Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #1,861 of 2,269

Thank you.
Quote:

it is mate.
Proof of purchase, or original receipt is all that's needed.

I think you would ave bought it from the sale, so the Monster receipt/email/order number/paper etc should be provided with the sale.
Then, when the person wants to make a claim, they would say here is the document proving I or my "friend" bought it from an authorised seller :)

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #1,862 of 2,269
I went through every tip in the box getting a semi decent fit on a few, but nothing great. Took my trusty Sony hybrid tips off the last pair of IEMs I was using...Sony wins again. So far I have yet to find a set of IEMs that doesn't fit best with the Sony Hybrids.

On another note...Holy suction batman. I've never had such a tightly sealed IEM before. It's tough to get a good secure fit without experiencing either driver flex or suction in the ear canal. I wonder what these would sound like if there was a little vent hole drilled in them. :D

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #1,863 of 2,269

Quote:
I went through every tip in the box getting a semi decent fit on a few, but nothing great. Took my trusty Sony hybrid tips off the last pair of IEMs I was using...Sony wins again. So far I have yet to find a set of IEMs that doesn't fit best with the Sony Hybrids.

On another note...Holy suction batman. I've never had such a tightly sealed IEM before. It's tough to get a good secure fit without experiencing either driver flex or suction in the ear canal. I wonder what these would sound like if there was a little vent hole drilled in them. :D

OMG!! I have always thought of that. It is about the only thing I don't like about the Monsters Pro-Copper and now the Miles Davis. If you don't properly equalize and have the right size or eartips then the suction is just too much. I managed now to find the right eartip by using the Auvio and I am able to relieve some of that pressure. But if I move my head up and down or  do anything sudden the change does for some reason increase the suction and it feels uncomfortable.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #1,864 of 2,269

Quote:
OMG!! I have always thought of that. It is about the only thing I don't like about the Monsters Pro-Copper and now the Miles Davis. If you don't properly equalize and have the right size or eartips then the suction is just too much. I managed now to find the right eartip by using the Auvio and I am able to relieve some of that pressure. But if I move my head up and down or  do anything sudden the change does for some reason increase the suction and it feels uncomfortable.

what about over-the-ear though?

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,866 of 2,269
Yup!!!  I've told people the very same thing a thousand times!  People keep saying the Clip+ can drive this and that no prob, MD's included.  B.S.  A nice clean amp that isn't colored and near zero output impedance and you're all set.  I like my Leckerton w/ opa209 opamps and others have liked both versions of the Stepdance in pairing.  The Clip+ was my first Head-fi DAP and the MD's my first Head-fi IEMs (after a long failed marriage to Shure).  Terrible match.  MD's want powah!  Or live w/ low dynamics from a Clip+.  I think the SFLo2 worked out well and the Arrow 4G should do wonders too in pairing w/ the MDs.

So true mike, you have no idea how my exact sentiments match yours.
The clip+ was my first good sounding portable dap as well, I love the synergy with ba iems.
However, they just don't cut it with the md. Sounds veiled and underpowered, bass dominates. Different story with my dac+amp.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #1,867 of 2,269
it is mate.
Proof of purchase, or original receipt is all that's needed.

I think you would ave bought it from the sale, so the Monster receipt/email/order number/paper etc should be provided with the sale.
Then, when the person wants to make a claim, they would say here is the document proving I or my "friend" bought it from an authorised seller :)

Why don't you just return it?

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #1,868 of 2,269
The Sony Hybrids are better than the assortment of tips Monster includes but the two tips I like the best with these are some bi-flanges similar to the meelec ones mentioned in the thread that came with some M2s and some single-flanges from an ancient pair of Vibes that self-destructed. Both tips have a much larger aperture than the Monster or Sony ones and have a more open sound as a result. The singles are a little more open and comfortable for extended listening and the bi-flanges a little better isolation and sound. Driver flex on these is way better than my og turbines but I'm way more careful with these too. I haven't tried them out yet but Comply tips might solve pressure problems but iirc they alter the sound signature a little.

The first few days I would have laughed if someone said they had too much bass but now I guess I could see it if you're bass averse. They definitely prefer some types of music over others but when you get a pairing that works (e.g. the new Grimes or Sharon Van Etten right now) they can sound pretty special.

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #1,869 of 2,269
@Totally Dubbed

Just noticed your rig and read your review of the Atrio MG7.

I'm wondering how's the MDT compare to MG7?
Found out that the local stores nearby me selling MG7.

My MDT still haven't arrive yet : (

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #1,870 of 2,269

Quote:
I haven't tried it. Since I use them mostly while sitting still then they don't bother me too much. But I will give that a try.

