Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Mar 2, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #1,321 of 8,051
  Its cool I don't take offense haha. You should see the hate mail I get every day. Its insane. Dozens of people a day telling me to kill myself. That's the youtube life!
Thanks for the support! : )

I was quite impressed with the quality of your presentation. Very nice and professional. BTW, I'm 3X's your age and I could care less about your ear lobe thingys! What matters is that you take the time to do this and you do it well!
beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #1,324 of 8,051
  My 1060s are arriving tomorrow and I'm like a kid at Christmas
I've got to stop checking the responses here every 15 minutes! 
basshead.gif

Same. Mine were supposed to arrive today but..they got delayed a day. Not a huge deal because my Schiit stack will be here tomorrow as well. They're about 50 minutes out now, so they should definitely be here tomorrow. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #1,325 of 8,051
ImpactAudiocables is out of the Custom Infinity Series with mmcx connectors at the moment.

I'm wanting them to make a 6 foot cable with a 1/4 plug but I'll have to wait I guess!

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #1,326 of 8,051
I have a serious question, guys, now that several of you have had some burn in time. I have the HE-400 but I have been eyeing the Monolith M1060 (yeah, I know I have to wait until April). How does the bass, specifically, between the two compare? Is this an upgrade? Side-grade? Just different? I have to EQ my HE-400 a bit to raise the bass to where I like it.

I love my bass and DT-990 Pro/DT-770/ATH-M50 all get me weak-kneed when it comes to bass but have other short comings that the planar sound of the HE-400 mostly addresses. So I was looking at the LCD-2 as an upgrade or possible end game option but the M1060 at 1/3 the cost is super tempting. Thoughts?

Tl;Dr Version: I have the HE-400. I love bass. Is the M1060 a good upgrade vs LCD-2?

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #1,327 of 8,051
I have a serious question, guys, now that several of you have had some burn in time. I have the HE-400 but I have been eyeing the Monolith M1060 (yeah, I know I have to wait until April). How does the bass, specifically, between the two compare? Is this an upgrade? Side-grade? Just different? I have to EQ my HE-400 a bit to raise the bass to where I like it.

I love my bass and DT-990 Pro/DT-770/ATH-M50 all get me weak-kneed when it comes to bass but have other short comings that the planar sound of the HE-400 mostly addresses. So I was looking at the LCD-2 as an upgrade or possible end game option but the M1060 at 1/3 the cost is super tempting. Thoughts?

Tl;Dr Version: I have the HE-400. I love bass. Is the M1060 a good upgrade vs LCD-2?

I have never heard the HE400 but I have an HE400i and HE400s.  I've always felt the HE400i/HE400s are somewhat lacking in the sub-bass department even though they are great sounding neutral and somewhat analytical headphones.  

In my opinion, the M1060 has much better bass presentation and is almost on par with the LCD-2.  I am pretty sure you will like the M1060 (especially for a third the cost of the LCD2).

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,328 of 8,051
I am just getting to burn mine in.... I have to say that this headphones are actually superior to the HE-400i for sure, The lows are amazing and mids and highs are just perfect for my liking's. Though they definitely lack build quality and quality control. Mine seem to be an open box...

Review coming up soon.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,329 of 8,051
Got my M1060 this afternoon and tried to compare them with my 499$ B Stock deal for LCD-2.

Some people claimed that these are killers for LCD-2. I differ with that. My LCD-2 also hardly used (no burning on both). LCD-2 comes on top of M1060 for vocal and details. M1060 got little more bass than LCD-2.

Initially I thought if M1060 is close to LCD-2, selling LCD-2. But it doesn't look like that.

Sending my M1060 back.

This is purely my impression and no one paid for this :grinning:

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #1,330 of 8,051
I have never heard the HE400 but I have an HE400i and HE400s.  I've always felt the HE400i/HE400s are somewhat lacking in the sub-bass department even though they are great sounding neutral and somewhat analytical headphones.  

