Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Aug 12, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #586 of 2,269

Quote:
just got them today and they are pretty good
at least better than mtpg/mtpc imo
paired with sony hybrids, it doesnt get better than this
really something special

Welcome to the club man!  Its like a handful of us so welcome to the family, lol.  I keep listening to other phones to see what I'm missing out on and despite some technical aspects I keep coming back to the MDs for their overall musicality.  Highly recommend some Phonek earguides for over the ear and maybe some Meelec M11 bi flanges if you dont have something similar.

What number did you get?

Make sure you don't listen to them too loud the first couple of days.  Let the driver break in.  You could risk changing their sound by over driving the driver early on.  At least that was my first experience and theory about what happened.

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #588 of 2,269
Number is on the y connector.

No, IMO the burn in your phones faster really loud is more a recipe for disaster.  Nice and easy.  Let them rest also, I usually give my phones a rest when I turn in for bed.  A lot of theories and conjecture about burn in procedure.  I'm not a fan of subjecting speakers to unnatural listening conditions if it can be avoided.  My concern is getting the phone to its natural state while reducing any possible damage along the way.  I look at it like running a 100 meter dash cold w/o stretching.  Not a good idea.  

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #590 of 2,269
??  Should be on the grey part above the gold triangle on the y-connector.  Check both sides.  And inside the blue box also.

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #592 of 2,269
Wow.  They either have sold a lot or changed the number system.  M0451 here.  I'm starting to feel like i should use them less lol.  Let us know your impressions after burn in.  Hope you like them as much as I do!

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #593 of 2,269
when did you get your md's?
you might be correct they sold a lot
so far after a couple of hours im really liking their sound sig
deep warm bass lush mids and smooth treble
also sexy cables and design

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #595 of 2,269
That's weird, I cannot find the serial number on mine.  I got a sealed box from J&R, which is on the authorized dealer list, and everything about them seems authentic.  I am looking at the Y-connector.  I looked on the Miles Davis side, the Monster logo side, and on the gray portion above the gold piece.  I have seen pictures from other people's MTPG and MTPC headphones, so if it is like that, then my Y-connector is different.

Quote:
??  Should be on the grey part above the gold triangle on the y-connector.  Check both sides.  And inside the blue box also.

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #596 of 2,269
Has anyone tried cutting off one of the flanges off of the triple flange tips?  It seems as though those tips would work well for me if they weren't so long.  Maybe I will try to get some IE8 bi-flanges, since those seemed to fit my ears well.  Has anyone tried those and gotten good results?  The gel tips aren't too bad, but I am struggling with the one in my right ear.  They seem to be either too small and insert too far, or it hurts my ear.

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #597 of 2,269

Quote:
That's weird, I cannot find the serial number on mine.  I got a sealed box from J&R, which is on the authorized dealer list, and everything about them seems authentic.  I am looking at the Y-connector.  I looked on the Miles Davis side, the Monster logo side, and on the gray portion above the gold piece.  I have seen pictures from other people's MTPG and MTPC headphones, so if it is like that, then my Y-connector is different.

No number inside the blue box?

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #598 of 2,269

Quote:
Has anyone tried cutting off one of the flanges off of the triple flange tips?  It seems as though those tips would work well for me if they weren't so long.  Maybe I will try to get some IE8 bi-flanges, since those seemed to fit my ears well.  Has anyone tried those and gotten good results?  The gel tips aren't too bad, but I am struggling with the one in my right ear.  They seem to be either too small and insert too far, or it hurts my ear.

I use the Meelec M11 bi flanges strictly for best sound quality IMO.  The black gels and white hybrids have better isolation and more intense bass if you want it.  The stock tip s also are bit warmer w/ the smaller opening IMO.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #599 of 2,269
Here are some pictures of where I am looking for the serial number just to make sure I am looking at the right things.  The whole thing freaks me out a little, because I just went through the whole fake IE8 thing.  I ended up returning a set that I thought were fake.  I am planning on contacting Monster when they open on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back