Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
May 17, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #3,961 of 8,051
Just chatted with B&H about my back ordered Audeze black leather free pads and was told they expect to receive a shipment on 5/25. So hopefully I'll have them early June.

So that's great news! Of course, never count your chickens before they hatch. Fingers crossed.

Can you tell me when you ordered yours. I ordered mine on 5/4 and wondered if I will be in the group receiving some. Thanks!

May 17, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #3,962 of 8,051
Without serious EQ, the 1060 will never be the bass cans that the THX-00 (ANYTHING) are. That is not what they do. I highly doubt that you will ever make them do it.
They do take EQ well (from my limited listening time) but never match the Fostex. IMO, either you take them for what they are and accept that (and for the price they have some nice qualities) or return them. If you are a Basshead... at all costs, they will never get it for you. But really, no planar design will likely do that. In addition to the 1060,I have the He 400, 400i, 500, 560, and 1000. If I want to indulge my basshead tendencies, I do not listen to any of those. My thx-600 or THX 6xx, OTH, is where I go.

I've read the 1060 is better than the 400i but how does it compare to the HE560? Is the 1060 a ''upgrade'' or downgrade to HE560... and can you give some differences between these 2 thank you.

May 17, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #3,963 of 8,051
Any thoughts on the M1060 w/ the Fiio E10k?

I just sat down and listened to my E10K and my Magni. They sound very similar but I feel the E10K has slightly less soundstage and imaging and was ever-so-slightly less bright (I find the Magni very, very bright). This was at about 1.5 volume on low gain on the E10K. I also tried the bass switch. It definitely make the M1060 feel more bassy but it's not tight bass and is pretty boomy.

Bottom line:
It would definitely work in a pinch and would probably sound better than an internal sound card but I definitely think the M1060 can benefit from a more beefy and resolving amp. Hope that helps.

May 17, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #3,964 of 8,051
i just ordered a SMSL M6 from aliexpress, got a decent discount for it, i paid 140$ shipped to mexico, i should be getting it within the next 30 days, if anyone is interested i'll post my findings when i get it, for the price, the specs seem to be really good, it ouputs more power than a fulla2 and has the same I/O than the modi 2 uber.
edit: forgot to mention, obviously i'll test it with my M1060 just in case someone is aiming for a cheap amp/dac

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #3,965 of 8,051
I just sat down and listened to my E10K and my Magni. They sound very similar but I feel the E10K has slightly less soundstage and imaging and was ever-so-slightly less bright (I find the Magni very, very bright). This was at about 1.5 volume on low gain on the E10K. I also tried the bass switch. It definitely make the M1060 feel more bassy but it's not tight bass and is pretty boomy.

Bottom line:
It would definitely work in a pinch and would probably sound better than an internal sound card but I definitely think the M1060 can benefit from a more beefy and resolving amp. Hope that helps.

Awesome, greatly appreciate the insight - thanks! Currently using them directly off my iPhone (GASP!) having sold off my rig awhile back, and while they sound great i know that an amp would really serve these cans well.

Thanks again!

May 18, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #3,967 of 8,051
About to get on a very long flight from Oz to Europe and couldn't leave without my favorite headphones. Great new is that M1060s fit pretty well in the Meze 99 Classic case :) I'll let you know how they survived the 20 hours trip.

May 18, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #3,968 of 8,051
I ordered the Vegan Pads from B&H on 5/3 when the status said "More on the Way 7-10 Days." The status changed to "Back Ordered" a day or so later. In an online chat a B&H rep said my order would be fulfilled and they expected it to be sent out at the end of May. This morning I received an email from B&H saying the item is back ordered. I'm sure many of you received the same email. At this point I'm not holding much hope that the order will be fulfilled.

For anyone that ordered while the webpage status said "More on the way," did you also receive the back ordered email recently?

May 18, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #3,969 of 8,051
I ordered the Vegan Pads from B&H on 5/3 when the status said "More on the Way 7-10 Days." The status changed to "Back Ordered" a day or so later. In an online chat a B&H rep said my order would be fulfilled and they expected it to be sent out at the end of May. This morning I received an email from B&H saying the item is back ordered. I'm sure many of you received the same email. At this point I'm not holding much hope that the order will be fulfilled.

