Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #361 of 3,042
I will buy a MS Surface Go for the task if you make a video. :)
I Can confirm Jupiter T2 sounds Very good awesome staging Great work again! and good reverb! dough its a little bit loud for my crappy gear! lol trebble sounds refined and very elegant I think sony should had released this one as 3.02. something important its that it doesent sounds weird its sounds as stock sony FW but refined Jupiter T1 sounded Even better I guess iem sensibilty is really important
Just make a 50gb windows partition with boot camp

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #362 of 3,042
Is it cheaper to buy the 1Z from your country?
Generally all Sony products are made in malaysia and are somewhat cheaper here compared to anywhere else.

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #363 of 3,042
I've changed my WM1Z and one of my WM1A's to Region Code J. Both are running the appropriate Jupiter Tier 2 and they sound AMAZING !!!! with the Campfire Solaris SE and DHC Clone Silver Balanced cable.

The sound between them is very close but the 1Z still comes out ahead on overall sound. As I get time, I'll test and compare the other versions to see what I like best on each player.

I also have another WM1A that is stock that I can compare Region J and all the firmwares against it. But that will be the last thing I do after building all the macOS versions of the installers.

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #364 of 3,042
Doing this right now to my 1Z. Changed region to J and using the Jupiter Tier 2 fw. If it blows my mind, I will do the same thing to my DMP.

Just curious @Whitigir, which fw is the best for the DMP according to you? Jupiter Tier 2 as well?

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #365 of 3,042
Doing this right now to my 1Z. Changed region to J and using the Jupiter Tier 2 fw. If it blows my mind, I will do the same thing to my DMP.

Just curious @Whitigir, which fw is the best for the DMP according to you? Jupiter Tier 2 as well?
these firmwares are not designed for the DMP. This is for WM1A/Z only.

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #367 of 3,042
these firmwares are not designed for the DMP. This is for WM1A/Z only.

Ahh my bad. So the only option for the DMP is just to change region to J right?

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #369 of 3,042
I've changed my WM1Z and one of my WM1A's to Region Code J. Both are running the appropriate Jupiter Tier 2 and they sound AMAZING !!!! with the Campfire Solaris SE and DHC Clone Silver Balanced cable.

The sound between them is very close but the 1Z still comes out ahead on overall sound. As I get time, I'll test and compare the other versions to see what I like best on each player.

I also have another WM1A that is stock that I can compare Region J and all the firmwares against it. But that will be the last thing I do after building all the macOS versions of the installers.
pelase keep post on that im interested

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #370 of 3,042
To be honest, I was initially not convinced how firmware changes will affect the sound. I a/bed Jupiter T2 and Mercury T2 and was quite convinced by the changes. Sticking to jupiter for the time being

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #371 of 3,042
Mercury = Original
Jupiter = Musical
Mars = Fun

So he is on Jupiter tier 2 :wink: which is right on the spot

So Mercury, Jupiter and Mars are just repackaged versions of the previous Original, Musical and Fun ?

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #372 of 3,042
So Mercury, Jupiter and Mars are just repackaged versions of the previous Original, Musical and Fun ?
My exact thoughts. So fun would be mars which tier? Musical would be Jupiter which tier? Original would be mercury which tier?

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #373 of 3,042
Just to inform that Mars T2 Universal folder for WM1A contain Ma3AU.exe instead of Ma2AU.exe. Thanks.

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #374 of 3,042
Original musical and fun are the prototypes for Mercury Jupiter and Mars, somewhere between T1 or T2. They have the same fundamentals but the latter are more polished and divided into tiers

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #375 of 3,042
Just to inform that Mars T2 Universal folder for WM1A contain Ma3AU.exe instead of Ma2AU.exe. Thanks.
That was a typo. fixed it now. It indeed contains T2 without mistake. THX for pointing it out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back