Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Oct 19, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #721 of 2,269
Yes the MDs are very good. And btw how bout MDs with iBasso D4? o.O

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #722 of 2,269

Quote:
how about pairing MDs with the source = HIPPO GUMSTICK?
instead of buying  amp(arrow)  and LOD for the ipod.

would that be more fulfilling?

The Gumstick works great w/ the MDs.  I personally prefer a less warm source like the Sflo2 and Arrow to synergize w/ the MDs.  If I were you I wold focus on hearing the IEMs first and deciding what direction you want the sound to go for you.  Of course you need a reference to know how your current source sounds relative to neutrality.  

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #723 of 2,269
Hey Guys SMACK ME PLEASE! I just broke the MD Defect Time Attack Record - Left Driver Down on its 11th day of use, Confirm not jack / cable defect cause the Left Driver went "Bzz..BZzz..BZZZt" And It hung up on me. Tomorrow i gonna go down to the native sole distributor with the warranty card.

I Think They gonna go crazy to see that the moment i deliver my warranty card, they need to do something about my MDs immediately =X

Until then, I shall feed my desperate and hungry ears with the Ortofon e-Q7 (Luckily!)

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #724 of 2,269

Quote:
Hey Guys SMACK ME PLEASE! I just broke the MD Defect Time Attack Record - Left Driver Down on its 11th day of use, Confirm not jack / cable defect cause the Left Driver went "Bzz..BZzz..BZZZt" And It hung up on me. Tomorrow i gonna go down to the native sole distributor with the warranty card.

I Think They gonna go crazy to see that the moment i deliver my warranty card, they need to do something about my MDs immediately =X

Until then, I shall feed my desperate and hungry ears with the Ortofon e-Q7 (Luckily!)

Wow, sorry to hear that.  Good thing you're covered.  Let us know how it goes.  You should do a comparison some day w/ the EQ7.

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #725 of 2,269

huh... well I certainly hope their 1 time "lifetime" replacement warranty only applies for accidental damage..
On a similar note. I had mine exchanged today. They sound a little better, but I feel like they did a rush job with the recent batch. they couldnt fit everything in the packaging; as a result, the box wasnt entirely shut, and the 'phone's tips werent entirely on. I'm going to run my MD's on pink noise for a day, to see if I can get rid of the nasty shriek I have been experiencing.

Quote:

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #726 of 2,269

Quote:

Wow, sorry to hear that.  Good thing you're covered.  Let us know how it goes.  You should do a comparison some day w/ the EQ7.

Quote:
huh... well I certainly hope their 1 time "lifetime" replacement warranty only applies for accidental damage..
On a similar note. I had mine exchanged today. They sound a little better, but I feel like they did a rush job with the recent batch. they couldnt fit everything in the packaging; as a result, the box wasnt entirely shut, and the 'phone's tips werent entirely on. I'm going to run my MD's on pink noise for a day, to see if I can get rid of the nasty shriek I have been experiencing.

Quote:

Anaxilus <- Sure! Though i think they were abit of different animals especially on the instrument seperation aspect, I feel that e-Q7 handles them more lively, More Rock-Band Oriented with its fast bass response. On the other hand the MDs were more subtle and smooth, as usual, jazz-oriented compared to the e-Q7, Though i will need to give the new MDs and a more thorough listen to the e-Q7 before i can really sit down and say anything =)) Just my 2 cents of first impressions on them ^_^

Aleki <- Yeah same here! Hope this native warranty thing doesn't reaches the ears of Monster Company at least >=) So we can still contact monster if anything happens the second time LOL

Oct 22, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #727 of 2,269

Quote:
Aleki <- Yeah same here! Hope this native warranty thing doesn't reaches the ears of Monster Company at least >=) So we can still contact monster if anything happens the second time LOL

You are covered under manufacturer warranty.  Do not let whoever you talk to tell you otherwise.  This is a defect unless you ripped the cord out yourself.

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #728 of 2,269

You are covered under manufacturer warranty.  Do not let whoever you talk to tell you otherwise.  This is a defect unless you ripped the cord out yourself.

whoa good point. I shall make sure they give me a satisfactory answer. Thanks for the reminder =)

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #729 of 2,269
Just put on some Sony tips (from LostEarBuds) and got a nice fit for the first time. BOOM! Got swamped by the bass. It seems I'm still trying to find the right fit. I'll have to pull them out a little the next time and adjust my senses.

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #730 of 2,269
Ah I am back! Now i say those In Singapore that its a super buy from The Turbine Pro to the MDs, They only inspect to see my MD were defect and not due to user nature, They straightaway gave me a new box! Was soo happy and they say so long its non-misuse and wear and tear on the physical cable, EVEN if its jack itself looses wiring and internal defect or problem. My Lifetime warranty can keep changing for a new pair so long its not Misuse and Abuse of product.

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #731 of 2,269

Quote:
Ah I am back! Now i say those In Singapore that its a super buy from The Turbine Pro to the MDs, They only inspect to see my MD were defect and not due to user nature, They straightaway gave me a new box! Was soo happy and they say so long its non-misuse and wear and tear on the physical cable, EVEN if its jack itself looses wiring and internal defect or problem. My Lifetime warranty can keep changing for a new pair so long its not Misuse and Abuse of product.

I am glad you got your problem sorted out!
It really makes me want to get a MD turbine when I have a chance someday...
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #732 of 2,269

Quote:

I am glad you got your problem sorted out!
It really makes me want to get a MD turbine when I have a chance someday...
biggrin.gif

Yeah especially with this warranty lifetime deal its very good for audiophiles!

And yes when i see the new one they give me, it had a slight difference earbud strain relief, the cable-split also had a mini gold ring to the left cable (doubt its a fake for my defective one cause i freaking got them at Stereo PS unless Stereo PS carries Fake MDs, that will be one of the best jokes i ever seen LOLOL)

And it seems this new pair finally fits what our fellow audiophiles here who also has the MDs says that it impresses upon first listen, something that my previous pair fall short of. I think i got the earlier, more refined batch this time? (My first MD is the number M0811 now this one i received is M0730. Go Figures~~

And for as i have mentioned , For all MDs and the Turbine Pros, So long its not physical misuse and abuse, even if its jack and wiring internal loosen, You can change it lifetime with no limit, While deliberate misuse one is One-Time Exchange =))

So I feel that its still a very worthy deal from Hwee Seng, since its God-Knows-When since i misuses my equipments LOLx Guess i don't have much chance using the one-time exchange unless so i am that unlucky to walk on the street and a bicycle pass by while he can be so accurate and manage to snag my MD cable then GG i would be loss for words xD

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #734 of 2,269
If your country (if you do not live in singapore if that is) and had a native warranty dealer ready to carry out the lifetime warranty exchange deal as it is in Singapore, Go Grab it, Other than Physical Wear and Tear and Misuse/Abuse they provided unlimited exchange while for misuse is 1-time exchange, Since most audiophiles shouldn't have misuse issues i think its literally one price but you buy the whole product cycle over and over, Plus I think MDs are a refined MTPG with a certain elements of MTPC but still sides more to MTPG's sound singature except like i said its more refined especially the bass were better IMO since it don't creeps into the MIDs like the MTPGs occasionally do.

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #735 of 2,269

Quote:
Just put on some Sony tips (from LostEarBuds) and got a nice fit for the first time. BOOM! Got swamped by the bass. It seems I'm still trying to find the right fit. I'll have to pull them out a little the next time and adjust my senses.

You want a larger aperture tip.  I believe the Sonys are the same size aperture as the Monster tips?  A biflange will also automatically space them away from your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back