In my opinion, the M1060 has much better bass presentation and is almost on par with the LCD-2.  I am pretty sure you will like the M1060 (especially for a third the cost of the LCD2).

Thank you. That is very helpful. I definitely will be placing an order as soon as they come back in stock.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #1,331 of 8,051
  Thanks I appreciate it : ) I do it because I love music so I see no reason to stop!

I'm 25 and is great to see young people throwing fresh air into this hobby. We both have still a long way to learn and improve, but just ignore all the hate. Throwing **** to someone who is a content creator just because you don't like it doesn't lead to any good. To all of you: Please support newcomers so they can keep growing and creating better and better content.

And of course, don't kill yourself.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #1,332 of 8,051
  Its cool I don't take offense haha. You should see the hate mail I get every day. Its insane. Dozens of people a day telling me to kill myself. That's the youtube life!
Thanks for the support! : )

What?? Seriously, too many people rely on the anonymity of the Internet so they can act like tools, and not fear my fist to their face. And I have the heavy fist of an old Army Supply Sergeant :p

I Subscribed to your channel something like 6 or 8 weeks ago, doing a great job! I'm also a Zeos fan, in which I seem to be in the minority here haha :p

I support both on Patreon, and highly suggest others do the same if you enjoy the content :)

*edit* P.S. And yes, I'm twice your age!
  ImpactAudiocables is out of the Custom Infinity Series with mmcx connectors at the moment.

I'm wanting them to make a 6 foot cable with a 1/4 plug but I'll have to wait I guess!

Ahh, mind providing a link? I can't find MMCX Infinity series in the store at all....

I'd be in the market for 8-ft Infinity series with XLR :)

Look at me......LCD leather-free pads already in hand, looking at purchasing XLR cable......and my M1060's don't even arrive until tomorrow!

I'm expecting M1060 to fall in 3rd place in my current collection....behind my Stax (my Neutral-ish standard) and my X00 PH (my current bass-heavy go to). 3rd place in my collection is still really screwing good, though.

Thou Shalt Not Infringe On The Superiority Of The Almighty Stax!! -Head-Fi Bible Chapter 3, Verse 18-

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #1,333 of 8,051
Hey all, 
New here.... kinda... used to have an account way back when but I kinda forgot it so just created a new one. I too jumped on the M1060 early and got mine Saturday morning. Got about 80 hours of break-in/aging before I started listening to it. Quite enjoy it. Actually I spent a while reading through most of the comments on this thread while listening to stuff on the m1060. Finally reached the end. I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents now too one small issue I have with mine. My wood is cracked. grrrr. No noticeable changes in sound quality but it's annoying to see this flaw every time I pick up my phones. Luckily, no cable or headband or sound issues on my pair.....yet. 

Since I'm too new and I can't post pictures yet, here is a link to the image of the crack if anyone is interested. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #1,334 of 8,051
Impact Audio Cables have taken the listing for the MMCX Infinity cable down due to high amount of request from M1060 owners. He is unsure whether it would work with the M1060 so he does not want them offer them until it has been proven to work 100%. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #1,335 of 8,051
Got my M1060 this afternoon and tried to compare them with my 499$ B Stock deal for LCD-2.

Some people claimed that these are killers for LCD-2. I differ with that. My LCD-2 also hardly used (no burning on both). LCD-2 comes on top of M1060 for vocal and details. M1060 got little more bass than LCD-2.

Initially I thought if M1060 is close to LCD-2, selling LCD-2. But it doesn't look like that.

Sending my M1060 back.

This is purely my impression and no one paid for this :grinning:

The LCD2s clearly are great headphones, maybe you just had your expectations set a little too high.  

I don't think anyone is saying that the M1060 are necessarily LCD-2 killers, just that they are similar sounding and cost a lot less money.  You got your LCD2s on a rare B-stock deal that is no longer available, so the $299 price is very attractive to many of us.

The M1060s are also lighter and more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time,  

On the other hand, the LCD-2s are better built, have nicer pads and come with a better carrying case.

They are both good headphones in their own right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back