Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #1,846 of 2,269
Mine is the same, man. You can stop being paranoid.
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #1,847 of 2,269

Quote:

Hope this helps! (in centimeters)

My connector seems to be 2.6 cm long... but then again, I'm using a very old wooden ruler with no easily defined edge. It even looks longer compared to the connector in your pictures, though.

It looks just like how it is in the video for the fake ones... but the thing is, the gold is not "dimmed". I've been using these for a couple months and none of the paint has scratched off or faded. I accidentally dropped it multiple times, and all I had received from those accidents were a piece of the gold housing chipped off (to reveal black underneath). The piece which would be dimmed on the fakes DID detach though, but I remember reading that this has happened to people with real pairs as well in the past. 

Mine is the same, man. You can stop being paranoid.
wink.gif

Really? If so, then that's a relief... because I wouldn't be able to get my money back as it has been too long since I purchased the MDT's.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,848 of 2,269
There's some misinformation out there regarding fakes, and it doesn't help that Monster has made a few revisions to the build. This applies to their Turbine line as well.

Guys, I don't know if it's just me, but the MDT really doesn't sound very good out of the Sansa Clip+. It sounds a bit "lifeless", not really sure how to put it into words. Like it's lost its musicality or something. The reason I bring it up is another user told me he wasn't impressed with the MDT, and lo-and-behold he's using it out of the Clip. Just doesn't seem to be a good match to me. I dunno.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #1,849 of 2,269

Quote:
Guys, I don't know if it's just me, but the MDT really doesn't sound very good out of the Sansa Clip+. It sounds a bit "lifeless", not really sure how to put it into words. Like it's lost its musicality or something. The reason I bring it up is another user told me he wasn't impressed with the MDT, and lo-and-behold he's using it out of the Clip. Just doesn't seem to be a good match to me. I dunno.

Yup!!!  I've told people the very same thing a thousand times!  People keep saying the Clip+ can drive this and that no prob, MD's included.  B.S.  A nice clean amp that isn't colored and near zero output impedance and you're all set.  I like my Leckerton w/ opa209 opamps and others have liked both versions of the Stepdance in pairing.  The Clip+ was my first Head-fi DAP and the MD's my first Head-fi IEMs (after a long failed marriage to Shure).  Terrible match.  MD's want powah!  Or live w/ low dynamics from a Clip+.  I think the SFLo2 worked out well and the Arrow 4G should do wonders too in pairing w/ the MDs.

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #1,850 of 2,269

Quote:
There's some misinformation out there regarding fakes, and it doesn't help that Monster has made a few revisions to the build. This applies to their Turbine line as well.

I agree. Sounds great with my iPod touch, but not with my Clip. Very strange.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,852 of 2,269
Yea I posted a link to the pic in this thread showing real vs fake nozzle/driver. That's THE sure-fire way to spot a fake. Stopping measuring things and just look at the nozzle.

Here it is yet again, yours should look like the one on the left , not the right. Left real , right fake.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/476844/monster-miles-davis-tribute-appreciation-thread/870#post_7209138

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #1,853 of 2,269

Quote:

I use the Clip+ with my ex1000 and tf10 and to me they sound superb. The MDT uses a lot more battery, so it makes sense an amp would help.
An amp would bring out the full potential of the MDT but would not make it portable. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #1,856 of 2,269

Quote:
I took that idea but made it into a more clean look by de-coring the Monsters Foam Supertips and using the Radio Shack Auvio tips. I am very impressed by the isolation I am getting and the comfort. The sound-stage has increased a little bit and now I am getting a more balanced sound. I like how the foam looks like it was meant to fit in there. The Auvio eartips are so dense now and feel similar to the gel supertips but with a wider bore opening.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10788687

great idea.  i just put some together and they work wonderfully.  i used the second largest auvio tip and the white foam supertips, which fit like a charm inside of the auvios, just like they were made to fit together.  while i haven't yet tried them in public, i feel quite confident in their isolation.  and i am not so learned when it comes to the adjectives used around here to describe various nuances, but to me they sound very open, as though everything is fitting through that big opening.

Mar 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #1,857 of 2,269
I've been loving my sony hybrid tips with these.  They seem to be the best all-around tips for me.  I love the tri-flange tips, but they get itchy after awhile, and the sonys sound just as good and are way more comfy.  

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #1,860 of 2,269

Quote:
I am selling my MDT and would like to know if the warranty is transferable.

Thank you

it is mate.
Proof of purchase, or original receipt is all that's needed.

I think you would ave bought it from the sale, so the Monster receipt/email/order number/paper etc should be provided with the sale.
Then, when the person wants to make a claim, they would say here is the document proving I or my "friend" bought it from an authorised seller :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back