Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Apr 19, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #691 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by fL. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to me they are very comfortable and if i have them in for longer periods i sometimes don't even notice that i have something in my ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade
x2 , the weight just melts away when the coppers are in your ears,

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
I agree, the weight melts away I only wear mine cable over the ear and they feel great. The Copper color *bling* thing is growing on me.

[sarcastic]Gee. Thanks, guys.[/sarcastic] You're not helping me.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #695 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by fL. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
saw some UE triple.fi 10 today for $149 but i only had $80 with me. so i went to my bank to get some money and when i went back i saw a guy grabbing the last pair. UMM!!
mad.gif

@fl ,thats a shame , a bargon at that price
popcorn.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #696 of 1,752
Initial impressions:
My coppers came right before i was leaving for class, so yeah i was late for class lol.
These things are tiny and damn damn gorgeous, furthermore today the sun was shining really bright, so these are super blingy. They sound great out of the box, surpassing tf10 in almost every aspect.

Given little time to try out the tips, only the normal silicon tips fit me so i just slip it on and left for class. They are heavy on the hands but when worn they provide absolute comfort. However, wearing them straight down and walking, the microphonics was bad, wearing over the ears i could feel no microphonics; they isolate better than my tf10 but i can still hear people talking around me and hear the bus engine. (I actually don't really know how to define the level of isolation, would anyone tell me what's good isolation?).

They sound really good right out of the box, just a little bass heavy but as mentioned by other users, burn-in would reduce the bass. As compared to the tf10, every note weighs far heavier and its not sibilant and fatiguing at all. Vocals, my favorite part of all my songs, sound really lush and thick; male vibrato sounds damn good and female vocals doesn't sound harsh at all. On some songs, i do prefer it if the mids are a bit more forward though. Tf10 might do instrument separation better but the coppers have better soundstage as it is more organized. I am now pretty sure that i prefer dynamic drivers over amature drivers

About the packaging, in my opinion, ALL earphones priced this range should be packaged just like that! Monster makes you feel that you really purchased a prestige product with the overwhelming accessories and tips, the case, even the 1/4 adapter looks well built!
The earphones itself it is build really well as compared to the tf10, which feels so cheap.
Two things though is that you could see some strands of rubber popping up as they are smoothed and another is that the cable is too tangly.

Now back home im trying out the tips and the supertips (these should be black to match with copper) fit me they sound as good as the silicon tips. Will still try out the triple-flangs and the gel tips later. Either way im very satisfied with this product, almost perfect for me. They met my target looks and sound, absolutely uh-mazing! Therefore, i am glad that i would not be making anymore future earphone purchases!
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #697 of 1,752
Which supertips fit you? :p Some of us could always use your spares
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, isolation is normal when music is off but you can hear stuff. That would be some crazy isolation or Etymotic like isolation if you can't. I felt the coppers were pretty good in isolation when I tried them. I didn't like the gel tips when I tried them on the golds so probably will never use them again.

It is nice that you are happy with your purchase and you should really stop lying about not buying anymore stuff..

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #698 of 1,752
I have to say for the last week i have been listening to these Coppers in between burn in and, these are my favorite phones to date. Hands down these blow away my TF10, and i even prefer them over my CK10. These things are the real deal, nice job monster you got these babies right. Cheers to all that own these gems.

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #699 of 1,752
Hmm the 2nd/3rd largest size fits me. I have settled with the supertips now but would switch around between the silicon since the silicon is more comfortable. However, the supertips provide a thicker sound than the silicon tips, both sounds good though.

and yeah i agree that all the gel tips don't work well at all, they somehow just don't fit comfortably in the ear regardless of the size.

Well well i MIGHT make another purchase only if they look better than the copper (ck10 looks pretty good >< but heard that it doesn't have that much bass) but other than that im pretty sure i will stop
tongue.gif
. When i first got my tf10, i already knew i would be buying another earphones but not for this xD!

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #700 of 1,752
I have two very good ones and still going to buy more
smily_headphones1.gif
However I'm hoping they are customs but we will see about that when the xjays comes out and see if it's worth it then..Good thing I was able to try the coppers out..I was getting closer and closer to buying them until I tried them out.

It's not that the gel tips don't fit well its that they made the bass bleed everywhere for the golds when I tried them so I had an absolutely horrible first impression of them :p Heh medium is my size too so oh well :]

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #701 of 1,752
Strange but I'm one of the few who get the best seal using the gel tips. The supertips just don't give me the "suction" kind of seal I want, so I had to resort to using shure e2c silicones (which also work very well for people who don't like the tips included). Apparently my right ear is very temperamental with seal and it wasn't until I tried the gel tips that both ears seemed balanced in pressure.

I'll gladly take a pair of the 2nd smallest size of gel tips from whoever doesn't use them in exchange for supertips
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #702 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtsai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange but I'm one of the few who get the best seal using the gel tips. The supertips just don't give me the "suction" kind of seal I want, so I had to resort to using shure e2c silicones (which also work very well for people who don't like the tips included). Apparently my right ear is very temperamental with seal and it wasn't until I tried the gel tips that both ears seemed balanced in pressure.

I'll gladly take a pair of the 2nd smallest size of gel tips from whoever doesn't use them in exchange for supertips
biggrin.gif

I'll be glad to exchange the gel tips for the supertips. I'll exchange the smallest and the 2nd smallest for the medium and small supertips. I really want to try them and see how they fit in my ear since the gel tips keep popping out of my ear canal.

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #704 of 1,752
It does look legit since I haven't heard of fakes so far. However I consider the highest price for the coppers $250 since that's the lowest known price that onecall.com goes for when you offer your price to them and they are an authorized buyer. Well at least for US buyers...not a clue about outside of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back