Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 24, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #3,016 of 8,051
  So, April 24th in every timezone on the planet.
*crickets*

Impatient people are impatient.

As I type this, it's 5:45AM where they are located. Maybe wait until standard business hours before hitting the WhineButton(tm).

Also, I don't recall that they ever guaranteed that units would be available for purchase at the crack of dawn. It could be at ANY point today, even late afternoon. And even beyond that, the "E" in ETA stands for "estimated", meaning it could be tomorrow or even next week.

First world problems...

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #3,017 of 8,051
  As I type this, it's 5:45AM where they are located. Maybe wait until standard business hours before hitting the WhineButton(tm).

I looked at when the reports of the Mysterious Unannounced Batch started coming in on this thread two days ago, so my whining is well-founded, thank you very much. If they could pull that stunt at the crack of UTC midnight they can very well be expected to do the same for the twice-officially-announced restock.

First world problems...

Precisely the opposite: in the "first world" one wouldn't be so stressed out about a 300-400 dollar price difference, especially for something that performs like it costs 1000, but for me this is supposed to be an endgame can, way better than anything I've used (see my signature) or plan to ever own, and it makes a lot of difference whether I can get it for 300 vs. 400+ (to which I already have to add about another 100 just to get it to Europe and past customs).

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #3,018 of 8,051
  So, April 24th in every timezone on the planet.
*crickets*

I get the impression their ETA system is not very good. There is a disconnect between their warehouse and customer service. Unfortunately contacting them gives you little to no more insight than then daily changing ETA on the website. I have screenshots of four different ETA date changes on these headphones before I found it ridiculous and just stopped paying attention. Furthermore customer support cannot explain to me how the Notify Me system works either. Is it instant? Does it wait for a cron job @ some time during the day? It's not a really good user experience, IMHO. That all being said, this doesn't surprise me anymore. =) 

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #3,022 of 8,051
  Monoprice showed in stock around 9:30 est; now 15 minutes later, out of stock.

probably an error while updating the website, give it a couple of minutes and they'll be back

Ehh? I've had that page on a 1-minute auto-refresh all morning and not once has it gone out of "NOTIFY ME" status.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,027 of 8,051
Hmm, this sounds similar to what Zeos was talking about in his M560 review - one second it looked like he could buy it, the next it was unavailable again. It seems these problems aren't anything new for their website.

The availability on the 21st came around 4pm their local time.

Yeah, I didn't think to look at it like that but that is indeed what "UTC midnight" works out to. :D So they updated it toward the very end of their business day. Right now I think their business hours are just beginning in CA.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #3,028 of 8,051
Don't order with Paypal, they cancelled my order I placed a few days ago and asked to re-order with Amazon Payments.
They must be listing them for sale one/two at a time as they hit the warehouse so keep refreshing.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,029 of 8,051
Finally getting my Vegan pads, they are out for delivery today via Fedex; really excited !!! 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back