Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #227 of 273
Just got these today, and put on the beyer dt-250 pads. I have to say, with only two hours of listening, they are pretty good for less than $45 with the pads.

Anyone have a good source for replacement cables? I ordered ones from monoprice, but the rubber around the connector is to large to plug into the headphone. I might shave it down a small bit, unless there is a better source for cables, then I will just return them.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #228 of 273
Quote:
Just got these today, and put on the beyer dt-250 pads. I have to say, with only two hours of listening, they are pretty good for less than $45 with the pads.
Anyone have a good source for replacement cables? I ordered ones from monoprice, but the rubber around the connector is to large to plug into the headphone. I might shave it down a small bit, unless there is a better source for cables, then I will just return them.

I did the same thing from monoprice, but as you have said, the connector around the cable is just too big. Someone please find a better cable solution!

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #230 of 273
Quote:
Anyone have the JVC HA-RX700's to compare these to?

I'm in the process of selling my HARX700s and they were indeed replaced by the 8323 headphone. I'm sticking with the monoprice for a couple reasons. First and foremost, comfort. While the RX700 is comfortable on the head, it tended to get quite warm for me during the summer months when I needed a closed headphone (girlfriend hated leaking sound). So I got the monoprice because I knew for the price they sounded nice and were compatible with DT250 velour pads. Second, sound. I feel the sound is less bass happy than my RX700 was (partially due to the velour) which allowed the mids and highs to show up a bit more. And I like clarity in my sound, so a nice balance across all areas was nice. Now don't get me wrong, the bass on the 8323 is most certainly present, I wouldn't say anything about them being bass light, and the setup works great for vocal trance music for me. Thirdly, I'm keeping them because they fold and I love to have them on the go with my laptop when I'm traveling. Toss them in a case I have and set off.

Quote:

Maybe check out the vmoda replacement cable? $12 for a cable only, $15-20 for an inline mic/ipod controls respectively.
http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #231 of 273
Quote:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9296&seq=1&format=2

T
hese just might work, and look fairly nice. There are 3ft, 6ft, and 10ft varieties.

edit = Oh, and don't forget inexpensive! 

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #235 of 273
i had the jvc's the monoprice's blow them out of the water in every regard, honestly the jvc's are decent for the price but they're crazy overrated (stock at least, this may change with modding where i think the hype around these probably truly lies) and you can get better even at the same price

the jvc's from memory had more bass but it was some muddy ass bass lol, it didnt uncongest until after like 100 hours of continuous burn in, it also had a decently sized soundstage but what the monoprice's have going for them is good and controlled bass and smooth forward mids (which i love) and rolled off highs (which i also like) 

if that sounds like a sound you'd like get the monoprice's (get new pads tho, the stock pads are garbage) or maybe look into the panasonic htf600's, i never heard them but they get alot of praise and they're in the same price range 

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #236 of 273
Does anybody know how difficult it is to take apart the headband at the main hinge? I'm wondering if I can cut some of the plastic away where the hinge stops swiveling outward. This would let the cups swing outward more and reduce how much the headband has to flex. Hopefully this would reduce the clamping force and make them more comfortable.

thanks

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #237 of 273
Can anyone with big ears and wears glasses comment on the comfort of these? I'm finding that clamping force and my glasses makes it difficult to find a comfortable fit.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #238 of 273
Quote:
Can anyone with big ears and wears glasses comment on the comfort of these? I'm finding that clamping force and my glasses makes it difficult to find a comfortable fit.

To remedy the clamping force try to stretch them with something that's slightly larger then your head and leave them there overnight. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #239 of 273
Big ears won't be a problem but they do clamp uncomfortably on my glasses, however I have that problem with other full sized headphones.

Clamping force is high at first and they don't seem very comfortable, but after wearing them for a few months the clamping force eases up and they have become very comfortable for me. (or you can try stretching them). They sound awesome.

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #240 of 273
I picked up the 8323's a few weeks ago. I really like them. Probably going to add this headphone cable http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-GC17103-Auxiliary-Audio-Cable-3/dp/B003CK70VC/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t or this one http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-COILED-Stereo-accomodates-smartphone/dp/B007PE3FC4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Two questions.

These are closed back. Could someone suggest a similarly priced (or not much higher) open backed headphone of similar quality? Looking for that "soundstage" that keeps getting mentioned.

If one really likes this lower priced headphone, what would be a similar sounding but higher end headphone that would just completely blow this one away to neophyte ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back