MoeDawg is recovering like a champ!
Nov 6, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #17 of 92
@moedawg140 take care , the worst is behind you now

cheers

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #18 of 92
Nov 6, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #19 of 92
Hey family,

Firstly I’d like to say thanks to @Stillhart for the original post and for the Head-Fi team for pinning it at the top, I’m very appreciative for your efforts!

Everything was great in Denver during RMAF, but when I got to Bulgaria to wrestle at the world championships, that was when things started to go downhill. The very first night wasn’t fun as the food wasn’t tasty and losing weight for the meet hurt me more than anything else. I developed a severe headache and vomited all night and morning. The MRT/CT scan found a bleed in my brain with a rare tumor that needed to be taken out of my brain. My hearing was gone and I may have needed a spinal tap during the surgery as well. Surgery went wonderfully, but post op days weren’t the best. A few days after during hanging out in a cafe at the Frankfurt Hospital I experienced my first seizure. I blacked out and it scared the crud out of my mom, wife and I. Hopefully I won’t be having those in the future! For me, I’m literally starting from the beginning it seems. I’m moving, walking and taking time with everything so far. TMI - It’s even nice to be able to use a diaper these days! Happy I’m finally back to my underwear! I’m going to be leaving for the states on Wednesday and will start rehabilitation just south of where I live in a couple of days. Happy to be able to get my luggage back at some point, and make sure that Ingrid will get well from her sickness. I’ll be doing PT, OT, work on walking, ping pong, strength training, wrestling, and hopefully get back to teaching the kids in the near future!

It brings me to tears thinking about the amount of love and support you all have brought to my family. I’m forever indebted to you all for your kindness. Hope to see you all at the next big event!

With Love,
Maurice

Much love Moe. Glad to hear you are heading in the right direction to a full recovery. I've had brain trauma before and know the recovery will not be over for a while, keep fighting!

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #20 of 92
Glad to see you being able to write(and quite well).
Take it slow and dont push yourself...listen to your body man!

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #21 of 92
Hey family,

Firstly I’d like to say thanks to @Stillhart for the original post and for the Head-Fi team for pinning it at the top, I’m very appreciative for your efforts!

Everything was great in Denver during RMAF, but when I got to Bulgaria to wrestle at the world championships, that was when things started to go downhill. The very first night wasn’t fun as the food wasn’t tasty and losing weight for the meet hurt me more than anything else. I developed a severe headache and vomited all night and morning. The MRT/CT scan found a bleed in my brain with a rare tumor that needed to be taken out of my brain. My hearing was gone and I may have needed a spinal tap during the surgery as well. Surgery went wonderfully, but post op days weren’t the best. A few days after during hanging out in a cafe at the Frankfurt Hospital I experienced my first seizure. I blacked out and it scared the crud out of my mom, wife and I. Hopefully I won’t be having those in the future! For me, I’m literally starting from the beginning it seems. I’m moving, walking and taking time with everything so far. TMI - It’s even nice to be able to use a diaper these days! Happy I’m finally back to my underwear! I’m going to be leaving for the states on Wednesday and will start rehabilitation just south of where I live in a couple of days. Happy to be able to get my luggage back at some point, and make sure that Ingrid will get well from her sickness. I’ll be doing PT, OT, work on walking, ping pong, strength training, wrestling, and hopefully get back to teaching the kids in the near future!

It brings me to tears thinking about the amount of love and support you all have brought to my family. I’m forever indebted to you all for your kindness. Hope to see you all at the next big event!

With Love,
Maurice
Welcome back, buddy! Glad things are getting better for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery during PT/OT.

Nov 7, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #23 of 92
Thanks family - I’ve got a looooong way to go!

Much love!
Great to see you are able to post and find some distraction on Head-fi! It might still be a long way, but take small steps and keep your end goal in sight. As long as you keep progressing towards that, no matter how small the gains, you'll get there in the end. All the best to you and your family!

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #24 of 92
Hey fam,
Here is the most recent update, posted by my wife on Facebook last night:

Update on Maurice Washington November 5-7, 2017: Hi Fam, Moe is gaining strength each day, he has been walking each day for more than a hundred feet. He is also putting his socks and shoes on by himself! The picture below is with Dr. Aguilar, she admitted Moe when we arrived from Bulgaria and treated him in ICU and she explained to me in great detail what they were going to do as they planned his surgery and afterwards. She also took care of him in the Neuro ward. We are so grateful for everyone here at Klinikum Frankfurt Höchst Hospital. We are awaiting our flight for Wednesday morning. Family, thank you for all the love that you have given us. The journey has been incredibly hard and would have been more difficult without the love and support you have given us. Please pray for our safe journey home. We love you. #MoeStrong ❤️❤️❤️❤️
949D3F21-7CC9-458E-A65F-992F64A44426.jpeg

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #25 of 92
Very glad to hear from you again @moedawg140. We may not have met but your absence here has been truly felt.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #26 of 92
Nov 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #28 of 92
Safe journey!
The food from senator class was extra tasty (shout out to the buffet scrambled eggs and pancakes) and the first class flight went beautifully. Now, gonna be transported to my rehabilitation facility. This is all happening so fast! Whew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back