Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Jan 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,471 of 2,269
It definitely doesn't sound fake, as the sound is on par with the MTPC I had (I can't really decide which one I like best).

My only question is, could it be a big problem that the filter is missing? I don't want my earphones to break down because of that.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #1,472 of 2,269
Do any one know where can I buy the Monster Miles Davis Tribute with brown box?
I know they are no difference with the earphones.But I really like the package

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #1,473 of 2,269
I just got my pair of MDT's from eBay and verified they are real (convex filter, shorter length right-angle connector, metal housing, included supertips etc). These sound just amazing and I absolutely love the bass.

The thing is, the housing for the left ear seem to have fell apart (it was like that when I received it), meaning I can pull the back housing and separate it from the driver. I purposely pulled the right housing (with some force) and it has managed to wiggle a little as well. Are these known-issues of the MDT? Should I get a replacement pair or should I just super-glue it?

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,474 of 2,269

Quote:
I just got my pair of MDT's from eBay and verified they are real (convex filter, shorter length right-angle connector, metal housing, included supertips etc). These sound just amazing and I absolutely love the bass.

The thing is, the housing for the left ear seem to have fell apart (it was like that when I received it), meaning I can pull the back housing and separate it from the driver. I purposely pulled the right housing (with some force) and it has managed to wiggle a little as well. Are these known-issues of the MDT? Should I get a replacement pair or should I just super-glue it?

U have a pic?  I have not heard of MDTs shell separating ever.  They are not designed like the Turbine lineup which splits the typical way.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #1,475 of 2,269
So the first pic shows how the housing slides out, and when I tried with some force to detach the right-earphone housing, it started to come loose as well :\

The 2nd pic is of the right-angle connector, as you can probably tell, it matches the length of the real ones. The 3rd pic shows the filter, it's not concave/recessed. I guess those are all good signs except the obvious defect in the housing.

I bought these from eBay for a total of $208 and picked it up locally, it was sold from a liquidator. Everything in the box checks out as well, the cases, etc). They do allow 14day refund.. My dilemma right now is whether I should just return these, glue the housing together, or try to get a replacement from Monster.

Quote:
U have a pic?  I have not heard of MDTs shell separating ever.  They are not designed like the Turbine lineup which splits the typical way.

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #1,476 of 2,269

Quote:

Wow, that's a first for me.  Mine are rock solid and one of the initial batches, they have zero play.  I would see if Monster will exchange them.  Shoot over those pics to them.  I would go from there.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #1,477 of 2,269
Thanks. I emailed them, we'll see what they say. I also plan on calling them but their support line is apparently down... 

Apart from that the sound from these phones are great, the bass does seem to tone down significantly (unless volume is cranked) when in noisier environments through, such as in the subway. Do you guys experience that as well?

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #1,478 of 2,269

Quote:
Thanks. I emailed them, we'll see what they say. I also plan on calling them but their support line is apparently down... 

Apart from that the sound from these phones are great, the bass does seem to tone down significantly (unless volume is cranked) when in noisier environments through, such as in the subway. Do you guys experience that as well?

CALL them. Do not use e-mail, they seem to never respond in many cases including mine. Make sure to call their support line and be prepared for a hold time of anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. If it says they're down just keep trying.

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #1,481 of 2,269
Wow Additional heads up ... you can apply the code monstervday12 for an additional 20 off .. and this price still includes free shipping ... i just picked up my 3rd pair of these headphones for 130 :) lets hope this newest pair doesnt break on me

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #1,484 of 2,269
i originally bought them during the lighting deals after thanksgiving but my first pair broke after 3 days and my 2nd pair with the newer updated larger box/packaging .. lasted 2 weeks then failed as well .. so i just asked amazon for a refund and bought the vsonic gr07 which i love .. but still miss the impact and fun i had with the MD's :)

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,485 of 2,269
So I guess for me who is from the Philippines, hence shipping is a lot(esp if sending it back again), not to say calling them for warrany, is not advised huh?

Quote:
i originally bought them during the lighting deals after thanksgiving but my first pair broke after 3 days and my 2nd pair with the newer updated larger box/packaging .. lasted 2 weeks then failed as well .. so i just asked amazon for a refund and bought the vsonic gr07 which i love .. but still miss the impact and fun i had with the MD's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back