1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ufospls2, Apr 4, 2018.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. PlantsmanTX
    The distortion I experienced was something like a really bad PA system, and then some, LOL. Yes, I'm getting a replacement.

2. superfrognyc
    I bought both Monoprice Cavalli units the Liquid Spark and Liquid Platinum, they both sound wonderful that "Cavalli" sound is very addictive!
    Sadly after a couple of days, I started to have multiple problems with the Liquid Spark intermittently I have sometime mono sound, some noise/static with some files, and the unit just goes off and back on a few time. I have returned the unit to Amazon and I hope the new one will be trouble free.
    As for the Platinum, I just experienced sparks when I connected the power adapter to the unit I sincerely hope this is nothing :expressionless: I going to read more about this on Head-fi forum and see if there cause for concern.

So far the sound of both units is fabulous but the manufacturing from Monoprice might be a problem, we shall see.

PlantsmanTX likes this.
  3. Rattle
    Did you have the smps plugged in when you plugged the amp end into the amp ? Always make sure there's no power going through an smps when you plug it into the amp.

PlantsmanTX likes this.
  4. superfrognyc
    I'm not sure, but I might have done exactly that :frowning2:
    From now on I will make sure the smps is not plugged to the wall before I connect it to the Platinum.
    Thanks!

5. Rattle
    Your welcome, hope it's ok sorry if it's not. Browse this thread @runeight and @atomicbob have posted extensively on the do's and don'ts of the amp. Particularly when it comes to power and LPS situations.

6. superfrognyc
    I will, thanks again!

7. GearMe
    Hadn't really tried iems on this amp.

Listened to several different pairs -- UE900s, IE80, RHA-t20, 1More Triple, Sony XB90EX, Havi B3 Pro 1, Shure SE215, Nuforce Primo 8, Fiio EX-1, TFZ S2, etc...works very well with a variety of them from dynamic to hybrid to multi-BA.

Quite pleased with this little amp!

8. superfrognyc
    I like it too the new unit is on its way hopefully I won't have any problem with this one I really want to keep the Spark as my "portable" unit!

9. Sgt. Ear Ache
    Just pulled the plug on a Spark. Ordered from Amazon.ca for $165cdn all in. I had been looking at the Magni3 as well but it was going to cost me more than $200cdn. I plan to use my Fiio E10k as the dac in my little chain and I'll be driving my 400i's with it. I think the 400i's sound fantastic just from the E10k, but $165 canadian dollars is a small enough hit for me to check out what some real amping might do for them...

PlantsmanTX likes this.
  10. superfrognyc
    I had the 400i for a couple of days, loved the look and feel of the unit and the sound was clear and dynamic but too cold and sterile for me (not to mention it was fatiguing after a while)

11. Sgt. Ear Ache
    I don’t find them to be any of cold, sterile or fatiguing at all. They sound amazing afaic. But, to each his own! Lol...

12. superfrognyc
    Using Elex and LCD-X I found the 400i to be very revealing and powerful but at the end of the day, I still prefer the more mellow/darker sound from the Cavalli units (Spark and Platinum).
    To each his own indeed! :)

13. Sgt. Ear Ache
    Oh sorry, I'm talking about the HE-400i headphones...

14. superfrognyc
    LoL my bad I was talking about the Questyle 400i headphone amp/dac.

15. superfrognyc
    I have never tried hifiman headphone I was tempted by the Jade II system but I saw on youtube a bad review so not so sure anymore...

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26
Next

Last