Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 25, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #3,152 of 8,051
Anyone else having trouble with the "BRING20" 20% off promo code? When I add it to my order it keeps telling me to add x amount of money to my order despite it already being over the $300 requirement. Very frustrating as I'd like to pick these up tonight...

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #3,155 of 8,051
Anyone else having trouble with the "BRING20" 20% off promo code? When I add it to my order it keeps telling me to add x amount of money to my order despite it already being over the $300 requirement. Very frustrating as I'd like to pick these up tonight...

Cannot use any discounts on the Monolith headphones...they are exempt from any discounts.

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #3,157 of 8,051

​If you click on the link about the BRING20 promo they list about a million items that are excluded from the 20% off.

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #3,158 of 8,051
  Most likely, there isn't really any other way to attach them if you look at the disassembled pics posted in this thread.

​you might want to try this: http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/accessories/aluminum-trim-ring.html (these were for early HE400i/560 that had plastic mounting rings but they also worked on my HE400.

and use this: http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/earpad-mounting-rings.html

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #3,159 of 8,051
Okay, after I saw they replaced the connection with 2.5mm and all the changes, I purchased them again. Saying goodbye to some additional audio equipment I have to supplement the cost :'( 

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #3,160 of 8,051
I have bought a pair, I am from the UK has anyone bought the first batch from the UK and how much was the import tax?

Thanks.

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #3,161 of 8,051
Curiously enough, I notice that upon doing some searching I cannot find anyone who gives impressions of what it sounds like with a combination of the Monolith M1060's and Dolby Headphone.

I used DH-2 a lot on my Fidelio X2's for Music, Movies and Games with excellent results, and found it much preferred to the non-DSP sound for everything.

I suspect I will be using the M1060's with Dolby Headphone as well, it'd be interesting to see how well they work with it, I assume since the 1060 is suppose to outpace the X2 in many regards, it'll take even better to Dolby Headphone than the X2 did.

Anybody have this combination that they can try or have already tried?
I know many people also give their impressions forgetting to mention they have the setting on as standard.

Otherwise time will tell. ^_^

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #3,162 of 8,051

​you might want to try this: http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/accessories/aluminum-trim-ring.html (these were for early HE400i/560 that had plastic mounting rings but they also worked on my HE400.

and use this: http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/earpad-mounting-rings.html

After peeling off the stock pads there is enough glue still attached to the frames that I think you could simply adhere any other pad you without issue.

The Audeze aftermarket ones come with some glue rings included that apply perfectly so you're good on that front (might even be overkill honestly) but if the idea is to pad roll frequently then I think the M1060 isn't the best headphone for that because of the hassle. Personally my idea was to simply set and forget. When the pads eventually wear out I'm just going to peel them off for fresh ones, probably also from Audeze because the fit is so good.

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #3,163 of 8,051
Exactly.  @DavidA those items only work for Hifiman headphones.  There are no attachment points on the M1060, it's a flush surface so adhesive is required.  Not a problem with the Audeze pads.  

Apr 25, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #3,165 of 8,051
  I am contemplating about buying right now. With shipping it's $364 tot he Netherlands. But knowing my country the tax will be around an extra 100 EURO...

Has anyone tried to ask them if they can do something to make the shipping to the EU a bit more.. smooth.. when it comes to import taxes?
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back