Monoprice Monolith Desktop THX Amp/DAC (#24459) - Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #121 of 841
The Massdrop product does not contain a dac section.

THX engineers have been answering Questions bon the Monoprice site. So I figure they're deeply involved with the design of the Monoprice products. AKM certainly wouldn't be.

Maybe the THX modules don't play nice with the D/A chips. Maybe there's feedback or some other technical hurdle.

Every manufacturer has been dragging arse on these new products and THX is the common denominator.
Do you have evidence contradicting anything in the statement made by Monoprice regarding the reasons for its delays? It really sounds like a person projecting blame onto a company without much, if any, evidence.

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #124 of 841
Interesting. Does anyone know when Massdrop ships out their first batch of THX amps?
Last week. Some people already received them!

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #130 of 841
Still not up for sale despite today being November 5th. And the portable version has been pushed back to 12/12. :sob:

Monoprice please
Yeah, the documented availability on their website has been all over the place. Let's hope they did a better job designing and building it :)

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #131 of 841
Nov 5, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #132 of 841
Nov 5, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #133 of 841
Still not up for sale despite today being November 5th. And the portable version has been pushed back to 12/12. :sob:

Monoprice please
I just got a notice that the portable is now for sale and available... I checked the website and it is, while the desktop version is not...

A12/12 product available on 11/5. A 11/5 product not available on 11/5. All of this follows last week’s dates which appear to have been posted by a random date generator...

Monoprice is all over the map. This is nuts.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #134 of 841
My own expectations are extremely high. I was at the CanJam SoCal earlier this year, and the Monoprice representative said they'd improved upon the design, and theirs should be better than the other versions on the market. I can't remember his answer, but I do remember asking how that was possible as I thought that they weren't aloud to change the design (as it belong to THX). They sounded pretty confident, so I'm not going to hold back on any critism once the specs and the product finally come out. I canceled my own order of Massdrop's THX amp (because this seemed like more complete package), so I'm banking on this to be good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back