MoeDawg is recovering like a champ!
Nov 9, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #46 of 92
Hope you had a safe journey back to the US. Get well soon buddy!

Many thanks to @Stillhart, @jude and all the other amazing headfi folks for rallying around Moe like this.

@moedawg140

Glad to see your getting better.
some folks rallied and other folks got crazy with the cheeze whiz.
Venture Electronics threw $950 in funds.

I play in the combat sports. If I had a gofundme you could drive the donaters to it to a thank you party.... in a 2 seater car..... with 1 empty seat:wink: LOL

I hear you are good with little white balls. I'm a natural. get well. Someday we meet here in Japan, find a table and i crush you into dust and blow the ashes into the crowd of over aged geeks.

Day by day. Get weller, sooner :)

Nov 10, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #48 of 92
@moedawg140

Glad to see your getting better.
some folks rallied and other folks got crazy with the cheeze whiz.
Venture Electronics threw $950 in funds.

I play in the combat sports. If I had a gofundme you could drive the donaters to it to a thank you party.... in a 2 seater car..... with 1 empty seat:wink: LOL

I hear you are good with little white balls. I'm a natural. get well. Someday we meet here in Japan, find a table and i crush you into dust and blow the ashes into the crowd of over aged geeks.

Day by day. Get weller, sooner :)
Haha, thanks? Should be a fun time!
@moedawg140 Sending prayers your way for a full recovery. I know you have the grit to do it because you're a wrestler.

Thanks for the kind words, my friend. The overall goal is to get better to wrestle at next year’s worlds. Learning coordination basic things like walking, ping pong and teaching PE are my short-term goals. San Pedro is said to be one of the top 1-2% rehabs in the world, so I’m down to go at it with full effort!

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #49 of 92
You got this, Moe!

So good to have you back.

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #50 of 92
You got this, Moe!

So good to have you back.

Thanks brother, much love to you, and looking forward to seeing you at a festive big event! ❤️

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #51 of 92
We don't know each other, Moe, but I did donate, and I'm glad to see you pulled-through.

Continuing to send you sincere best wishes for a full recovery, in due course.

Go get 'em!!
cheers beerchug EMOTICON.gif

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #52 of 92
We don't know each other, Moe, but I did donate, and I'm glad to see you pulled-through.

Continuing to send you sincere best wishes for a full recovery, in due course.

Go get 'em!!
Hey Mython,

Thank you and others for the generosity, it is very much appreciated. So far, rehabilitation has been going well; working on mobility and cognition at a facility in Long Beach. It’s been fun to play with toys as well, since I just received an iPhone X 256GB (pretty fast, but getting over quirks like the battery percentage doesn’t show) and should be getting a Nintendo Switch for Christmas. Daily yoga, push-ups, walking as much as I can, playing the brain exercise application lumosity and staying positive as well as optimistic about the future has been instrumental in my recovery, in my opinion. All in all, I’m super blessed just to be alive. Happy Holidays to you!

Here is my originally updated Facebook post, for those interested:

Thanksgiving, and every day, are days to truly give thanks. Sorry, this was supposed to be sent at Thanksgiving- now we are a couple of weeks away from Christmas. I would like to say thanks: to my amazing wife who has been with me since leaving for Holland and Bulgaria. She helped me take a taxi to two hospitals, where they were able to find my aneurism and rare tumor. United World Wrestling United States team captain Mark Goldman as well as the International SOS team assisted transport from Bulgaria to Frankfurt, Germany via Leer jet (small ambulance jet). The doctors were very intelligent and performed the craniotomy (removal of benign tumor) and subsequent ventriculostomy (drainage of my central nervous fluid) admirably. Post op days were a bit difficult as mobility was a challenge, and ran into what I thought was a seizure, but wound up being more of a post-op episode. I am thankful to my mother for flying to Germany to see me every day until I left back to the states, thanks to Justin Hall for coming to rehab a bunch of times and drove me around in the sweet Charger, James Thomas with family for bringing Thanksgiving dinner to us, the friends for coming to see me in the rehabilitation centers, the hospital and rehabilitation staff for being some of the best workers in the world, thanks to the staff and students from Seaside Elementary (a school in Torrance where I taught/teach PE) for the beautifully created get well cards, thanks to the contributors to gofundme who helped me to not only attend the World Championships but helped immensely with regards to vital medical services, thanks to the pastor and congregation for giving me a personal tribute for being a miracle at this year’s concert at First Holy Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Los Angeles. I thank God each day that I am alive. Be grateful for your family, friends and health, and continue to pursue your own version of excellence. Love you all!

C50893C4-1D3E-43F0-A1A1-1CBB433F9349.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #54 of 92
Beautiful passage, thank you, my friend.

3 John 2, King James Version (for those who haven’t read the Bible) :

“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #56 of 92
Extremely glad to see you're doing better @moedawg140 . I prayed that you would make a full and speedy recovery.
Thanks for the comment, really appreciated! I’m not at the home stretch yet (that would be getting back into driving, wrestling and teaching) but I do have a scheduled MRI with contrast this morning. I pray there will be no bleed inside.

Happy Holidays!

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #57 of 92
Really good to hear you are on the mend Moe. I met you once at London CanJam and hope to see you at another one day. Sounds like you are not out of the woods yet. Stay strong. Love from London.

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #58 of 92
Really good to hear you are on the mend Moe. I met you once at London CanJam and hope to see you at another one day. Sounds like you are not out of the woods yet. Stay strong. Love from London.
Hey @krismusic, it was very nice to meet you in London - I remember when we met!

I’m definitely not out of the woods yet, as I am not medically cleared to fly, drive or work yet, but I am happy with regards to the mobility and cognitive progress that I have made at the rehabilitation centers and as each day goes on. I was asked by a friend’s brother today if I can go back to wrestling; I’m not going to go fully into it for a while, but it was nice to “pummel” with an Occupational Therapist for a bit last week! I taught a PE class to the participants last week, and I’m looking forward to teaching a bit more tomorrow! This morning my wife and I walked (with slight jogging) from Hermosa to Manhattan Beach piers (around 6 miles) and will be grateful to play Just Dance 2018 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the family, hopefully today.

We want to not only make a return trip to CanJam London later this year, but also a return trip to the hospital in Frankfurt to personally give our thanks to the doctors, surgeons and staff there.

P.S. The MRI with contrast (longest scan in my life, took over an hour!) did not find any cranial bleeding, thank GOD.

Much love, and looking forward to seeing you and others there!

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #59 of 92
Fantastic news about the scan. The planned visit too! I'll try and make sure I get to CanJam18. Happy New Year to you and your family. It must have been such a worrying time for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back