I remember that solving the TFTA's driver flex
That said I "manned-up" and just took it like a driver flex. Wait what? 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Why don't you just return it?

This isn't me...lol
And why should he, the guy is providing a great price + service to our community :)

Quote:
@Totally Dubbed

Just noticed your rig and read your review of the Atrio MG7.

I'm wondering how's the MDT compare to MG7?
Found out that the local stores nearby me selling MG7.

My MDT still haven't arrive yet : (

Hey man!
I have them in my profile, correct - but haven't got them.
My auntie in the USA has 2 MDT's now - she will be shipping:
1st batch:
-ASG-1's
-MDT's
-Denon D5K cups + D7K wires

2nd batch:
-2nd MDT's
-Denon custom maple wood cups

When they come in, I'll be sure to give impressions

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #1,871 of 2,269

Quote:

I remember that solving the TFTA's driver flex
That said I "manned-up" and just took it like a driver flex. Wait what? 
tongue.gif

This isn't me...lol
And why should he, the guy is providing a great price + service to our community :)

Hey man!
I have them in my profile, correct - but haven't got them.
My auntie in the USA has 2 MDT's now - she will be shipping:
1st batch:
-ASG-1's
-MDT's
-Denon D5K cups + D7K wires

2nd batch:
-2nd MDT's
-Denon custom maple wood cups

When they come in, I'll be sure to give impressions

You are one lucky man with all those goodies coming in.
gs1000.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #1,872 of 2,269
I'm still in doubt... Could anyone help me with a little review of these? I don't know if I should buy these or something like a Sennheiser HD598 or an Audio Technica ATH-M50 or hell, V-Moda M-80s...

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,873 of 2,269

Quote:
ou are one lucky man with all those goodies coming in.
gs1000.gif

I never knew poor existed in the word "lucky" haha!

I have used so much money...I will be selling, like so:
If I like the MDT's, but not love them:
Sell:
-2nd MDT
If its better than the following two, then sell:
-MG7
-ASG-1

If I love the MDT's
Other 2 brands will be sold -> 1 set of MDT's will be kept for my mum, as a gift -> she wanted some earphones

If I don't like the MDT's:
Both will be sold

And then it would be ASG-1 vs MG7's

I was also on the verge of buying the Denon AH-D7000's for $600 - fortunately the seller wasn't too confident selling outside the US, and I wasn't sure either -> close call for my wallet haha

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #1,874 of 2,269

Quote:
I'm still in doubt... Could anyone help me with a little review of these? I don't know if I should buy these or something like a Sennheiser HD598 or an Audio Technica ATH-M50 or hell, V-Moda M-80s...

What 125 pages isn't enough to make up your mind...haha. They are a very good pair, although they lean more toward mids/bass heavy. They don't do a whole lot wrong and provide a nice sound with punch. I think the bass toned down ever so slightly from when I first got them, that or I got used to it's profile. Either way for $130 they are an absolute steal. The real great thing about them is I finally got a pair of IEM's that provide good tips. I've had 6 or more lower end pairs all with that same crap tip that comes with nearly all IEM's. Which is utterly worthless and provides no seal at all. These however sound fantastic the second I put them in my ear.

On portable devices non amped they sound good, I actually had to turn down the volume from where I'd normally have it. I don't really get tired of wearing them and have used them 10 hours straight a couple of times now. Girlfriend loved the pair I bought for her as well, as she discovers her music collection all over again. So I'm happy with mine, although I do prefer full size cans to IEM's. Least I know now that a pair of IEM's can fit and sound great too.

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #1,875 of 2,269

Quote:
What 125 pages isn't enough to make up your mind...haha. They are a very good pair, although they lean more toward mids/bass heavy. They don't do a whole lot wrong and provide a nice sound with punch. I think the bass toned down ever so slightly from when I first got them, that or I got used to it's profile. Either way for $130 they are an absolute steal. The real great thing about them is I finally got a pair of IEM's that provide good tips. I've had 6 or more lower end pairs all with that same crap tip that comes with nearly all IEM's. Which is utterly worthless and provides no seal at all. These however sound fantastic the second I put them in my ear.

On portable devices non amped they sound good, I actually had to turn down the volume from where I'd normally have it. I don't really get tired of wearing them and have used them 10 hours straight a couple of times now. Girlfriend loved the pair I bought for her as well, as she discovers her music collection all over again. So I'm happy with mine, although I do prefer full size cans to IEM's. Least I know now that a pair of IEM's can fit and sound great too.

Thanks man! Another question though, what kind of genres do you listen to? For which genres would you recommend them? I tend to listen classical, (instrumental) rock and some pop. Also, are they comfortable to wear for longer periods?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back