Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
Nov 1, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #241 of 273
Quote:
I picked up the 8323's a few weeks ago. I really like them. Probably going to add this headphone cable http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-GC17103-Auxiliary-Audio-Cable-3/dp/B003CK70VC/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t or this one http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-COILED-Stereo-accomodates-smartphone/dp/B007PE3FC4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Two questions.

These are closed back. Could someone suggest a similarly priced (or not much higher) open backed headphone of similar quality? Looking for that "soundstage" that keeps getting mentioned.

If one really likes this lower priced headphone, what would be a similar sounding but higher end headphone that would just completely blow this one away to neophyte ears?

The Beyerdynamic DT770 would probably blow these away.

If you want a budget soundstage phone check out the Superlux HD681.  It's also about as good value as the Mono's but has a different signature.

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #242 of 273
Quote:

I read somewhere that the plastic around 8323's connection may not fit cables with bulkier build?
83234.jpg

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #243 of 273
Quote:
I read somewhere that the plastic around 8323's connection may not fit cables with bulkier build?

I have tried quite a few different aftermarket cables and they have all worked fine with the 8323 connection.  If for some reason the connector was ridiculously wide, you may have a problem with the reset hole around the jack, but I have not come across this yet.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #247 of 273
Hi, nice review, which one is better for PC games between the monoprice and the panasonic RP-HTF600??? I want to, comfort, clear sound and reliability.

I prefer the CAL! and the samson SR850, but I have just $50 for expend. In advance, thanks.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #248 of 273
Quote:
Hi, nice review, which one is better for PC games between the monoprice and the panasonic RP-HTF600??? I want to, comfort, clear sound and reliability.

I prefer the CAL! and the samson SR850, but I have just $50 for expend. In advance, thanks.

by gaming do you mean competitive or single player/immersive gaming?

SR850 would be better for competitive, CAL! better for single player (still good for competitive if you want a closed phone though)

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #249 of 273
I have a pair of Monoprice 8323/839s and plan on changing to the Beyerdynamic  EDT 250 Velour Padded cushions because they look good and look comfortable. One reviewer gave instructions on how to get them on but there was one detail that bothered me. He said to take the hard plastic inserts and toss them because they are not needed. The inserts must serve some purpose! The cushions are on back order so I don't know whether they come with the replacements or are in the headphones now. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #250 of 273
How is the isolation compared to let's say Sennheiser hd-25? I was ready to buy Sennheiser hd-25 for occasional dj-use and home listening, but then I read about Monoprice 8323. They really seem to be great value for money and decent for dj use also. I've heard the isolation is quite good, but I'd like to know how it compares to other dj headphones? I'm looking for headphones with 1) good isolation 2) decent soundquality 3) good build quality. Isolation is most important feature for me. Sennheiser is great except for price. These cost 1/10 of the price of the Sennheisers, so I'm very tempted to buy and try these.

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #252 of 273
@Grandi- They isolate VERY well...I can actually blast them pretty loud and nobody hear anything sitting next to me in my college classes. Now External Isolation is pretty good... in the car if my dad is on the phone next to me, I can block out about 85% of the noise his voice produces...but my computer which is a constant low hum gets blocked out with music @ around 10%

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #253 of 273
Quote:
@Grandi- They isolate VERY well...I can actually blast them pretty loud and nobody hear anything sitting next to me in my college classes. Now External Isolation is pretty good... in the car if my dad is on the phone next to me, I can block out about 85% of the noise his voice produces...but my computer which is a constant low hum gets blocked out with music @ around 10%

Thanks for informtion blessedangel. I deciced to pull the trigger on hd 25, which is safe choice for me. Maybe I could get these for backup headphones in future. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #254 of 273
How do these compare to the Panasonic HTF600s? I'm looking for some cheapo headphones and these two are at the top of my list atm. Ah, nevermind. Ended up doing some research for what seemed like a very long time and decided to go with the Superlux HD668bs. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #255 of 273

Users who are viewing this thread

Back