Monster headphones/earphones control talk has issues with apple product
Nov 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JeFFz

500+ Head-Fier
Saw this on macrumors and found this interesting, i guess this issue would affect the beats market if apple stops selling them.

Several Monster headphone models using Apple's Remote and Mic technology do not meet Apple's technical specifications. These headphones use conductive flanges, which can result in electrical shorts that cause an iPod or iPhone to pause and play erratically. Customers may not be aware that the issue is caused by the headphones and may believe that the iPod or iPhone is defective instead. There are no known safety concerns and no known risk of damage to the iPod/iPhone or headphones.

Article Link: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/01/apple-investigating-issue-with-monster-headphones/

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 7
Well, I was just about to pull the trigger and get one of these models, but now I'm going to wait a bit. Thanks for the heads up.

Aug 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Can anyone else confirm that this is still an issue? I just ordered some MTPCs for use with an iPhone so I need to know if I should cancel the order?

It really just depends on your luck. I've returned it 3 times, 2 for the build issues and 1 for the issue you described. Good luck.

Aug 14, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:

It really just depends on your luck. I've returned it 3 times, 2 for the build issues and 1 for the issue you described. Good luck.

Did the Controltalk feature work well on the 2 that had build issues? Do you think it is worth getting the Controltalk version? I also noticed your sig has ie8 as your current iem. Do you like these better than the MTPC?

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

Did the Controltalk feature work well on the 2 that had build issues? Do you think it is worth getting the Controltalk version? I also noticed your sig has ie8 as your current iem. Do you like these better than the MTPC?

Yes the ControlTalk worked fine on the first 2 and I don't think it's worth getting but the non-ControlTalk version have build issues too. It just really depends on your luck. After returning 5 Coppers for defects, I got the IE8 and indeed enjoy it more. It's mainly because it's fantastic for hip hop music, which I listen to the most but the Coppers might be better for other genres. It just depends on what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back