Mods for Triports?
Jan 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

yuyu224

New Head-Fier
I've had my Bose triports(yea i know) for a bit over a year now, and i've been craving for an upgrade. I'm thinking of getting a new pair of cans this summer, but until then i'm stuck with these. I tried taking out the foam that existed over the driver and the ear and noticed a significant change. The amount of sound definitely increased, and everything sounds less muddled. (However, i have noticed that after a certain point, the highs get louder then the rest of the music. The s's and the i sounds also have started to hurt my ears more at loud volume. but this might be due to the specific song) So my question is are there anymore mods for my triports? Would drilling holes in the back increase ventilation and thus increase SQ? thanks for your help. 

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 10
To be honest, I'm not sure how many people actually have Bose modding experience haha. The general consensus is to just get a new pair of headphones o_O. Sorry man, I wish I could help you. Maybe someone else has ideas.

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #5 of 10
I'd also recommend selling the Triports and buying something else. I don't think it's possible to mod them into something worth listening to. Whatever you like about Triports can be found in a higher-quality headphone.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 10
have you herd of the trash can mod?

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #7 of 10
The best mod I know of is when you take out the drivers and enjoy the silence™-upgrade over the garbage sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back