Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Aug 22, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #1,081 of 1,326
Oh, the SINGXER is on Drop for $539. I thought you meant the iCan Pro, I nearly shat. lol
No, the Pro iCAN is no more. But I am sure there will be a replacement model soon. And that will likely be even more expensive. :ksc75smile:

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,082 of 1,326
If they release a replacement model, maybe the used market will get flooded with the current one by people upgrading and prices will drop. :fingers_crossed:

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #1,083 of 1,326
As I've been getting to know my Argon, one thing that I've noticed is that they're just a liiiiiiiittle bit sibilant. I find myself having to EQ -2.5db or -3db out of the 10khz range with most music. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #1,084 of 1,326
I love the sound of my new acquired Argon 3 and it's perfect sounding headphone. One negative and that's they are the only headphone that get warm and make the area around my ears sweet. No sibilance so possible tamed treble with high hats sound comfortable. It is nice that the driver is small but doesn't sound small.

Im listening on my Wells Audio Dragon lvl3 with 1 amp of current power not sure about but the amp is only rated at 5 watts. It was made for 1266 and Susvara.
https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/11538616.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,085 of 1,326
I got my single-ended T50RP Argon last month, and just last night I placed an order for a Singxer SA-1 balanced amp, so I'd like to send my Argon back in for the balanced conversion. I've already placed an order for the balaned upgrade on the Modhouse website. Should I expect an e-mail telling me where to send the headphone, or should I just send it to the return address on the box my Argon was delivered in?

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #1,086 of 1,326
I got my single-ended T50RP Argon last month, and just last night I placed an order for a Singxer SA-1 balanced amp, so I'd like to send my Argon back in for the balanced conversion. I've already placed an order for the balaned upgrade on the Modhouse website. Should I expect an e-mail telling me where to send the headphone, or should I just send it to the return address on the box my Argon was delivered in?
My first question is, "How long will you have to wait?"

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #1,087 of 1,326
Well, they're not taking orders for new Argons at the moment, but you can still place an order to modify an existing SE Argon to balanced. So I'm hoping that means that, if you supply them an already completed SE Argon, the balanced conversion doesn't take much time or materials at all.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,088 of 1,326
Can't answer your question but just wanted to say good move. When you were asking about solid state amps to pair with the Argons I was going to reply to covert your Argon to balanced at that time. I think you are really going to like running the Argons balanced with the Liquid Platinum you already have. No worries should sound great with the Singxer also. You'll have some great options.

Aug 31, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #1,089 of 1,326
After a very long wait, thanks Schiit :wink:, I am finally able to give the Modhouse T60RP a good listen.

No EQ

W10 PC > Tidal > Daft Punk > Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 > Balanced Hart Audio Cables > ZMF Oval Suede Pads > Modhouse T60RP

I believe I have reached the next level of consciousness.

I will go further in depth about my experience once I climb my way back from oblivion.
1630435454122.png

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #1,090 of 1,326
So I have three t50 units argon 2 and 3 then Smeggy Thunderpants. I guess the 2 is my favorite my two has the T-XO. All three units bought 2nd hand. Smeggy Thunderpants(I love saying that to strangers) are in first place with the Argon MK 2 T-X0. I think the MK sound less lively in away.

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,091 of 1,326
The Argon 2 needs to be sent in I get more thunder in the bass on one side so possibly tuning is off on the left side. The right just slams with vibrations of sub frequencies somewhat like car subs.

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,092 of 1,326
So I have three t50 units argon 2 and 3 then Smeggy Thunderpants. I guess the 2 is my favorite my two has the T-XO. All three units bought 2nd hand. Smeggy Thunderpants(I love saying that to strangers) are in first place with the Argon MK 2 T-X0. I think the MK sound less lively in away.
I agree 100% of your assessment. The Argon MK2 have better mids and vocals than Argon MK3 ( owned both and sold them). I do not have the Smeggy Thunderpants, but lucky enough to have 2 pairs of Vibro-Labs that i built myself using MK2's drivers. They sound awesome and i prefer them over my ZMF Auteur and Aeolus.

Attachments

• 0820201308.jpg
    0820201308.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 13, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #1,093 of 1,326
I fixed my bass issue there was too much poly fill in the one side. Now guy before me must of have been playing around I doubt Ryan would have made that mistake. So I need to play around with the fill until I hit the sweat spot.

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,094 of 1,326
I agree 100% of your assessment. The Argon MK2 have better mids and vocals than Argon MK3 ( owned both and sold them). I do not have the Smeggy Thunderpants, but lucky enough to have 2 pairs of Vibro-Labs that i built myself using MK2's drivers. They sound awesome and i prefer them over my ZMF Auteur and Aeolus.
Those are beautiful and I'm jealous not to have those in my collection. Well I didn't like ZMF house sound for Zachs T50RP mods I use to own two of them and was blah. The modhouse and Smeggy are the only ones I love. The Dan Clark units have no interest as I don't like his tuning for his own headphones. Too bad the Smeggy guy did what he did could have been another headphone company but I guess his head wasn't in the game.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #1,095 of 1,326
I'm going to buy this polly fill that's actually made for speaker enclosures. I need to trick the planar that the cups are bigger then they are. I'm picking up few % moe on the left side and I'm going to make the Argon 3 balance myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back