Monster Tron T1
Dec 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #17 of 193
$490? Are they nuts? Their demographic would never pay that much for headphones (and like hell this demographic would buy anything from Monster).

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #18 of 193
I love how these look. But I would feel like a freak with them in public. Not to mention I'd probably get robbed. But they still look amazing, if they stayed shiny and all.

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #19 of 193

Quote:
$490? Are they nuts? Their demographic would never pay that much for headphones (and like hell this demographic would buy anything from Monster).

BUT THEY LIGHT UP!!!!!! 

Yeah, that's an interesting pricing decision...

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #22 of 193
I've got to admit, they do look pretty slick. Probably will be expensive, though, as OP stated.

EDIT: I was curious about the price so I looked on Amazon, 350 MSRP, $299.
http://www.amazon.com/Studio-Definition-Gaming-Surround-Headphones/dp/B004443WPS

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #23 of 193

Quote:
You are not the only one... I share your feeling :)

Quote:
Uhhh...? Why am I the only one who laughed at the looks of these?

I thought these were easily some of the most hideous looking headphones I've ever seen.  Between the two threads that have popped up for these it seems that our opinion is in the minority.  I'll take understated, clean, functional elegance over contrived gaudiness any day.  Attaching Daft Punk to these eyesores, however, was a no-brainer.

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #24 of 193
I <3 Head-fi's "I know these sound like poop but I've never heard them!" bandwagon approach.  Monster's surprised us before; the turbines are pretty good IEM's (although quite OP).

As for looks, I already have great sounding, super ugly cans that I use at home.  One issue with these headphones though is that they look mad slick in pictures and on display, but they would probably look pretty stupid to wear.

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #25 of 193
Great. Now every time we talk about the beyerdynamic T1, we'll have to type out "beyerdynamic" just so there's no confusion. Thank you so much, Monster. 
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #28 of 193

Quote:
"Optimizes and upgrades compressed MP3 to CD quality resolution."

Okay...

Right?  The better the cans, the worse compressed music sounds - that seems to be the consensus.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #29 of 193

Quote:

Quote:
You are not the only one... I share your feeling :)

Quote:
Uhhh...? Why am I the only one who laughed at the looks of these?

I thought these were easily some of the most hideous looking headphones I've ever seen.  Between the two threads that have popped up for these it seems that our opinion is in the minority.  I'll take understated, clean, functional elegance over contrived gaudiness any day.  Attaching Daft Punk to these eyesores, however, was a no-brainer.

Part of me likes the look - but the better part of me actually prefers the retro-geek look of Grados.  But then, I own a pair of 'Harry-Potter-esque' round plastic glasses, so my aesthetic sense is a bit...odd?

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #30 of 193

Quote:
Quote:
"Optimizes and upgrades compressed MP3 to CD quality resolution."

Okay...

Right?  The better the cans, the worse compressed music sounds - that seems to be the consensus.

Exactly, so from Monster's statement we can infer that these things are teh suxx0rz. 
wink.gif

Seriously, there are some headphones that, due to their tonal presentation (think warm and dark or else highly colored), are more forgiving of poor source material than others. The SR225i, strangely enough, was one of these. You'd think with their good resolution and super bright tonal signature they'd spit at low bitrate junk, but that wasn't my impression. YouTube was almost bearable, and I caught myself tapping my toes to crappy, low sample rate renditions of songs when they would appear in the videos I was watching.

Something tells me this isn't now Monster is achieving this supposed feat. It's probably more like Creative's X-Fi Crystalizer (or whatever the heck that thing is), which evidently thinks that what a format that achieves its results by chopping pieces out of the upper treble needs is a boost in that particular range so as to highlight the "shiny sizzle" of compression in all its glory.

Where's the puking smiley when you need it?

Quote:
Part of me likes the look - but the better part of me actually prefers the retro-geek look of Grados.  But then, I own a pair of 'Harry-Potter-esque' round plastic glasses, so my aesthetic sense is a bit...odd?

I think Grados look awesome, too, so you're not the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back