt the MD's will drop below 300 again, from what I undrerstand, the remaing stock of MD's is limited, and only a few sellers have then in stock at the moment. You will be able to find both the MD's and Copers in the F/S forums in time, I myself wil be selling one more pair of golds, and Maybe one pair of MD's in the future, so unless you want brand new, don't give up on them, I thought I saw a new pair of Copper for a decent price recently in the F/S

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #799 of 1,752
Just a tad off topic, I now remeebr it was the OP of this thread (Enanthate) that first brought up the pfe tips working well for many people with the coppers, not to mention my hat's off to him, he realized the Coppers were good, and he really liked them, and has since not been back on headfi......so Enanthate, congrats on just enjoying your coppers, and not chasing the rainbow for at least a while!

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #800 of 1,752
I'm actually going to give J&R later today and see what they say. I am very disappointed in onecall with the lying thing, I would much rather they just told me that yes they sold them for $225 at one point although that is no longer the lowest price they could offer. I would buy from the FS forum although I'm a bit nervous if there would be an issue with them about getting them fixed/replaced. As for the MD, I think the best option would be to go Coppers and then save the $100 and use it on a DAC or something else. I think that might benefit more than getting the MD's compared to the Coppers.

WOW J&R is even worse, they offered me $299 and then drop to $279 when I told them Onecall was accepting $250. Also, I was told, "$250 would never get accepted because thats BELOW COST* In addition the rep claimed to be unable to find the Monster Turbines AT ALL on onecalls website...
confused.gif

I'm starting to notice a pattern here of the whole "We would never sell at that price, its below cost" This is quite, quite disheartening to say the least.

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #801 of 1,752
LOL...damn Monster sent my replacement Coppers to the wrong zip code. It appears someone there transposed numbers in my zip. So, according to FedEx, my Coppers are sitting in a town 200 miles from me, and they won't update to the correct zip code at my request since a direct signature is required. Sent an email to Monster asking them to contact FedEx. It's been like dealing w/ the Keystone Cops getting my warranty replacement handled. Sorry, just had to vent. I'm not super mad (it's only a pair of IEMs), but it just seems all my customer service experiences the past 6 months have left a lot to be desired. So, knowing Monster & FedEx, it'll probably take another week for this to be handled.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #802 of 1,752
^that sucks, but well shiit happens >< Hope you can get it sooner than a week
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #803 of 1,752
Quote:

one slight problem though the right ear piece has a slight gap between the copper and silver part in the casing. so when i push them in i hear a slight click. I'm a little worried about it becoming worse and coming apart but it's a real pain to get a replacement as well since they're from the dell deal so i would have to ship it all the way back. What do u guys think? Can i just ignore it?

i have the same problem as well and i thought i am the only one. it's just the right earpiece. i noticed it about a week ago but didn't really care about it as it didn't affect the sound. mine are from the first batch too. i just hope they don't come apart after a while cause i don't want to use the warranty for something like that if it breaks. it's only a small gap though.

EDIT: I wanna say a big thank you to SoundMatters12 for sending me 5 pairs of hybrid foam supertips, 5 pairs gel supertips + the "eartip holder" all the way to germany.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #804 of 1,752
that would be a manufacturer defect so it wouldn't include that one time thing wouldnt it.

Apr 28, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #806 of 1,752
How is your experience with the hybrid supertips?

I just have the gel supertips that come in the package and they are or too small or too big for my ears. I think that these tips have a big potential but for some reason they just don’t sound 100% right.

I would like to know what differences you hear with the hybrid supertips.

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #807 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by fL. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the same problem as well and i thought i am the only one. it's just the right earpiece. i noticed it about a week ago but didn't really care about it as it didn't affect the sound. mine are from the first batch too. i just hope they don't come apart after a while cause i don't want to use the warranty for something like that if it breaks. it's only a small gap though.

EDIT: I wanna say a big thank you to SoundMatters12 for sending me 5 pairs of hybrid foam supertips, 5 pairs gel supertips + the "eartip holder" all the way to germany.

Just noticed that its not just the gap in the casing. The sound from the right piece is softer and thinner as well. Check if you have the same problem!

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #808 of 1,752
Hi,
I too am interested in a comparison between the hybrid (foam) supertips and the gel ones.
So far the small gel tips are my favourite but I lost one of them (they seem to fall of the stems a bit easier then other tips with iems and they sometimes bounce a bit out of the ear for me but they still offer the best sound and isolation) unfortunately the large ones are too big and just wont fit and i did not get the hybrid tips with my package so I now use the foamies instead.
They are nice but I still pref. the small gels.
Greetings, Anouk,

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #809 of 1,752
Quote:

Just noticed that its not just the gap in the casing. The sound from the right piece is softer and thinner as well. Check if you have the same problem!

yes, now that you mention it i tried to listen to only one earpiece at a time and the sound from the LEFT earpiece (it's actually the left earpiece with the blue mark not the right one) is indeed a little bit thinner. at first i thought the isolation/fit wasn't right or my ears were hearing different. but then i switched the earpieces (left in right ear and vice versa) and had the same result.
Quote:

Originally Posted by zyThuM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is your experience with the hybrid supertips?

i personally like hybrid foam ones a lot more than the gel supertips. with the 2 sizes of gel supertips that were included i couldn't get the right seal and they seemed to fall out very easily. and with the 5 different sizes that soundmatters send me i had the same problem. i found the smallest pair to fit me best because it went in deeper than the other ones giving me the best sound. in terms of isolation they still didn't do a very good job though. they sit in my ears very loose which makes the sound kinda airy. but i think if you can get a good seal with them, they will sound pretty good.

with the hybrid foam supertips i found 2-3 pairs that fit me (as you can squish them and then stick them in your ears). they are very light which makes them extremely comfortable. i can't really say anything about the isolation because i haven't been using my coppers outside but i would say they do a good job at it. before i received the new supertips, i've been using the triple flanges. even though they gave me the best isolation/sound, they were kinda uncomfortable at times + it took me a while to insert them.
with the hybrid foam supertips sound, especially the bass, seems to be more open/clearer/more detailed and not as deep but still punchy. i can't really say that the sound is better than with the triple flanges but i personally like them better.

to sum it up, i prefer the hybrid foam supertips over the other tips because i get the best sound with them, they are easy to insert and super comfortable.
hope that helped a bit.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #810 of 1,752
There is an entire thread on the hybrid supertips, and although I can't speak on any of your individual supertips, Monster has redone the supertips, amking them a little less firm.
None of the Foam hybrids work for my ears, so I can't help you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back