Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Apr 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #781 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuffix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

So I'm going to be buying a pair of IEMs at the end of the week, and I can't try out a damn pair. It's crap.

Anyway. I'm pretty much decided on the IE8s - Except now I've found out about these. They look damn impressive.

The only problem, really, is the price. They're £40 more expensive than the IE8s, is that worth it, do you guys think? That's $60. The music I listen to is really, really varied, so I'm trying to get the best set I can. Bleh. Pain in the rear end.

Any suggestions?

From what I have read of people who have had the IE8 and the Coppers, they prefer the Coppers I think pretty unanimously. I would try to see if you can't find the Coppers even cheaper and if not ask yourself if the difference is a deal breaker for you.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #782 of 1,752
Ah ok thanks for that advice, also I'm sort of on the fence between the coppers and the Miles Davis right now. I have heard great things about both however I have found the coppers for roughly $225-250 new which is my absolute max budget. The Miles Davis I haven't found anywhere near that new so I just don't think I can go for them. Any advice or opinions as to where I might find the MD's low price or even just your sound impression on them if you have heard them?

Thanks

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #783 of 1,752
^
have you tried onecall.com? They typically go down a lot in price if you use the your price and offer them something quite lower they might give you a price around 250

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #784 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I have read of people who have had the IE8 and the Coppers, they prefer the Coppers I think pretty unanimously. I would try to see if you can't find the Coppers even cheaper and if not ask yourself if the difference is a deal breaker for you.

Unfortunately, that's the cheapest I can find. £200 in total for them. £160 for the IE8s.

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #785 of 1,752
Already tried onecall.com The lowest price they will offer on the MD's is $350 and on the Coppers its $250. The rep I talked to said they have never sold the Coppers below $250 and don't plan to for quite some time

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #786 of 1,752
Ah that's a shame. I must have misread somewhere saying the MD's were around the same price as the Coppers using that. If the MD's are past your budget then it's as simple as that imo. I've heard both monster iem's and don't think the MD's are worth the $100 extra but they definitely are if they suit your signature. I have the link to my impressions somewhere in my profile but they are both quite good.

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #787 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuffix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, that's the cheapest I can find. £200 in total for them. £160 for the IE8s.

pay the £200 for the coppers,thats a very good price,and there much better than ie8
wink_face.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #788 of 1,752
Okay, so I recently just send Monster my information for the medium foam hybrid supertips. Now they just have to make sure that my purchase was valid. And does anyone know the shipping rates for these eartips? They seem pretty small so I don't think it would take that long to arrive.

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #789 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnake3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Already tried onecall.com The lowest price they will offer on the MD's is $350 and on the Coppers its $250. The rep I talked to said they have never sold the Coppers below $250 and don't plan to for quite some time

That's a straight-up lie by that rep--onecall sold me Coppers for $225 in February. They have records of the prices they've given right in front of them, too. When I got them, I mentioned one of our head-fiers who got them for $220. I said where he was from and the rep I was speaking to immediately said, "I can see that," and asked his boss about it and came back with $225.

Maybe they can't give you 225 now, but they should at least be honest about what they've given in the past.

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #790 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, he can read the whole thread through and find a number of reviews and comparisons.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #791 of 1,752
Hi everybody! Just received my pair in the mail! They sound great out of the box but i'm burning them in now. one slight problem though the right ear piece has a slight gap between the copper and silver part in the casing. so when i push them in i hear a slight click. I'm a little worried about it becoming worse and coming apart but it's a real pain to get a replacement as well since they're from the dell deal so i would have to ship it all the way back. What do u guys think? Can i just ignore it?

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #792 of 1,752
Kunlun when I mentioned headfi.org I was told, "Yeh we hear a lot from that site but anyone can post stuff there so what prices you get told might not be true". Following this the rep told me that $250 was the lowest and that anything below that would be "below cost" and therefore never done.

I totally believe the people posting here on the prices they got it just bothers me that there isn't really anything I can do to attempt to change the situation with onecall.com

Regardless, $250 is still a great price for them just the lying thing bugs me quite a bit.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #793 of 1,752
Claiming $250 to be the cost of them getting the iem's is BS imo. I would never sell anything at the price of obtaining it if I was in a business.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #794 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by qodnec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everybody! Just received my pair in the mail! They sound great out of the box but i'm burning them in now. one slight problem though the right ear piece has a slight gap between the copper and silver part in the casing. so when i push them in i hear a slight click. I'm a little worried about it becoming worse and coming apart but it's a real pain to get a replacement as well since they're from the dell deal so i would have to ship it all the way back. What do u guys think? Can i just ignore it?

Several of us have had that problem--I think it's a defect in some of the first batch of coppers. On mine it never effected the sound (and I always grasped the earphones at the junction of the silver and copper pieces--so they were secure). I'm not sure they would have ever actually come apart, certainly I could have continued for at least a year or perhaps forever without a problem.

You should pm soundmatters12 about it. I think a very good idea would be to write/call Monster about it (at the back of your user guide) and ask for a case file to be created for you. That way, if you ever decide to return them, you have a file already prepared (it's good in terms of the warranty). Don't glue them, you'll void the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back