Monoprice Desktop Headphone Amplifier #11567
Jul 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #47 of 143
  Thanks, that was very helpful.  Now I have to decide if I go with the monoprice or shell out for the ODAC/O2 from JDS.  I'll read the article at innerfidelity.

Please get the Monoprice DAC/Amp, we could use some reviews on it.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #50 of 143
I've got an E07k. Would getting this dac/amp give me noticeable/significant improvement? (I know not many have it... But what about on specs alone? Willing to buy this to try out if there's a good chance of improvement in sound)

My 2 headphones are ATH-AD900X & Takstar Pro 80.

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #51 of 143
Please get the Monoprice DAC/Amp, we could use some reviews on it.

I'll give my impressions if I buy it, but I don't have nearly enough experience with amps to give a meaningful review or compare it to anything. I'm sure that whichever amp I buy will sound amazing to me since I've been powering my headphones straight from my soundcard until now.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #52 of 143
I've got an E07k. Would getting this dac/amp give me noticeable/significant improvement? (I know not many have it... But what about on specs alone? Willing to buy this to try out if there's a good chance of improvement in sound)

My 2 headphones are ATH-AD900X & Takstar Pro 80.

The 40-Ohm A900Xs would be better with the E07K's low impedance(1-Ohm) output.
The 60-Ohm Takstar Pro 80s should work well with the Monoprice DAC/amp, but maybe(?) not any better then working with the E07K.

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #53 of 143
I'm curious about this too.  If the amp is comparable to the E09k and it comes with a halfway decent DAC, it seems like a pretty good deal for the price.  I could see it being recommended in the MLE thread as a value all-arounder for gaming.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #54 of 143
  I'm curious about this too.  If the amp is comparable to the E09k and it comes with a halfway decent DAC, it seems like a pretty good deal for the price.  I could see it being recommended in the MLE thread as a value all-arounder for gaming.

It uses a USB input, so it bypasses sound card (on-board and add-on) features, so some FPS gaming might(?) not be as good, if the sound card is bypassed, but I'm just guessing.

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #55 of 143

It uses a USB input, so it bypasses sound card (on-board and add-on) features, so some FPS gaming might(?) not be as good, if the sound card is bypassed, but I'm just guessing.

It would be mostly for the amp (to dual amp the Mixamp or onboard sound), but give the bonus option for basically a free USB DAC if anyone wants to use it for music as well.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #56 of 143
  It would be mostly for the amp (to dual amp the Mixamp or onboard sound), but give the bonus option for basically a free USB DAC if anyone wants to use it for music as well.

Makes sense.

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #57 of 143
Edit: Deleted entire initial impressions because PurpleAngel felt the mentioning another site by name(and just to avoid confusion that I posted the comments in two places) was against the rules. Please forgive me for my transgressions PurpleAngel and headfi I will do my best to never post review or comments ever again. 

Jul 26, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #59 of 143
here's a good review:

http://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/28pae7/monoprice_desktop_amp_review/

One thing to note that is especially nice about this amp is the line out AND pre-amp out. Line out if you want it to be a DAC/pre-amp switch between digital and line in, and pre-amp out if you want to connect it to powered speakers and use the volume control on the monoprice amp. Up until now you had to spend quite a bit more to get that feature.  

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #60 of 143
Monoprice is having a sale this weekend, 12% off with coupon code MP12.

One of you guys that have been toying with getting it should buy it so you can tell me what it's like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back