Modi multibit
Jun 16, 2019 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chapekja

New Head-Fier
I have the modi multibit with toslink and I'm curious about what is the best sample quality to choose for this DAC?

I know it has the comboburrito filter, is this something I should try and bypass by upsampling?

If anyone has knowledge as to the best frequency to feed the modi multibit let me know!

Jun 17, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 6
I know it has the comboburrito filter, is this something I should try and bypass by upsampling?
You paid for it, would seem like an absolute waste if you'd try and bypass it.

Just use the rate of your source. Probably either 44Khz for most music and 48Khz for most movies. If your player does WASAPI or ASIO direct, it will automatically use the source rate anyway :)

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 6
I was unsure if the filter introduced am distortion.

I'm using foobar/WASAPI

I can alter the frequency by changing the DSP settings but I may just go back to 44 (some of my files are 96 though)

What about the bit rate. I'm using 24 now because I can but I have 16 available and don't know which is better or if one even is better?

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 6
I was unsure if the filter introduced am distortion.

I'm using foobar/WASAPI

I can alter the frequency by changing the DSP settings but I may just go back to 44 (some of my files are 96 though)

What about the bit rate. I'm using 24 now because I can but I have 16 available and don't know which is better or if one even is better?
24 gets dithered down to 16-bit. Modi multibit can only process 16-bit in reality.
So both settings, should have same 16-bit sound. I don't think it matters.

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 6
For the digital filter to be bypassed try a sample rate of 176.4 or 192. I couldnt find exact information about the modi multibit
What’s this about a non-oversampling (NOS) mode?
For 176.4kHz and 192kHz input sample rates, Bifrost Multibit passes the music right along—no digital filter, no oversampling. Have fun! Upsample lower-rate music with another algorithm, and compare to our “comboburrito” filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back