Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 22, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #2,976 of 8,051
  I just registered to tell you that I live in France and I bought it yesterday.
I paid 
364,63 USD including the delivery with UPS.​

To Sweden, that would add 25% VAT :frowning2:

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #2,977 of 8,051
I've contacted support enquiring into whether or not the new batch have issues rectified or not.

Hopefully hear positive news soon.

I called and spoke with a support rep.  He stated he "thought" that this latest batch had 3 changes: 1) a different finish on the cups (unclear how that would help anything) 2) a different cable and 3) some kind of improvement to the headband.  Take all of this with a grain of salt because he was not 100% sure.  Time will tell when folks start getting them in.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #2,978 of 8,051
I called and spoke with a support rep.  He stated he "thought" that this latest batch had 3 changes: 1) a different finish on the cups (unclear how that would help anything) 2) a different cable and 3) some kind of improvement to the headband.  Take all of this with a grain of salt because he was not 100% sure.  Time will tell when folks start getting them in.

A different finish can mean better wood, that doest dry out in climates other than its origin, or could mean the grills are not surgical grade razor blades anymore. Maybe both, either would improve the quality of the product, so it helps

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #2,982 of 8,051

Oh this is wonderful news, at-least we can be somewhat hopeful we're getting a better product.
Indeed we will see if it holds any fruit when they arrive and start being used.

Still keen to see what I get back from my contact.

Thanks for the input, appreciated heaps. :)

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #2,983 of 8,051
I'd rather be in the EU then not be able to afford my medicine in the USA. :p health > material pleasures

I don't pay for my medicine and health care my insurance company does which if not paid for by my employer is cheaper than the vat taxes and other taxes in the EU. Nothing is free you pay one way or another. It's just a matter of who chooses how your money is spent.

I have a replacement pair coming says will ship Monday. Hopefully this pair has the QC issues addressed.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,985 of 8,051
I would have potentially jumped on these again but decided to hold off to see if any of the issues actually got resolved. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back