Modify a Go-Dap 3?
Jun 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #61 of 78
I have a Go-Dap 3 and was wondering if there's any way to mod this thing to attach a DAC on it since it runs current through the 30 pin port (to charge the Phone). Could we do some fancy cable tricks and cut the case to attach an external DAC inline with the amplifer circuit to get an interesting portable rig for cheap? Anyone attempted this besides TekeRugBurn? I would prefer a DAC that doesn't need a USB line to function and just takes from the iPhone, but any modding ideas are appreciated since I'm pretty bored with my Go Dap at this point. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #62 of 78
If you use the iPhone 5 or Touch 5th gen with the Lightning to 30 pin adapter then you are all set, as the adapter itself has a Wolfson DAC inside.  As far as other DAC for iDevice goes, I haven't heard of anything that is just DAC only from the 30 pin line out.

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #64 of 78
Quote:
If you use the iPhone 5 or Touch 5th gen with the Lightning to 30 pin adapter then you are all set, as the adapter itself has a Wolfson DAC inside.  As far as other DAC for iDevice goes, I haven't heard of anything that is just DAC only from the 30 pin line out.

I actually have an old iPhone 3GS I'm using for this set up so no adapters here for me. I'm actually really liking the clearity the Go DAP provides over the normal 3.5mm. Is there a recommended way to boost bass/mids/highs on this set up? I'm guessing the only real way is just through the equalizers apps within the iPhone itself? No hardware can really be added to this, right? 

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #65 of 78
You DO know that it uses the 30 pin line out, and if you use the 3.5mm then it will be double amping right?

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #66 of 78
Quote:
You DO know that it uses the 30 pin line out, and if you use the 3.5mm then it will be double amping right?

Yes of course. I was just looking at ways to get even more sound quality out of this. To be honest, I'm slightly unsure why so many people use this for non-high impedance IEMs since I can barely hear the difference amped or unamped. With full size cans, it becomes very very noticeable. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #67 of 78
IEMs sound ranges AMP differently so it is a uniform boost, so even for low-impedance ones you can hear the difference.  Think of it as EQ-ing with hardware instead of with apps.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #68 of 78
http://www.miniinthebox.com/nl/30pin-man-naar-vrouw-verlengkabel-voor-iphone-4-4s-3g-3gs-de-nieuwe-ipad-en-ipods-20cm_p326017.html#description

Will this transmit audio? Which cable are you using?

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #69 of 78
Quote:
http://www.miniinthebox.com/nl/30pin-man-naar-vrouw-verlengkabel-voor-iphone-4-4s-3g-3gs-de-nieuwe-ipad-en-ipods-20cm_p326017.html#description

Will this transmit audio? Which cable are you using?

It will, as any 30 pin extensions will work.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #70 of 78
Thought so too...but these are chinese made items. They can make anything unwork in the course of getting things cheaper.
Found comments on dealerextreme that suggest some of the cables sold are only data cable.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #71 of 78
I ordered one off amazon. Going to try it with a iPhone 5 and a lightning 30 pin adapter. I will post pics and results.

Does anyone know of a 30PIN <--> Lightning connector "CABLE" with the wolfson DAC

I like to connect it to my IPAD 

What about android phones  is there a micro USB to 30 pin that would work ?

TIA

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #72 of 78
  Does anyone know of a 30PIN <--> Lightning connector "CABLE" with the wolfson DAC

I like to connect it to my IPAD 

What about android phones  is there a micro USB to 30 pin that would work ?

TIA

I think your best bet for those would be to just add a line in stereo jack to the go-dap and then find line outs for the ipad/android phone

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #73 of 78
I dont have a Mini USB to Micro USB to try 

I was wondering since its communicating with the PC via USB 
Would this amp able to receive signal from the USB from my Samsung galaxy III (USB out port)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back