Monster sound with better isolation?
Dec 12, 2010 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ace5000

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I have the Monster Turbine Original and like the sound for fore price. But, the isolation could be a lot better.

Is there anything else out there that has a warm, dynamic sound with better/good isolation for around $100 or less?

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 16
I also have the original Monster Turbine and I love the sound. I think the sound isolation is awesome, if not perfect since it blocks out most outside noises but not all (for your safety).

Perhaps trying new tips?

Dec 12, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 16

Quote:
I also have the original Monster Turbine and I love the sound. I think the sound isolation is awesome, if not perfect since it blocks out most outside noises but not all (for your safety).

Perhaps trying new tips?

Yeah, they have really good isolation with the stock tips for me, almost too much for my taste. I'd try all the different sizes and the triple-flange ones and make sure you don't just have an imperfect seal and then move on to something like the Pro Tips or Sony Hybrid.

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
I guess I also want to try something different as well...

lol...I think it wasn't the "lack" of isolation bugging you...instead, it was the upgrad-itis bug

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #9 of 16
did you wear them like this way? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRs9_RuBuNE also, try some Sony hybrid tips.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #10 of 16
For my Turbines, I use a Comply core with a medium Shure Olive glued over it. Works BEAUTIFULLY. I don't think that SuperTips are worth the money. As for upgrading, from Turbines, my natural upgrade was the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, and now I'm saving up for a pair of SE425s. 

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #12 of 16
Sounds interesting, what type of glue did you use? Might try that out myself. Won't you consider the Turbine Pro Copper? I think they are great.

Quote:
For my Turbines, I use a Comply core with a medium Shure Olive glued over it. Works BEAUTIFULLY. I don't think that SuperTips are worth the money. As for upgrading, from Turbines, my natural upgrade was the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, and now I'm saving up for a pair of SE425s. 

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #13 of 16

Sounds interesting, what type of glue did you use? Might try that out myself. Won't you consider the Turbine Pro Copper? I think they are great.

I used rubber cement. Mounted the core on a screwdriver, covered it with rubber cement, then carefully slipped the De-cored olive over it with a pair of pliers.
I tried the Coppers, and they sound great as well, but I really prefer the seemingly indestructible build of the Shures.

Heh, of my few posts, most are saying how the Turbines (all of them) are über fragile.

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
I used rubber cement. Mounted the core on a screwdriver, covered it with rubber cement, then carefully slipped the De-cored olive over it with a pair of pliers.I tried the Coppers, and they sound great as well, but I really prefer the seemingly indestructible build of the Shures.Heh, of my few posts, most are saying how the Turbines (all of them) are über fragile.

the coppers are more durable (ooohh ahhhh...genuine strain relief, made of rubber...that's a sign of lower quality) well, as long as they don't break in half or come loose at the seam in the body

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #15 of 16
I'm sorry, I don't really get your post.
If you were talking about the Turbines' seam in the metal body, my 3rd pair of the original Turbines DID break there, the whole speaker just fell off the casing. Pretty sure I posted a pic somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back