Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli
Apr 4, 2018 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 624

ufospls2

Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 4, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 624
The Spark lives!!!

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 624
I'll be getting one as soon as it's available!

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 624
Cavalli had initially planned to launch this at $499 but then they closed shop.

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 624
Has this just been delayed?
Not a surprise, really. I just hope the LS and LP don't turn out to be vaporware again, like they did last time.

Sep 3, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 624
Anyone got any prototypes to play with?!
Seems like very few got protos of the Platinum, and initial impressions are being posted, but nothing for this little guy?! :frowning2:

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 624
Anyone got any prototypes to play with?!
Seems like very few got protos of the Platinum, and initial impressions are being posted, but nothing for this little guy?! :frowning2:

4867477E-A510-4061-90E6-D4783C9849E7.jpeg

You mean like this one? :wink:

I’m reviewing it, but if there’s is anything you want to ask, by all means, go ahead.

It’s hard not to talk about this amp without it sounding like hyperbole. Not going to mince words here though, this is the best sounding $99 amp I have ever heard. Not by a little bit either. By A LOT. I’ve heard every Cavalli amp from these last two generations, and while it’s not the most resolving or spacious or whatever of the bunch by any stretch of the imagination, it is, in my opinion, the most impressive. The fact that this amp sounds this good at $99 is downright laughable.

The Spark has real big boy amp bass, not tiny little amp bulls*** bass. It hits HARD. It also has that very special trademark Cavalli midrange presentation - very evocative... turns the music into an experience.

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #12 of 624

You mean like this one? :wink:

I’m reviewing it, but if there’s is anything you want to ask, by all means, go ahead.

It’s hard not to talk about this amp without it sounding like hyperbole. Not going to mince words here though, this is the best sounding $99 amp I have ever heard. Not by a little bit either. By A LOT. I’ve heard every Cavalli amp from these last two generations, and while it’s not the most resolving or spacious or whatever of the bunch by any stretch of the imagination, it is, in my opinion, the most impressive. The fact that this amp sounds this good at $99 is downright laughable.

The Spark has real big boy amp bass, not tiny little amp bulls*** bass. It hits HARD. It also has that very special trademark Cavalli midrange presentation - very evocative... turns the music into an experience.

Will you be able to review it side-by-side with the Schiit Magni 3? I'm assuming that will be it's biggest competitor. That and probably the Objective 2.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #13 of 624
Will you be able to review it side-by-side with the Schiit Magni 3? I'm assuming that will be it's biggest competitor. That and probably the Objective 2.
I’ll see if I can get ahold of a Magni 3. I have an O2 somewhere. It’s very clearly in another class relative to either one of those, especially in terms of the bass (light years ahead), the mids (much more musical) and the treble (more forgiving, like most higher end amps). Harder to compare things like soundstage, imaging, etc. w/o a head-to-head comparison though.

If someone wants to loan me one for a couple of days, PM me!

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #15 of 624
@Hansotek buddy, you got all the new toys!!! :angry: (could not find a green-with-jealousy face... but angry with jealousy would do...)
My favorite relatively inexpensive solid state is the Gilmore Lite Mk2 (granted it cost 4-5 times). Would love comparison to it, if you got one...
A comparison to Massdrop's LCX should be obvious IMHO (despite costing 2-3 times more), being a Cavalli SS design as well.
TBH, I do not need yet another amp, but for $100 if it's half as good as you portray it - I will get one (besides, since when "need" play any role in this hobby?!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back