1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ufospls2, Apr 4, 2018.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. heliosphann
    He already did a review of the Gilmore Lite MK2 http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0818/HeadAmp_Gilmore_Lite_Mk2_Amplifier_Review.htm

2. Zachik
  3. Hansotek
    I still have it. They are actually pretty complimentary of one another, as the Gilmore Lite is very neutral and solid state sounding and the Liquid Spark is more warm and tubey sounding.

4. Zachik
    Sigh. Guess I HAVE to buy the Liquid Spark now... Assuming Monoprice actually sell it during my life time... :angry:

5. tim0chan
    How is the gain? Low enough for use with iems?

6. XERO1
    059974259de4282da7119611d4784993.gif

Hansotek likes this.
  7. Zachik
    @Hansotek - Dave, I will definitely be looking forward to your full review and detailed comparisons to Gilmore Lite Mk2 (and others).
    From the photo, I guess I recognize Cascade being used? Which other cans have you tried it with? Do you have AEONs, HEXv2, and/or Ether Flow?

8. Hansotek
    Yes. I can run the notoriously sensitive Andromeda on it and background is only barely noticeable until you turn it way up (with no music playing). You can’t hear it with music playing until you’re at ear-splitting levels that you really should not be listening at. The Westone W60s are closer to normal sensitivity-wise and you can’t hear the background at all (even over silence) until you get to really unlistenable levels on the volume dial.

9. Hansotek
    Cascade, Atticus, Auteur, HD600, HD800, HE500, ÆON Flow Open, Andromeda, W60, Vega... I also heard the original portable version with the HE1000 on several occasions- this one sounds the same and has higher voltage rails, so it should be as good or better.

When I first heard it with the HE1000 at RMAF a couple of years ago, I was absolutely blown away. I told Alex it would be funny if he put the amp in a huge chassis and had people listen to it and then opened up the chassis to show this little tiny amplifier inside. It has a big, lively stage and big, full bass, which little amps never have, so it would definitely fool a lot of people.

Wildcatsare1 and tim0chan like this.
  10. Zachik
    Oh - forgot Atticus and HD600... Great, several of my favorite cans are listed, so your review should be very relevant for me!!!
    When do you expect to release the full review? I cannot wait... :wink:

11. Hansotek
    Hopefully the end of this month. Worst case, end of next month. I've got to get the Liquid Platinum review and the Cayin HA300 out the door, as well.

12. Hansotek
    Just purchased a Magni 3 for a more in-depth comparison, for those who were looking.

displayname, Rattle and bunkbail like this.
  13. XERO1
    Me too. Can’t wait for your ‘thoughts’. :sunglasses:

14. tim0chan
    Monoprice is seriously taking their time with this release

15. ZJee
    Id love to know how this guy plays with the auteur. I have an eikon id love love to use this with from time to time and i want to make sure id not be holding it back in any way by doing so. I already use my eikon through the amp of my M9XX and im plenty happy with it. I figure this is likely in a similar league but with a warmer tilt, though youre the one with the amp.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last