Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Dec 11, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #796 of 2,269

Quote:
↑↑ I'm talking about the fakes.

Gotcha, kinda lost me there.  
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #797 of 2,269
Dec 12, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #799 of 2,269
I know but for that price I could care less about the warranty. I wont be using them outside or when am working out, just in the bed relaxing. They are overpriced anyway so monster can afford to give a lifetime warranty but they are still amazing just not 400 to 500 amazing.

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #800 of 2,269
the bass on the MD is crazy with the correct tips. I really think am in love with them. Its hard to find that much bass and still get clarity, to me it has exactly the right amount of bass and clarity for me I really think they are perfect for the price I got them for.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #802 of 2,269

They definitely aren't $400-$500 anymore, I got them for $260, and if you take into consideration that you get a brand new MMD if the first one breaks, that is 2 MMD's each at $130... not bad at all 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I know but for that price I could care less about the warranty. I wont be using them outside or when am working out, just in the bed relaxing. They are overpriced anyway so monster can afford to give a lifetime warranty but they are still amazing just not 400 to 500 amazing.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #803 of 2,269
HI fellow head-fiers I have a question for all you Monster MD owners. I recently purchase a pair of monster turbine gold and I love the sound it produce. With the price drop on the MD edition I feel like I should go grab a pair before it ends. I also currently own a JH13 and use it for most of my music, but I tend to use the gold when I craving extra bass and I just love how the gold pushes the air creating a subwoofer feel and for working out. I love going to raves and love the feeling of 10 subs blasting my head with bass. I am wondering if I should grab the MD since I hear they are great in the mids department and bass department. Will the MD give me less of a thump and move less air compared to the gold and since I have a pair of JH13 I wonder if the MD will be right for me to put in my arsenal of headphones. 

Thanks

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #804 of 2,269

Quote:
HI fellow head-fiers I have a question for all you Monster MD owners. I recently purchase a pair of monster turbine gold and I love the sound it produce. With the price drop on the MD edition I feel like I should go grab a pair before it ends. I also currently own a JH13 and use it for most of my music, but I tend to use the gold when I craving extra bass and I just love how the gold pushes the air creating a subwoofer feel and for working out. I love going to raves and love the feeling of 10 subs blasting my head with bass. I am wondering if I should grab the MD since I hear they are great in the mids department and bass department. Will the MD give me less of a thump and move less air compared to the gold and since I have a pair of JH13 I wonder if the MD will be right for me to put in my arsenal of headphones. 

Thanks

From what I read; the MD's have the best of the Golds and Coppers. Owning a pair of coppers along with my MD's, I can tell you the extra bass is present on the MD's. I like the Coppers because they are less flashy and sound a little more neutral (although the MD's are incredibly enjoyable, in a laid back sense).
In prefrence, I choose the MD's for when I want to listen to music at low volumes. I find they can sound a little too punchy when I crank it up. Otherwise, I find the signature to be very lush and enjoyable. Oddly enough, I find they do sound a little different than the MTPC's, the mids make a warmer presentation, without sounding as narring as the Coppers (not by much)
The Coppers, I perfer when listening to music in louder environments; like a coffee shop, or the gym. They sound a little more energetic, and deliver a very similar punch when cranked up.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you want something that is dramatically different, you may be dissapointed. Atleast to me, they share enough similarities to the Copper's that most people may have a tough time picking up on the subtleties (that is, until you own both pairs
wink.gif
). Although, I havent listened to the Gold's before, so there may very well be a significant pickup with the MD's by comparison.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #805 of 2,269
Well, I felt that MD and MTPG has the equal league of bass BUT sometimes the bass from the Golds tend to creep out of hand to the mids etc, Something which i don feel it with the MDs, And the MDs has treble that is subtly different but on par with Coppers, which both are better than MTPG which could sound rolled off at times.

I cant judge whether its totally worth it or not, But for me i am glad i have chose to pay more to grab the MDs over Golds anytime of the day :wink:

(P.S. And i have yet to grab hold of Meelec Tips! But I still love MDs with ER-CK50M Tips, On Supertips i just felt the Instrument Seperation were tad more congested, With ER-CK50M Tips its just slightly less rich but quite much better instrument seperation and imaging and musicality, Until i get hold of meelec tips to compare, I shall step back to my current ER-CK50M tips, Those were many many times easier to fit in my ears for optimum fit than the supertips do! =)) )

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #806 of 2,269
The MDs are basically everything the Golds are but better mids, treble, clarity and a few other technical aspects.  It is an uber-Gold, simple. So if you want Gold signature but better MDs are it.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #807 of 2,269
Mine were sibilant as can be, making most of my music unbearable. This was through multiple sources and tips and with many recordings that are not normally sibilant. I sent them back to Monster on warranty and I'm hoping I'll receive a new pair soon that I can "appreciate" in this thread.
wink.gif

On a more positive note, though, the blue cable's appearance grows on you after a while.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #808 of 2,269

Quote:
Mine were sibilant as can be, making most of my music unbearable. This was through multiple sources and tips and with many recordings that are not normally sibilant. I sent them back to Monster on warranty and I'm hoping I'll receive a new pair soon that I can "appreciate" in this thread.
wink.gif

On a more positive note, though, the blue cable's appearance grows on you after a while.

It happened to me too, worse still, Right Driver died on me, In the end I received a new pair out of manafacturing defect from the native warranty vendor, And i love the subsequent pair! =))

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #809 of 2,269
I'm glad they have the warranty because the reports of QC are horrible.  As much as I love my MDs and the little trouble I've had the number of reports about QC are really inexcusable.  If I actually make it to CES this year I'm going to share a piece of my mind w/ somebody there.  Preferably Noel Lee or his son.  They actually do like to hear feedback despite appearances at times.    

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #810 of 2,269

Quote:
I'm glad they have the warranty because the reports of QC are horrible.  As much as I love my MDs and the little trouble I've had the number of reports about QC are really inexcusable.  If I actually make it to CES this year I'm going to share a piece of my mind w/ somebody there.  Preferably Noel Lee or his son.  They actually do like to hear feedback despite appearances at times.    

Yeah thats a must! I think Noel Lee has been too busy counting dollar notes in the comforts of his home office and forgetting to pick up the slack of his employees' efforts =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back