Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #1,592 of 2,269
this is the single best iem ive had and heard so far.
coming from fx700, sm3, ortofon eq7, ue700.

some points:
fx700 may be better in timbre, specially in those guitars and violins, but so is the davis, without loosing the mids (feel kinda recessed in the fx700 but its not) but also having better and upfront vocals.
sm3 may be the best in vocals, but it lacks details in highs, songs like rock and pop wouldnt sound complete in the sm3, davis sounds better in balance and overall performance.

its just the best.
i love its sound and presentation.
its so very pleasing even out of the box.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,593 of 2,269

Quote:
this is the single best iem ive had and heard so far.
coming from fx700, sm3, ortofon eq7, ue700.

some points:
fx700 may be better in timbre, specially in those guitars and violins, but so is the davis, without loosing the mids (feel kinda recessed in the fx700 but its not) but also having better and upfront vocals.
sm3 may be the best in vocals, but it lacks details in highs, songs like rock and pop wouldnt sound complete in the sm3, davis sounds better in balance and overall performance.

its just the best.
i love its sound and presentation.
its so very pleasing even out of the box.

very promising :)

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,594 of 2,269
Glad you're liking them! I remember you being interested in them quite a while ago, glad you finally got a pair. Happy listening.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #1,601 of 2,269

Quote:
she should have camped on the Monster site or the Deal thread on head-fi :p
What a great GF though :)

Heh, I am afraid to tell her about Monster's unspeakable act. It will break her heart.

On a different note, this sale has caused a new surge of interest in these phones, which is great! I have struggled with this issue for a while, but what tips are you all using on your MD Tributes? Right now I am using Large Comply T-500's inserted backwards (to prevent the foam from soaking up all the treble). I feel that the MD Tributes do not lend themselves to deep insertion as the bass becomes too overwhelming. I think that using the large Comply tips creates the most distance between my eardrums and the drivers, while still maintaining a good seal, thus resulting a a more open and less clustered sound.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #1,603 of 2,269
I will probably use either the black gel supertips, the tri-flanges, or sony hybrids.  I've found that different tips work better or worse for different IEMs (IE, I like the white supertips with my focalprice IEMs, Sony Hybrids with the TF10's and UE700's, black supertips with the monoprice, tri-flanges with the Monster Turbines, etc.)

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #1,604 of 2,269
if I fall in love with them...I might need to place an order for the Tx-400's...

I already feel stupid buying the P-series for my MG7's + Tx-500's for the ASG-1's
I haven't even heard the ASG-1's yet, and now I'm not sure if the MG7's will even stay with me!

Either or, I could sell them on for £10 a pair (the tips) or include them with my sale.

This will be a very interesting face-off for me:
MTD vs. MG7 vs. ASG-1

These are ALL assumptions: (what I think they will be - I have the MG7's atm, but I mean in comparison)
-MG7's kings of bass
-ASG-1's kings of highs/mids
-MTD the all-rounder

-MG7's were cheap so I might keep them, or sell them very quickly
-ASG-1's there are not many in the EU that have them, so for the people interested in these in the EU would buy them off me
-MTD's came at such a cheap price, I already have a potential buyer for them

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #1,605 of 2,269

Quote:
Its a limited offer i think - and a discontinued product

Are they really discontinued? Is there any news on that?

@BustyBloke:

The best tips for the MDT's are the meelec ones IMO. They were recommended a lot on this thread and I got a set because of that. They are really good for comfort. Also, using the MDT's over the ears helps a lot too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back