Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 28, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #1,051 of 8,051
I think that it isn't right to switch it like that and expect people are not angry about it. Everyone who bought a pair did so under a different assumption, and expected them to have a 5 year warranty.

Although, on the other hand, that's virtually unheard of (half a decade of warranty on a headphone) but that's what it said...

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #1,052 of 8,051
Absolutely, I can't believe they had the nerve to change that after 500 people purchased the headphones. 

For all we know anyone who purchased with the specified 5 year warranty will still have it and future purchases will have a 1 year warranty. Has Monoprice actually responded yet?

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,053 of 8,051
This is the problem with people nowadays. Entitlement.

What the are you talking about?

This is not ENTITLEMENT. We all purchased a product under the assumption that the warranty was 5 years and now they switch it to one year on us. That is not entitlement. That is simply expecting what you were told when you purchased a product

How would you like it if you bought a car with a 10-year warranty and after you drove it off the lot they tell you the warranty has been changed to 3 years?

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #1,054 of 8,051
I emailed Monoprice and they haven't responded to me yet.

Again, I ask more people to contact Monoprice about this issue. Get an answer directly from the horse's mouth. Plus, I want to see how consistent Monoprice's reply is from person to person.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,055 of 8,051
What the are you talking about?

This is not ENTITLEMENT. We all purchased a product under the assumption that the warranty was 5 years and now they switch it to one year on us. That is not entitlement. That is simply expecting what you were told when you purchased a product

How would you like it if you bought a car with a 10-year warranty and after you drove it off the lot they tell you the warranty has been changed to 3 years?

Keep in mind the comment was directed at a single person who felt the need to insult me for making a suggestion. Anyone else getting pissed at me is doing so because they choose to interpret what I said as an attack against them which is not the case.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,056 of 8,051

Again, I ask more people to contact Monoprice about this issue. Get an answer directly from the horse's mouth. Plus, I want to see how consistent Monoprice's reply is from person to person.

This is exactly what you all should be doing for clarification. You all might still have a 5 year warranty. No clue of it's true but one can hope.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #1,057 of 8,051
The Magni 2 and Modi 2. Not the uber editions, just the basic ones. 

Awesome! Those are going to be a huge step up and should be able to drive most anything.
TBH, from what I've read, I don't feel comfortable replacing the glued-in pads on the M1060. (This is not, or primarily not, a cost issue; I am neither experienced nor good at this sort of thing). Therefore, how would you compare the M1060 with the stock pads  to the HE-400i? Would you consider it an upgrade?

I would take the M1060 over the HE-400i as it has a better frequency response and no nasty treble peaks. I'll post a measurement comparison in a bit. (I didnt get much head time with them so my thoughts are based on some brief song impressions and measurements.)

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #1,058 of 8,051
Anyone who has these, mind busting out some calipers and telling me what the thickness of the wood ring is? Im contemplating some ideas for replacement connectors and it looks like they've gone out of stock so may be a bit before I can get my hands on them.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,061 of 8,051

I e-mailed asking for clarification and to see if they intend to honor it.  I asked that they at least reimburse to and from shipping if someone is unsatisfied given the change in warranty period.  We shall see...

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,062 of 8,051
This is crazy. They must fulfill the 5 year for those of us who purchased prior to changing... Right?

I would certainly think so

Gotta agree. The most plausible situation I would assume is original purchasers get the 5 year warranty as originally advertised and any new purchases going forward is going to be 1 year.

At this point, we just have to wait from what they say.

Still, I would advise people to print out a copy of that 5 year warranty page. I can't fathom how convoluted it might get if you ever need to warranty them 3 years down the line and have to plead your case as being one of the rare "original buyers" who had a five year warranty instead of the one.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,063 of 8,051
  -snip-

Still, I would advise people to print out a copy of that 5 year warranty page. I can't fathom how convoluted it might get if you ever need to warranty them 3 years down the line and have to plead your case as being one of the rare "original buyers" who had a five year warranty instead of the one.

Anyone got a screenshot of the original product page with the 5-year warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back