Monster In-Ear Copper Pro earbuds
Nov 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

htsource

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Monster Copper Pro IEM to try out with my iPhone, iPad.  First impression was too bassy, I mean too much!  I tried with different tips now they sound pretty decent.  Aside from the Monster, what else should I consider?  I was wondering about the Sennheiser IE8 but I can't find them locally where I live.  If I mail order I want to make sure they are the ones I'm after.

According to the IEM ranking, IE8 is #5 where the Monster is #37.

I've never used in-ear earbuds before so I don't know what to expect as far as sound characteristics go, much appreciate your help.

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 13
Let them burn in, the bass would definitely not be as heavy as before. If you find the coppers too bassy, i doubt you would like the ie8 as they have even more bass. 

And where did you get that iem ranking?

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 13
The Monsters benefit from burning-in, so I would really just do a cursory listen for now, then if I were you I would burn these in for a week straight before I listened again. 

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 13
Here's what I found the ranking from:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/in-ear

I'm trying different tips now, they seem to be fairly sensitive as far as with differen tips.  They seem to make a good difference.  I'll try to put through some test tones to burn them in.

Aside from more bass with Sennheiser, would the Sennheiser have flater respnose curve?

Thanks again for your help.

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
Here's what I found the ranking from:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/in-ear

I'm trying different tips now, they seem to be fairly sensitive as far as with differen tips.  They seem to make a good difference.  I'll try to put through some test tones to burn them in.

Aside from more bass with Sennheiser, would the Sennheiser have flater respnose curve?

Thanks again for your help.

if you dislike the coppers already, I doubt you'll like the bass coming from the senneheisers...

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
The Monsters benefit from burning-in, so I would really just do a cursory listen for now, then if I were you I would burn these in for a week straight before I listened again. 

x2

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 13
The boomy sound you are experiencing may be from negative pressure in your ear. It took me a while to find tips that work best (went from supertips, to comply, to the stock silicone tips). I find the medium silicone tips and the white gel supertips work best, for me. Wearing them over the ear also seems to provide me with the best sound.
Also, the coppers definitely benefit from breaking in. Treble was the most observable improvement

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 13
↑↑
Considering they come with a lifetime warranty, and a one time your-fault replacement, absolutely! Although, since they can be had for less elsewhere, hunt around! People have been able to get onecall to drop their price to ~$215USD before.

PS: Personally, I find these to be more enjoable than my TF10's by quite a margin; but that's just me :wink:

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 13
Over in Canada, they are quite expensive, I paid close to $400 for mine.  Unfortunately these are going back to the store.  I ended up for a pair of Shure SE535, they are more natual than Monster, I probably should have given more time with the Monster but for $50 more the Shure is definitely a step up.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
↑↑
Considering they come with a lifetime warranty, and a one time your-fault replacement, absolutely! Although, since they can be had for less elsewhere, hunt around! People have been able to get onecall to drop their price to ~$215USD before.

PS: Personally, I find these to be more enjoable than my TF10's by quite a margin; but that's just me :wink:

Yea me too, i enjoyed the coppers a lot more than the tf10, the treble on the tf10 is too harsh for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back