Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
Apr 29, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #437 of 1,409
if you can do that , yes. i sold my m1060 even if i loved it because it created a hot spot on the top of my head and it was unbereable after one hour. i'd like to try the 1060c but i'm afraid since it is even heavier...

It's heavy and the headband is crappy, I'd have to modify the Audeze one as the yokes have a piece that sticks out. It probably would be better.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #438 of 1,409
It's heavy and the headband is crappy, I'd have to modify the Audeze one as the yokes have a piece that sticks out. It probably would be better.

I'd be interested in a new headband or even just a mod to prevent the cups from free spinning. I nicked one of my earcups by picking it up by the top of the headband because they just randomly free spin and the cups or pads randomly hit each other. Hopefully they do actually make an improved headband, though I would have to say the headband would probably be the last thing to break if you dropped a pair of these. I've been semi babying these because I'm pretty confident the wood will just shatter under the weight of these headphones if dropped, I'm used to abusable headphones.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #439 of 1,409
Hi All

I have an audeze leather headband with yoke and all the screws (everything) I have used a dremmel to take off the Audeze guides. I am going to touch it up with matte hobby paint.

If anyone is interested please pm me.

May 1, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #440 of 1,409
Can someone comment on this one versus the Aeon Flow C? Thanks.

May 1, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #442 of 1,409
why did you retire m1060 if i can ask..?

Because in the open space, there are better alternatives out there. My favorite currently is the Clear. Yes there are better ones, like the Utopia, but for me does not justify another 2500 USD on top of the Clear's price. I agree the m1060 has a good price performance ratio, but I was looking for something better, even if more expensive.

In the closed space, I think it's a different story. I have not found a closed headphone that I REALLY liked yet, no matter what price. Too veiled and bath-tub like (Sony Z7 & Z1R), too bass light (AFC) or too V-shaped (all the Denon / Fostex variants, and they are not even completely closed). Not tried the LCD XC yet, but from what I read, I probably do not like the Audeze sound signature. Had my hopes up for the HD820 and that it would be more balanced than the HD800s and not as thin, but first impression of other head-fiers crushed those hopes.

In a nutshell, right now, I like the AFC in spite of the light bass. Trebles and mids are brilliant, and the tonality is almost perfect (except for the light bass). However, I would trade in some of the brilliance in the upper registers for some more bass punch. Hence the interest in the m1060c.

May 1, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #444 of 1,409
Looking at possibly getting a M1060C....

Also, I guess I am one of the only people that does not have an issue with the M1060 headband. I added a knit headband sock from Amazon and have no issue wearing it for long periods....

May 1, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #445 of 1,409
Aeon Flow C is $800, M1060c is $330

Sure. Still woth comparing. Price does not always indicate performance. 800 USD Aeon C is better than 1600 USD Ether C probably....

May 1, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #446 of 1,409
Looking at possibly getting a M1060C....

Also, I guess I am one of the only people that does not have an issue with the M1060 headband. I added a knit headband sock from Amazon and have no issue wearing it for long periods....

can you link me the item you bought for the headband please? :)

however m1060 is better than or at least as good as any other planar under 1000e i tried easily.
to me aeon open is what aeon c should have been.

May 1, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #447 of 1,409

Users who are viewing this thread

Back