Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Aug 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #2,208 of 2,269
I got them a few days a go. They come with a blue snap case, 5 pairs of silicone tips and one pair of super tips and thats it. No box, CDs papers or anything else. They look new from what I can tell. They sound great with vocals and absolutely fantastic with soundscapes. Unfortunatly, they don't sound very good for my preferred music. I'm going to burn them in. I don't know if refurbs need a burn in, but I'll try it and see if I like them better, otherwise I'll throw in some super tips and sell them.

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #2,210 of 2,269
Yes thats what i love about the MDT, the vocals! for Trance music its great, but sometimes i feel like theres a bit too much bass.
Quote:
I got them a few days a go. They come with a blue snap case, 5 pairs of silicone tips and one pair of super tips and thats it. No box, CDs papers or anything else. They look new from what I can tell. They sound great with vocals and absolutely fantastic with soundscapes. Unfortunatly, they don't sound very good for my preferred music. I'm going to burn them in. I don't know if refurbs need a burn in, but I'll try it and see if I like them better, otherwise I'll throw in some super tips and sell them.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #2,212 of 2,269
Hi,

I currently own the Sennheiser HD 600s and am looking for a "fun," bass-prominent, IEM for portable use. I was wondering how well these would accompany the HD 600s and how they compare to other IEMs such as the VSonic GR07 or the Hifiman RE-262. I recently tried a friend's Shure se 215s and enjoyed the sound a lot, how would these compare to the se215s?

Thanks in advance!

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #2,213 of 2,269
Quote:
Hi,

I currently own the Sennheiser HD 600s and am looking for a "fun," bass-prominent, IEM for portable use. I was wondering how well these would accompany the HD 600s and how they compare to other IEMs such as the VSonic GR07 or the Hifiman RE-262. I recently tried a friend's Shure se 215s and enjoyed the sound a lot, how would these compare to the se215s?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting that you like both the Sennheiser HD600 and Shure SE215... they have completely different sound signatures!

If you want an IEM with a sound signature similar to your HD600's, I'd recommend the Yamaha EPH-100.

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #2,214 of 2,269
Well, I'm not exactly sure if I like the HD 600 sound because I have absolutely nothing that can even barely properly drove them. I suppose I like the "muddy bass" sound... I also tried a friend's pair of EPH-100s and was rather disappointed in the sound, probably because instill can't tell the difference between extreme clarity.

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2,217 of 2,269
My Tributes have nearly fallen to pieces since using them every day. Both strain reliefs are completely disconnected and the phones themselves are all chipped up. I wish the gold parts were made of metal like it is on the Turbines. I think I'm going to warranty them even though ill get Trumpets back. Can anyone comment on the Trumpets. There's really not a whole lot of info on them on headfi. Build quality? I hope it's better and I hope the Trumpets are at least as good as the Tributes.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #2,218 of 2,269
^^^ have you tried using super glue on them? I fell asleep with my Golds on and broke both the strain reliefs. I glued them. Back together and there're fine now. There is also an impression thread on here for the Trumpets.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2,219 of 2,269
Nah I haven't tried glue. Probably wont either. I don't imagine it would hold up. Actually I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hold up. I'm just gonna send them in to Monster. Although I'm still waiting for a reply from them on how long it will take and if they have Tributes in stock. I know they don't, but I still wanna hear them say it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back