Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 24, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #3,032 of 8,051
They went in stock again for a few seconds, and was able to submit an order! Can't wait, I've been following these things for months now and just missed the Friday window by 15 mins.  Protip - if you need something else that qualifies for free shipping, it will discount the shipping for the headphones.  It was going to be $9.67 to ship the headphones.  I needed some 3d print filament which ships free above $50, and so it discounted the filament cost of the shipping and the headphones were only an extra $6 or so.  Not a huge savings but worth mentioning.  Planning on designing some 3d print parts for these 'phones.  Best of luck to everyone, hope a big wave comes in soon.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #3,034 of 8,051

I'm seeing "usually ships in 1-2 months" on the Amazon site.

Amazon temporarily dropped to $329 (ships from sold by amazon) and I ordered them through them originally.  This was probably a month ago.  They never came in stock on Amazon  and due to taxes the Amazon price is much higher, so I ordered direct from Monoprice.

I would keep trying today, Friday they had about an hour window where they were available, I'm guessing that will happen again sometime today.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #3,035 of 8,051
  They must be listing them for sale one/two at a time as they hit the warehouse so keep refreshing.

Wow. That's... somethin' else. -_-

I can't even get them on their website because they only have a limited list of destination countries on there. I thought they'd put some up on eBay as well like they did the first time, and then eBay's Global Shipping would send them pretty much anywhere.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #3,036 of 8,051
I ordered on Friday via Paypal and the charge was processed and funds was removed from my bank account so I am hoping they dont ask me to cancel and re-order using a different payment method. If everything is all good then I will be picking up the headphones today at their warehouse and hopefully they fixed some of the issues from the first batch, if not at least they is a 5 year warranty :).

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #3,037 of 8,051
  Don't order with Paypal, they cancelled my order I placed a few days ago and asked to re-order with Amazon Payments.
They must be listing them for sale one/two at a time as they hit the warehouse so keep refreshing.

I used PayPal and it went through fine. It says "Payment Received" on my order on Monoprice.com and the transaction is also posted on my credit card. Hopefully the issues with PayPal were isolated.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #3,038 of 8,051
I paid with PayPal, and they just cancelled my order I made on Friday as well. I chatted with customer service, and there's nothing they can do now that the order's been cancelled- I'll just have to hope I can snag them again whenever availability opens up. (hopefully today?) Ugh!

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3,039 of 8,051
  I paid with PayPal, and they just cancelled my order I made on Friday as well. I chatted with customer service, and there's nothing they can do now that the order's been cancelled- I'll just have to hope I can snag them again whenever availability opens up. (hopefully today?) Ugh!

Speak of the devil! They just went back in stock, and I ordered using Amazon Pay, as Monoprice suggested, this time. Hopefully no more cancellations!
EDIT: OUT OF STOCK AGAIN. Phew, that was fast. They really must be just trickling in all day- maybe it's just from all the cancelled orders? 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #3,040 of 8,051
I tried to pay with PayPal and just got an error page when returning to Monoprice, but that may have something to do with how they don't directly ship to Romania, because it failed for me with Amazon Pay as well, and that's what it gave as the reason.

So I'm basically SoL and have to wait for these to show up elsewhere, probably overpriced. :/

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #3,042 of 8,051
So ... you figure there are 100's or 1000's Headfi'ers waiting for these ??

I honestly doubt it. Most Head-Fi users are probably morally opposed to Monoprice for selling quality cables for a few dollars rather than a few thousand. They can't really be quality then, now can they?

It's also not a name brand that will impress common people when thrown around in workplace conversations.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #3,043 of 8,051
I honestly doubt it. Most Head-Fi users are probably morally opposed to Monoprice for selling quality cables for a few dollars rather than a few thousand. They can't really be quality then, now can they?

It's also not a name brand that will impress common people when thrown around in workplace conversations.

So 10's of Headfi'ers then ... :) 

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,044 of 8,051
My M1060s have shipped!!!! So stoked for these to arrive!!!! 
o2smile.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #3,045 of 8,051
Mines shipped too! ETA date 4/27! so excited 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back