Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Sep 11, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #496 of 1,015
Honestly, no. Without EQ it's a downgrade.
At $600 the M1570 does not match the value and sound of the now similarly priced HE6se V2. At $400, with EQ, it does make a compelling value option.
The HE6se @$600 is a bit of a blue moon price, or if you get lucky with an Open Box @ Hifiman.

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #497 of 1,015
Sep 11, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #498 of 1,015
Adorama is having some fire headphone sales in recent months. Like, it makes me wonder if they're trying to just empty their warehouse and get out of headphone sales or something.

Sep 12, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #499 of 1,015
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #501 of 1,015
isn't the problem with that is the fact that the headphones purchased have no warranty since it's not authorized by Hifiman? Also, with open box pricing at $639 @ Hifiman, doesn't this demonstrate just how much markup Hifiman is inflating the price?
They have the one year factory warranty.
I think HiFiman has a deal with Adorama as the only dealer for this line. So either Adorama sends a ton of models back or HiFiman uses the open box sale as a loophole to sell them.

Sep 12, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #502 of 1,015
Well bad news for myself. I had to unfortunately cancel my order for the M1570. I made my order on August 14th. Still no shipment due to no stock. Turns out restock will arrive on the 1st of November. Which means shipment may end up being mid November. That's way to long of a wait especially when paying $81USD for shipping because of DHL. Even though I would be getting the $399 deal for the M1570 I just can't wait that long. It's unfortunate but I'll still have my eyes on them. I'll be getting a refund and may go for another headphone or iem. So far my eyes are on the Austrian Audio HI-X65 or the Moondrop Variations. Most likely will go for the HI-X65. It's been getting alot of praise even one guy said it's comparable to a Focal Clear after eq. I may take shot and see how it goes.

Sep 12, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #503 of 1,015
Mine actually shipped on the 7th, should be here today or tomorrow. I've been hearing about some people getting what are obviously repacked returns. I'm crossing my fingers that I get a good one.

Sep 12, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #505 of 1,015
I'm glad mine shipped, if it got delayed I probably would've cancelled and got the HE6se V2 for another $200 I really shouldn't be spending on headphones, lol

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #506 of 1,015
OWW! I would have exploded. I ordered on the 12th, and it went OOS shortly after my order. Apparently mine shipped with the skin of teeth attached.
I was close...So much messing around. But it is what it is. They were helpful and kind so I give them that. Hopefully I get a reply tomorrow and can sort out a refund and I'll make an order for the X-65. Been reading heaps on them and they seem to be a big hit once eq has been set. Already got 3 people confirming technicalities is on par with the Focal Clear but the X-65 actually handles eq better and you can eq up the low end more. Making a more neautral yet musical listen.

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #507 of 1,015
Well bad news for myself. I had to unfortunately cancel my order for the M1570. I made my order on August 14th. Still no shipment due to no stock. Turns out restock will arrive on the 1st of November. Which means shipment may end up being mid November. That's way to long of a wait especially when paying $81USD for shipping because of DHL. Even though I would be getting the $399 deal for the M1570 I just can't wait that long. It's unfortunate but I'll still have my eyes on them. I'll be getting a refund and may go for another headphone or iem. So far my eyes are on the Austrian Audio HI-X65 or the Moondrop Variations. Most likely will go for the HI-X65. It's been getting alot of praise even one guy said it's comparable to a Focal Clear after eq. I may take shot and see how it goes.
Your order was placed on monoprice.com or eBay ? I see on eBay they offer for 399 USD and 43 USD shipping to AU + taxes.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #508 of 1,015
Your order was placed on monoprice.com or eBay ? I see on eBay they offer for 399 USD and 43 USD shipping to AU + taxes.
I placed it at Monoprice. I could try ebay but the ebay store is basically same store as Monoprice which they'd most likely grab it from the same warehouse which has no stock... So I'd rather move on and just go for something different

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #509 of 1,015
Up here in Canada I bought them on Amazon.ca. I got them for $529.00Cdn., which is pretty close to the $399.00US price. And shipping only took a few days.

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #510 of 1,015
I placed it at Monoprice. I could try ebay but the ebay store is basically same store as Monoprice which they'd most likely grab it from the same warehouse which has no stock... So I'd rather move on and just go for something different
I think the best way is to get them from eBay. All sellers and shops have to play with eBay rules - quick shipping and if I'm right there is no option to get fees back for canceled orders at eBay.com. In my opinion these things puts eBay customers in the first line to process. Ordering from direct shop of monoprice can take forever. @Shane D case shows how they process over big wholesalers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back