Monster Inspiration ???
Dec 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

AmberOzL

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there somebody know these hps? I got a present for this christmas and this is not an active noise cancellation version.

For the moment I didn't open the box. I can sell them and use the money for something better. But I wanted to learn you guys experience.

How is the sound quality? Is it an hi-fi grade or just another marketing success like Beats s..t or something?

Does it worth keeping it and using or sound is bad enough to throw it away?

Music genres: Pretty much anything, mostly rock/metal.
Main use: With iPod nano, without an AMP.

I already checked some videos/reviews but I want real users experience not websites who pumps up all the 'cool' brands products and all. I read nice things about it but same guys also wrote nice things about Beats line so I don't trust them.

My only concern is sound quality. Design and portability is ok. Built quality seems nice too and it comes with a protective case (I suppose it is hard case). If sound is good enough I will keep them.

What I mean good is usually around level of HFI 780, M50, SRH 840, Dt770 Pro 80 ohm, Custom One Pro, K550 etc etc.

I hope somebody can help me.

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 18
Sell it and get a Custom One Pro or something. The Inspiration is okay, but you're paying a lot extra for the looks with mid-fi sound. That said, it's significantly better than the Beats line.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:
Do you mean the Behringer HPS stuff?
If so, have a read of the Amazon reviews
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-HPS5000-Closed-Studio-Headphones/dp/B000CCIVDO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

no, this:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/monster-inspiration-passive-noise-isolation-review/

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:
Sell it and get a Custom One Pro or something. The Inspiration is okay, but you're paying a lot extra for the looks with mid-fi sound. That said, it's significantly better than the Beats line.

do you have experience with them? I mean how do they sound compared to COP or a headphone around that level? I don't mind money problems since it is a gift, if it is good enough like ATH M50, HFI 780 etc etc I will keep it. If the SQ is lower than these examples, yes then I can sell it and buy something else. Maybe Amperior. I know they are not around ear but still they are the successors of legendary hd25s.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
do you have experience with them? I mean how do they sound compared to COP or a headphone around that level? I don't mind money problems since it is a gift, if it is good enough like ATH M50, HFI 780 etc etc I will keep it. If the SQ is lower than these examples, yes then I can sell it and buy something else. Maybe Amperior. I know they are not around ear but still they are the successors of legendary hd25s.

In that case, the Inspiration is imo, around the same level as those headphones. It's inoffensive and forgiving, works with almost all genres. Just wish it was $75ish less.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #8 of 18
Monster Inspiration looks to have a VERY similar FR balance like V-Moda M100 http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterInspiration.pdf

V-Moda M100: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaM100.pdf

EDIT: cutting out for easier comparision:

Monster Inspiration:

V-Moda M100:

Interesting.

May 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 18
I guess that's gonna have to be me!  I've been hearing nothing but good things, so I think I'm going to get em.  
I've been on the fence about these and Focal's spirit one.  
Likely will just buy both and compare all three sometime in the future...

May 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 18
I noticed you mentioned the dt770s. If you are considering them then I would hands down go with them over the Inspiration. overall quality will be much better sound wise and probably build wise too. COP is another option, but I like the sound sig. of the 770s over the COP IMO. 

cheers
size]

May 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #13 of 18
Yeah... the dt770's are on my list too.  trouble deciding between the 32 and 80 ohm versions. 
so that's 3 phones I have to buy... lol

OMG I'm starting to have too many headphones... damn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back