For anyone that ordered while the webpage status said "More on the way," did you also receive the back ordered email recently?

Placed my order 4/28 I received that same email last week. Yesterday I chatted online with B&H and was told they expected a shipment on around 5/25. So I'm assuming most of us should receive our pads early June. Of course if they have more backorders than the shipment delivers not everyone will get theirs. But I'm going to guess lots of people would of decided to wait to it's in stock to order so am hopeful that we'll all get our pads in June.

May 18, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #3,970 of 8,051
Quite the sensitive one, and yes laziness should be called out on, I would like to think I'm adding by helping others not waste their time. Plus I did help you, I told you to go watch some videos that answer your question, so you wouldn't have to wait for someone to dig up the info for you (and waist their time.)

Sorry to offend you.

.............Not really

Not sensitive or offended. Just calling out people who go out of there way to not help people. Also, I did spend several minutes looking back at the previous pages to see if I could find the info, and I looked at the monoprice website for the info on the updates, before I asked.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #3,971 of 8,051
About to get on a very long flight from Oz to Europe and couldn't leave without my favorite headphones. Great new is that M1060s fit pretty well in the Meze 99 Classic case :) I'll let you know how they survived the 20 hours trip.

Wait, you are using the M1060 portable on the plane? Haha isn't this one of the highest sound leakage headphones there are? Do what you gotta do.

May 18, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #3,972 of 8,051
Not sensitive or offended. Just calling out people who go out of there way to not help people. Also, I did spend several minutes looking back at the previous pages to see if I could find the info, and I looked at the monoprice website for the info on the updates, before I asked.
Yes, he should have been more polite about it but he was correct... these type of forums do require lengthy thread reads and thorough research sometimes before posting... however, we are all guilty at some level for doing what you did so who is to judge! :wink:

So, pay him no mind I say and move on. In his short time on board he has already come across slightly emotional and dramatic and this might very well be because he is a child and/or young adult (still living with mom) so we may need to give him some quarter. At least you didn't bore us with a vomit on my new headphones drama... far too much info. It would have been simpler if he had just said: "Young child's vomit on new cans; deep in the grills; may even be on the drivers... please kindly advise next course of action." Done.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #3,973 of 8,051
I think it would be nice to have a separate M1060 thread, started by someone like Cskippy or someone who will constantly update the first post (maybe reserve the first 3-4 posts) and won't disappear after a month or two. This is truly a special headphone, and the same questions keep coming up. First page answering these questions, with mod measurements would be AWESOME!!! I think the M1060 is only going to get more popular as these start hitting local meets. A new Vegan pad option may need to be found, can't believe Audeze is actually discontinuing them. Sounds really dumb IMO, as they can't cost more than $5-10 to build, package, and ship to the USA.

Anyone up for that task, of creating a definitive M1060 thread?

May 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #3,974 of 8,051
Yes, he should have been more polite about it but he was correct... these type of forums do require lengthy thread reads and thorough research sometimes before posting... however, we are all guilty at some level for doing what you did so who is to judge! :wink:

So, pay him no mind I say and move on. In his short time on board he has already come across slightly emotional and dramatic and this might very well be because he is a child and/or young adult (still living with mom) so we may need to give him some quarter. At least you didn't bore us with a vomit on my new headphones drama... far too much info. It would have been simpler if he had just said: "Young child's vomit on new cans; deep in the grills; may even be on the drivers... please kindly advise next course of action." Done.
Lmao you are not incorrect, I might just be moody from child vomit on my cans, or it could be that I haven't hit the age yet where I tolerate incompetence, or I could just be an a*shole, you choose. In the end I'm just big ol' evil audiophile, here to offend people, even when I'm helping them (with blunt constructive criticism). Might as well ban me now, Ima T*O*X*I*C Boy.

May 18, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,975 of 8,051
Need balanced 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm dual connector cable for this. Reccomendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back