Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Mar 9, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #211 of 1,015
Ended up getting sick/having work emergencies the last few weekends. So I haven't been able to work it yet. Sorry about that. I will update when I have the chance.
Only just came back to check the thread. I didn't get email updates for some reason. Hope you are well again.
No hurry. I bought one of those adaptors with a short cable as a temporary solution a couple weeks ago.

Mar 27, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #212 of 1,015
still cannot find any real concise reviews and listened to a sound demo seem like they are bass heavy but the FR graph says the have like none.... I am thinking of getting these if they are a notch or two below LCD-2C/X territory... any owners have comments? Would really love opinions by former owners also

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #213 of 1,015
still cannot find any real concise reviews and listened to a sound demo seem like they are bass heavy but the FR graph says the have like none.... I am thinking of getting these if they are a notch or two below LCD-2C/X territory... any owners have comments? Would really love opinions by former owners also
I owned the LCD-X a few years ago, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But from memory the M1570 is really close to the LCD-X in terms of sound. The LCD-X is more comfortable due to better weight distribution.

In my opinion. If you can get it for the sales price of ~$400 it totally blows everything out of the water price/performance wise except the Koss ESP-95X; which is a completely different kind of sound.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #214 of 1,015
I owned the LCD-X a few years ago, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But from memory the M1570 is really close to the LCD-X in terms of sound. The LCD-X is more comfortable due to better weight distribution.

In my opinion. If you can get it for the sales price of ~$400 it totally blows everything out of the water price/performance wise except the Koss ESP-95X; which is a completely different kind of sound.
Damn.. thanks I missed a nice priced one still picked up $135 M570 tho

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #217 of 1,015

The M1570 is dark and warm whereas the Koss esp/95x is mid boosted. Which one is better for vocals would you say?

Apr 6, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #219 of 1,015
Has anyone had the chance of comparing them to the Hifman Sundara and the Beyerdynamic DT1990?
Well after the fact but I have both and will do this.... I will say having just got the M570 that I already prefer it over the Sundara is basically every aspect except natural presentation (which is why I am keeping it) but IMO the M570 is a better deal so I assume the M1570 Blows it away, vs the DT1990 it's a very different timbre but not as technically capable so we will see where the M1570 lands.

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #221 of 1,015
just tried the removed outer padding mod, I always hate comparing mods that take 15 minutes to do but yeah I can feel the sub bass is less rolled off, feels more open, maybe too open, it becomes more airy like the Sundara and loses it's weight... it's not bad I enjoyed it but I feel like it lost something else I also liked.... Still not the level of transparency the Sundara gets but it's basically a better Sundara with a extra nudge of Bass and oodles of Detail and Resolution on tap and a wider soundstage (better imaging as well) I can see liking it both ways honestly if I could have the extra sub bass and the weight it had with the outerpadding that would be my choice but I prioritize that extra Sub bass so I guess if I had to choose between this and the LCD-2 Fazor I might prefer that OR this I think the M1570 is close to the amount of bass I want in mid bass and lower mids but needs a slight mid-bass bump and a decent subbass bump. If I ever get around to the LCD-2 fazor I will see if I prefer that or maybe it's too much but I certainly think buying it is out of the questions....

The headphones are not endgame per-se but at the price of $300(OB) to $400 with discount and coupon they make you OK with not having endgame headphones.... I mean you have to look at the future and if more headphones that are this good value come out I daresay within the next 5 years a good number of even $2000 sets will have stiff competition in the around $500 price. I think the M1570 at the current price is the best under $500 I have heard among mine and a handful of others touted as contenders.

Just read this comment "These things sound phenomenal. However, they do require a burn in period. Out of the box, there was no bass. But after a day or two, it audibly sounded much better. I ran pink noise through it." will comment if I feel the same

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #222 of 1,015
Can someone please comment ASAP if they have had this issue I am contacting Monoprice about it and I want to have any upper hand I can get negotiating with them. So one of my cops the pin to hold it in is lose. So literally between the cup material, the buffer, and the metal cup holder as well as the flat part of the pin that should be able to hold it all tight I there is enough of a gap for all those pieces to have small gaps in them... for whatever reason the measurement by whoever made the pin it just wasn't tight enough meaning I get a slight rattle with bass and it makes weird noises or if I press on the pin it makes a grinding metal noise and just feels unstable..... It was a huge issue getting it sent out in the first place but this is pretty unacceptable at anything over $200 if you have had a problem like this or problems with the ear cups metals or pin assembly or loose tolerances please post ASAP to help me get the best resolution for my case.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #223 of 1,015
The M1570 is dark and warm whereas the Koss esp/95x is mid boosted. Which one is better for vocals would you say?
I'd say the Koss are better for vocals. It's more of a mid centric headphone. Basically the electrostatic version of the Sennheiser HD 650/6XX in my opinion as far as sound signature is concerned.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #224 of 1,015
Can someone please comment ASAP if they have had this issue I am contacting Monoprice about it and I want to have any upper hand I can get negotiating with them. So one of my cops the pin to hold it in is lose. So literally between the cup material, the buffer, and the metal cup holder as well as the flat part of the pin that should be able to hold it all tight I there is enough of a gap for all those pieces to have small gaps in them... for whatever reason the measurement by whoever made the pin it just wasn't tight enough meaning I get a slight rattle with bass and it makes weird noises or if I press on the pin it makes a grinding metal noise and just feels unstable..... It was a huge issue getting it sent out in the first place but this is pretty unacceptable at anything over $200 if you have had a problem like this or problems with the ear cups metals or pin assembly or loose tolerances please post ASAP to help me get the best resolution for my case.
Yeah I'd try to get a warranty repair on that one.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #225 of 1,015
just tried the removed outer padding mod, I always hate comparing mods that take 15 minutes to do but yeah I can feel the sub bass is less rolled off, feels more open, maybe too open, it becomes more airy like the Sundara and loses it's weight... it's not bad I enjoyed it but I feel like it lost something else I also liked.... Still not the level of transparency the Sundara gets but it's basically a better Sundara with a extra nudge of Bass and oodles of Detail and Resolution on tap and a wider soundstage (better imaging as well) I can see liking it both ways honestly if I could have the extra sub bass and the weight it had with the outerpadding that would be my choice but I prioritize that extra Sub bass so I guess if I had to choose between this and the LCD-2 Fazor I might prefer that OR this I think the M1570 is close to the amount of bass I want in mid bass and lower mids but needs a slight mid-bass bump and a decent subbass bump. If I ever get around to the LCD-2 fazor I will see if I prefer that or maybe it's too much but I certainly think buying it is out of the questions....

The headphones are not endgame per-se but at the price of $300(OB) to $400 with discount and coupon they make you OK with not having endgame headphones.... I mean you have to look at the future and if more headphones that are this good value come out I daresay within the next 5 years a good number of even $2000 sets will have stiff competition in the around $500 price. I think the M1570 at the current price is the best under $500 I have heard among mine and a handful of others touted as contenders.

Just read this comment "These things sound phenomenal. However, they do require a burn in period. Out of the box, there was no bass. But after a day or two, it audibly sounded much better. I ran pink noise through it." will comment if I feel the same
I basically put it through a few days of burn in immediately before I tried it so I can't speak to a change in sound sig from burnin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back