Monster Tron T1
Dec 13, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #31 of 193
Oh my god these are hands down the hottest... I mean... Psssh, not another marketing scheme! >.>....... 

In all honesty though, I could see The Terminator wearing these. Anyone else would just look like a baffoon. But wait, I forgot! They upgrade MP3 audio to CD quality! How is this possible you ask? Through Monster's super secret magic technology. They can't tell you how it works, or it wouldn't be secret. 

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #33 of 193
You could always wear them to them to be ironic.

These look like repurposed beat studios, where the noise cancellation circuitry has been replaced with LED lights. Who needs noise canceling on these anyway -- You wouldn't want to be seen with these outside of your man cave. Will they still need batteries for the sound to function?
blink.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #34 of 193

Quote:
Will they still need batteries for the sound to function?
blink.gif

Of course! In fact, Monster is coming out with a special line of batteries just for the occasion. After all, normal batteries are horrible-sounding and totally inadequate for audio use. So the new Monster batteries, which cost $99.95 for the pair, have special new ultra-modern technology! that reduces electromagnetic interference in the drivers, "cleans" the power to the circuit, and curls your hair. They're manufactured from ultra-pure, 99.9999999999999% oxygen-free BS, and they can be purchased at your local Best Buy or other big box electronics store.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #35 of 193

Quote:
Quote:
Monster knows how to mold their plastic, that's for sure. They are smoking some good hash to think anyone with a brain would buy those. Oh wait... the mindless drones are aplenty.

The Daft Punk edition looks so ace though.

Isn't that logo on the side the Dolby Headphone logo? Hmm... my interest is piqued. Not that I'd EVER spend that much on anything that isn't tried, tested, and approved.

Because they like the look and aren't too concerned with sound quality they're mindless drones? Get off your high horse. Face it, these look nice and will probably WOW people who are used to iBuds/other $10 earbuds. 

I assure you, I'm not the one on a high horse. Monster's horse is a looooooot taller than mine.
wink.gif

For $300, the people who'd even remotely consider this IS a mindless drone. For half of that, then it'd make more sense.

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #36 of 193
I hope Beyerdynamics protect their trademark and sue Monster for releasing a headphone with the "T1" model name.

Give them a little taste of their own medicine.

Jack

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #38 of 193
I've been thinking, these look kind of cool, and people are going to buy them for how they look more than for how they sound.

So once the Tron hype has passed, what are other people going to think if they see someone wearing these in public? (That is, the people who see headphones as a fashion statement?)

I dunno, they just don't have a... I don't want to say timeless design, but at least the Beats won't look too silly years from now.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #39 of 193

Quote:
Quote:
blink.gif

Of course! In fact, Monster is coming out with a special line of batteries just for the occasion. After all, normal batteries are horrible-sounding and totally inadequate for audio use. So the new Monster batteries, which cost $99.95 for the pair, have special new ultra-modern technology! that reduces electromagnetic interference in the drivers, "cleans" the power to the circuit, and curls your hair. They're manufactured from ultra-pure, 99.9999999999999% oxygen-free BS, and they can be purchased at your local Best Buy or other big box electronics store.

Did you have these in mind? lol.
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-PowerCells-AA-MB-ALKA-4/dp/B00006L7X9

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #40 of 193
Quote:
blink.gif

I think this also applies to a lot of other stuff we see on head fi.

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #41 of 193
If i were still a competitive gamer I'd use them if they were made by a better company, the overall look is pretty awesome but im suer the quality is on par with your average $30 JVCs lol

and the optimizing audio quality is nonsense and impossible and I hope they get sued for flat out lying and false advertising, very sad they would lie, neither the station nor the headphones themselves have anything inside of them to do what it claims.  

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #42 of 193

Quote:
If i were still a competitive gamer I'd use them if they were made by a better company, the overall look is pretty awesome but im suer the quality is on par with your average $30 JVCs lol

and the optimizing audio quality is nonsense and impossible and I hope they get sued for flat out lying and false advertising, very sad they would lie, neither the station nor the headphones themselves have anything inside of them to do what it claims.  

Maybe Monster has done the impossible and discovered magic?

I mean besides the kind where they make your money disappear.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #44 of 193

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
blink.gif

Did you have these in mind? lol.
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-PowerCells-AA-MB-ALKA-4/dp/B00006L7X9

I honestly didn't even think to check if they really existed. I just picked the most ridiculous thing I could think of and ran with it. Batteries, I ask you. Really?

Quote:

Quote:

I think this also applies to a lot of other stuff we see on head fi.

Yeah, I didn't want to come right out and say it, lest I start a holy war. I just thought we could all agree that batteries might be a little bit much. I guess I should have reached further, into Brilliant Pebbles territory.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #45 of 193

Quote:

Creative has been making the same claim for a while and it hasn't been challenged. Apparently it's some form of EQ or something, but in the .532 seconds I actually activated it, I could tell it hadn't magically made 64kbps material sound like 1411kbps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back