Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Feb 16, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #196 of 1,015
Hi Jotaku, how is your re-wiring going? I'm really quite eager to see how it goes. I'm still deciding on the cables options. Would really be great to see your tutorials before deciding. (By the way I'm only using the m1570s with Mojo at the moment so I really only need a good shorter cable with a 3.5mm jack.)

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #197 of 1,015
After weeks of usage, I should say 1570 is really good. I did a lot of back and forward comparison with Senn 650 and I think they are both good (1070 was definitely sub par in comparison to 1570) and Senn 650 sounds very different than 1570. 1570 sound more open, I guess this is what is called "soundstage" as I can hear more range. Rendering of basses really good 1570 and beats 650. I found myself reaching to 1570 while I am listening with 650 as I miss that "open" feeling. But now I am having neck and shoulder pain :) I pretty much listen to music all day long so that extra weight is taxing. Beware of the weight if you are a long hauler like I am.

I should say though, at the end of the day, the winner is Westone W80. I also got them recently and they are amazing, I can hear all the instruments and vocals clearly, it feels like I am in the room with the musicians and I can hear each sound source but not a recording. I don't think 1570 is anywhere close to that.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #198 of 1,015
Hi Jotaku, how is your re-wiring going? I'm really quite eager to see how it goes. I'm still deciding on the cables options. Would really be great to see your tutorials before deciding. (By the way I'm only using the m1570s with Mojo at the moment so I really only need a good shorter cable with a 3.5mm jack.)
Ended up getting sick/having work emergencies the last few weekends. So I haven't been able to work it yet. Sorry about that. I will update when I have the chance.

Feb 18, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #201 of 1,015
i would just like to know the difference between the M1570 and the verum one.i have the verums which has a slight emphasis in the treble and i'm interested in the M1570 if it is rounder...
Same, I just wanted to know how they sound. I scrolled through all 14 pages. That's 10 minutes of my life I will never get back

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #202 of 1,015
Same, I just wanted to know how they sound. I scrolled through all 14 pages. That's 10 minutes of my life I will never get back
It only took you 10 minutes? You guys must be speed readers!

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #206 of 1,015
I’d say they sit between Audeze and Hifiman in terms of sound signature. They don’t have quite the same slam and rich creaminess of Audeze, but they have better treble extension, but they’re not thin/bright/anemic like the Hifiman house sound, and don’t sound ‘far away’.

I’ll add the caveat that my impressions are with EQ as I found them somewhat disappointing without it, but they sound amazing with it.

If you’re not going to EQ the velour pads are the best bet - they’re mid-centric with those with sub-bass roll off, but they avoid the midrange dip that you get with the leather pads without EQ.

With EQ the leather pads dog deep into the sub bass and have a nice well rounded FR going up with plenty of bite and intensity.

Compared to the LCD-X, both EQ’d, the LCD-X is the better headphone, but it’s not multiple-times-the-price better.

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #207 of 1,015
I’d say they sit between Audeze and Hifiman in terms of sound signature. They don’t have quite the same slam and rich creaminess of Audeze, but they have better treble extension, but they’re not thin/bright/anemic like the Hifiman house sound, and don’t sound ‘far away’.

I’ll add the caveat that my impressions are with EQ as I found them somewhat disappointing without it, but they sound amazing with it.

If you’re not going to EQ the velour pads are the best bet - they’re mid-centric with those with sub-bass roll off, but they avoid the midrange dip that you get with the leather pads without EQ.

With EQ the leather pads dog deep into the sub bass and have a nice well rounded FR going up with plenty of bite and intensity.

Compared to the LCD-X, both EQ’d, the LCD-X is the better headphone, but it’s not multiple-times-the-price better.
Thank you very much. I will definitely pick it up if it drops to 400 again, at 600 do you think it's a bargain?

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #208 of 1,015
Thank you very much. I will definitely pick it up if it drops to 400 again, at 600 do you think it's a bargain?

i bought them the day they were released at full price and I think they’re a good value at that amount in terms of sound quality. Build quality isn’t wonderful, and the $399 deal is an amazing one when they offer it.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #209 of 1,015
i bought them the day they were released at full price and I think they’re a good value at that amount in terms of sound quality. Build quality isn’t wonderful, and the $399 deal is an amazing one when they offer it.
thanks. Enjoy your m1570. I'll be stuck with the koss porta pro and sivga sv004 for the time being then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back