Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #332 of 1,323
5 weeks? I must be looking at the wrong place as it still shows 9-10 weeks here:
https://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3/zimu3wz0oyxlavnprki2jovso6c31v

I'm 9 weeks and 2 days (not that I'm counting :laughing:) into my Argon wait although when i ordered the wait was scheduled to be 10-12 weeks.

In the world of next day and same day delivery this is excruciating (yeah, first world problems I know) but hopefully worth the wait based on the reviews. Fingers crossed the ifi micro BL will do them justice!

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #333 of 1,323
5 weeks? I must be looking at the wrong place as it still shows 9-10 weeks here:
https://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3/zimu3wz0oyxlavnprki2jovso6c31v

I'm 9 weeks and 2 days (not that I'm counting :laughing:) into my Argon wait although when i ordered the wait was scheduled to be 10-12 weeks.

In the world of next day and same day delivery this is excruciating (yeah, first world problems I know) but hopefully worth the wait based on the reviews. Fingers crossed the ifi micro BL will do them justice!
No, seems that lead time is different for the MK3 and MK2 that I had sent to ModHouse.
https://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon/argon

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #334 of 1,323
@HiFiRebel - did you get your Argons yet? And most important question for me - have you tried to power them with the X6? My situation with Emotiva stuff is even worse, literally there is no s/h stuff in Poland.
Nope. I'm close to two months into waiting and still not heard anything back yet, but same as above it stated 10-12 weeks when I was ordering.

I will try Argons with X6 and report back, but I bought the Emotiva BasX A-100 amp specifically for Argons, so I will use this combo mostly.

I found a place in UK stocking the A-100 and even got a nice discount when contacted them, so it is worth to have a look at brand new units too (and try your luck).

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #335 of 1,323
Nope. I'm close to two months into waiting and still not heard anything back yet, but same as above it stated 10-12 weeks when I was ordering.

I will try Argons with X6 and report back, but I bought the Emotiva BasX A-100 amp specifically for Argons, so I will use this combo mostly.

I found a place in UK stocking the A-100 and even got a nice discount when contacted them, so it is worth to have a look at brand new units too (and try your luck).

Cool. I'm aware from reading your posts that you have Emotiva, but I'd appreciate the report on X6 experience as well.

Would you mind PM me the place name / contact details, please? I might contact them myself, my cousin travels between UK and Poland few times a year.
Thanks

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #336 of 1,323
Cool. I'm aware from reading your posts that you have Emotiva, but I'd appreciate the report on X6 experience as well.

Would you mind PM me the place name / contact details, please? I might contact them myself, my cousin travels between UK and Poland few times a year.
Thanks
Sure, I'll send you the PM in few minutes, but they price on their website went up from 299 to 399 since then. Looks like I was quite lucky.

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #337 of 1,323
I finally bit the bullet and decided to send my Massdrop T-X0 in to get the Argon treatment. Just got my order confirmation email, but no address was provided for where to send my headphones. Will Ryan at Mod House send me their shipping address soon after placing the order? I’d like to get them in the mail today if possible.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #339 of 1,323
I finally bit the bullet and decided to send my Massdrop T-X0 in to get the Argon treatment. Just got my order confirmation email, but no address was provided for where to send my headphones. Will Ryan at Mod House send me their shipping address soon after placing the order? I’d like to get them in the mail today if possible.
I had the same issue. I pm'd you the address.

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #340 of 1,323
They emailed me this afternoon, but I appreciate the help!

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #341 of 1,323
Have there been many comparisons between the Argon MK2 and Argon MK3? I wonder how similar they are after the modifications. I assume very few people have both, especially at the same time. The fact that Ryan suggests different pads depending on whether you start with an MK2 or MK3 leads me to believe there must be differences. I opted for the Lambskins on my T-X0 since these are technically MK2's.

Dec 23, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #342 of 1,323
Have there been many comparisons between the Argon MK2 and Argon MK3?

When asked, Ryan said that the Mk2 has slightly more bass, and more treble with a slightly wider soundstage. But I'd love to be able to see some measurements. I've measured my own pair of Mk3 against itself with pads mounted in the baffle vs Mk2 style (over cup) and the treble certainly goes up, but the low and dropped a little. So I assume driver difference plays a bigger part for the low end, where pad mounting type assists the treble detail.

Dec 23, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #344 of 1,323
OK guys. I have been considering trading my Schiit Jotunheim for a Massdrop THX AAA 789. Do you think the 789 can power the Argon MK3's similarly to the Jotunheim? Balanced power output looks close, but the 789 has just a bit less juice. So far, I have been satisfied with the Argons > Jot, but wanted to check out a different amp sound... Last thing I will say that makes me think I should keep the Jot is the fact that it can act as a pre-amp. Anyways, thanks in advance!

Looking at mine, single-ended normal listening level is at gain 2 with the volume knob at 12:00. So still plenty of headroom

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #345 of 1,323
When you get the e-mail that your Argons have been shipped:

giphy.gif

Finally I can stop checking my e-mails on a far-too-regular basis :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back