Monster Beats by Dre Studio headphones rigid case
Jan 17, 2010 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

dawa

New Head-Fier
So, I've been looking for a semi-hard (rigid) small case for transporting my Denon d2ks. I've found a dealer locally that is offering the Monster Beats by Dre Studio headphone case alone. However, they do not list the dimensions so I have no idea if I can use this. I've had a surprisingly hard time finding anything else, so I was hoping someone here who has these be able to measure the case for me.

Of course, any other suggestions are welcome. I've been trying to avoid a DIY project, but I'm also open to any good ideas.

Thanks!
dt880smile.png

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 21
That is where I am off to now. This afternoon I trolled the local electronics stores to see if I could wing it with a camera/video camera case and.. no. The shape is too unforgiving in a soft case, even worse in semi-rigid.

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #8 of 21
You beat me to it.
ph34r.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the HeadRoom Headcase.

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 21
I'd really like to know if there are any hard cases that will fit the d2000's as well.  That headroom case is just a bag, offering no real ballistic protection from what I can tell

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #12 of 21

Quote:
I'd really like to know if there are any hard cases that will fit the d2000's as well.  That headroom case is just a bag, offering no real ballistic protection from what I can tell

Stop messing around and get the real deal.  http://www.pelican-case.com/#

Lifetime warranty, buoyancy ratings, pressure release valves, done.  My old laptop case got cracked by a tank in Iraq but it saved the laptop and got replaced for free when I got back.  That's protection.  I don't screw around when it comes to my gear and it sounds like you don't either.

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
Pelican sounds like a pretty good bet.  Can you recommend a particular model?

I would sort by size and match to the internal dimensions of the case providing for added foam if you wish.  Pick and Pluck foam will let you fit your headphones to the case.  I'll have a look since I have a pair of D7000s next to me.

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #15 of 21
Looks like a 1200 gets you right on the edge of fitting.  A 1300 will give more breathing room for foam and dealing w/ cables and say a portable DAP and Amp.  I'd go 1300 myself.

http://www.pelican-case.com/1300.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back