Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Sep 7, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #466 of 1,015
FYI, M1570 are still on sale on Ebay / Walmart.com \o/

this has to be the longest that they've been on sale. Not complaining. :M1570smile:

EDIT: Just wanted to say that they still wow me.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #468 of 1,015
I originally went with the M1070 around when they came out during a sale. I did like them quite a bit, as I was a fan of the M1060 and M1060c. I kind of wish I was able to get the M1570 instead at ~$400 last year. It's a great value/performer that now has to share time with the HE6se V2 and GL2000.
Don't feel too bad. I paid $450 a piece for my first two M1570. They were worth every cent.

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #470 of 1,015
https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/elite

Got $4000 burning a hole in your pocket? Then perhaps these new planars from Meze will help with that. :D
I was looking at these. While I liked the original Empyrean but felt not worth the price tag and personally would take the M1570 over it. I hear they improved the fr and technicalities of this one. I am curious to hear them and do love how they look 😁

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #471 of 1,015
Do we want to start a betting pool on when the people that recently ordered their M1570s will start getting shipment notifications and deliveries? I feel like I'm waiting for my Argons all over again, lol

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #473 of 1,015
Sep 8, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #474 of 1,015
Do we want to start a betting pool on when the people that recently ordered their M1570s will start getting shipment notifications and deliveries? I feel like I'm waiting for my Argons all over again, lol
I had to wait 11 days before I got tracking info from their Kentucky warehouse. I also remember they went out of stock, tho the Ebay site and monoprice.com still list them as In Stock. IIRC the replenishment was to come Sept 6.

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #475 of 1,015
OMG OMG OMG.. it arrived!!!!

Looks like this is from my last Walmart order. Monoprice said the shipment was lost, and issued a refund, and asked me to place the order again, which I did a few days ago.

I just talked to Walmart, and they will talk to Monoprice and see If I can keep this one, and they just don't ship the new order (I will still be charged, but new order will point to the old delivery) . They said one other scenario is I will get the new one , and have to ship this one back.

I am hoping monoprice says, sorry for the 3 week delay, you can keep both the units!

First impressions( with the leather pads):

1. Fairly comfortable - My large head loves it, and the earpads fit nicer than Sundara. I do feel the pinch on top, but it's minor. I definitely feel the weight after a while. The clamp is actually good, and the headphones don't fall over when turning
2. Sound is a lot more enveloping and fuller. I can see what you guys meant by a much larger body of sound
3. Bass is heavenly!!!!!!!!
4. Not a night and day difference over Sundara, but definite improvements in bass, wider soundstage, more "3d" sound, need more A/B testing.
5. Build quality is pretty good , seems sturdier than Sundara.

Have to listen to it longer, but at $399, I will likely keep this over Sundara unless the weight becomes an issue for extended listening. Will share more feedback as I continue using these.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #476 of 1,015
OMG OMG OMG.. it arrived!!!!

Looks like this is from my last Walmart order. Monoprice said the shipment was lost, and issued a refund, and asked me to place the order again, which I did a few days ago.

I just talked to Walmart, and they will talk to Monoprice and see If I can keep this one, and they just don't ship the new order (I will still be charged, but new order will point to the old delivery) . They said one other scenario is I will get the new one , and have to ship this one back.

I am hoping monoprice says, sorry for the 3 week delay, you can keep both the units!

First impressions( with the leather pads):

1. Fairly comfortable - My large head loves it, and the earpads fit nicer than Sundara. I do feel the pinch on top, but it's minor. I definitely feel the weight after a while. The clamp is actually good, and the headphones don't fall over when turning
2. Sound is a lot more enveloping and fuller. I can see what you guys meant by a much larger body of sound
3. Bass is heavenly!!!!!!!!
4. Not a night and day difference over Sundara, but definite improvements in bass, wider soundstage, more "3d" sound, need more A/B testing.
5. Build quality is pretty good , seems sturdier than Sundara.

Have to listen to it longer, but at $399, I will likely keep this over Sundara unless the weight becomes an issue for extended listening. Will share more feedback as I continue using these.
If you would like to try it, here's my current EQ for the M1570:

Filter: ON LSC Fc 105 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q 0.71
Filter: ON PK Fc 1100 Hz Gain -2.2 dB Q 2
Filter: ON HSC Fc 1300 Hz Gain 7 dB Q 0.71
Filter: ON PK Fc 3050 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 5000 Hz Gain -3.6 dB Q 4
Filter: ON PK Fc 8100 Hz Gain -3.4 dB Q 6
Filter: ON HSC Fc 10000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 0.71
Preamp: -2.2 dB

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #477 of 1,015
Ordered mine on the 14th of August... and still waiting. Last night I emailed them if there's any update with stocks and when to expect shipment.

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #478 of 1,015
Decided to buy these wipes to maintain the headband and pads of my headphones. (I have Dekoni Hybrids on the DT-1990 which have lambskin, and the M1070 and M1570 have lambskin cups, and my Sonys have leather cups)
Standard handcream is well enough - I use it for real leather maintenance in shoes, headbands, earpads, and my hands of course :D

OMG OMG OMG.. it arrived!!!! ...
I'm glad you like them "from the first look" :) Hope your neck will get a good training with them and they will be acceptable for long sessions after some time as they are worth that discomfort.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #479 of 1,015
If you would like to try it, here's my current EQ for the M1570:

Filter: ON LSC Fc 105 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q 0.71
Filter: ON PK Fc 1100 Hz Gain -2.2 dB Q 2
Filter: ON HSC Fc 1300 Hz Gain 7 dB Q 0.71
Filter: ON PK Fc 3050 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 5000 Hz Gain -3.6 dB Q 4
Filter: ON PK Fc 8100 Hz Gain -3.4 dB Q 6
Filter: ON HSC Fc 10000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 0.71
Preamp: -2.2 dB

Thank you! I usually just import EQ settings from AutoEQ to peace, I have to figure out how to manually setup the EQ.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #480 of 1,015
Thank you so much everyone for pushing me to get these! I would have truly missed out on something special. After 7+ hours of listening, these are spectacular. There is something in their presentation which is making music come alive. I loved the Sundaras, but if I go back to them after listening to these, the Sundaras sound almost clinical.
Everything just blends so well on the M1570.

I will be sending the Sundaras back, and keeping my M1570s.

Will start playing around with EQ and the Velour pads soon and see what changes in the presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back