Mods for SR-009
Jul 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #166 of 170
Found your mod earlier in this thread. Great job. Unfortunately that appears well beyond my abilities.

As I said, after figuring out the size brackets I needed and getting my local metal engineer to do them for me, I found the rest to be very easy.
I was taking a risk in doing what I did but now I know my 009's work with this headband, I couldn't be happier with how my 009's look and feel, and there's no change in the SQ.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #167 of 170
Since I posted photos of myself wearing my 009's with the then headband, I've been making slight changes. The last one I did was to put Black Neoprene foam rubber on the inside of the headband which can be seen in two of the photos.

My headband is now complete so I'll just enjoy listening to my 009's now.

Aug 2, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #168 of 170
Ooooh, replacement parts for the SR-009 by 3D printing sounds like an awesome idea
biggrin.gif

Thankfully mine are not broken yet, but I dread the day those plastic bits start coming apart
frown.gif

Keep us posted
smily_headphones1.gif

There you go : http://www.3dhubs.com/3dprint 
beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #170 of 170
Let's bump this thread a bit :)
I know that headband on 009 doesn't look good and it is prone to cracks so i was thinking about something similar to MrSpeakers's memory wire. That probably will improve the comfort and certainly will last much longer.
Any thoughts?
[Before this rumour gets out of hand across multiple threads] I've only seen one case of cracks and/or broken headband and that wasn't clear if it was owner (ab)use. I've had my SR-009 for over 5.5 years and absolutely no issues with the headband.

Are you referring the headpad itself? That one does/can wear out with lots of headphone use. I've swapped out my headpad once in that 5.5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back