Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Jan 12, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #376 of 1,323
Anyone ever gone with a custom OIDIO Sound cable? They seem to be very similar in quality to the Impact Audio cables I got for my HD700 and M1060, meaning really exceptional quality. I would love to go with another custom Impact Audio cable... but unfortunately they seem to not be making cables at all any more. Thinking of trying out the Sapid series from OIDIO for the TX0RPs:

https://oidiosound.co.uk/sapid-tx0rp.html

They also have the Pellucid series:

https://oidiosound.co.uk/pellucid-tx0rp.html

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #377 of 1,323
Just got the Argons yesterday and had a Sapid series from Oidio ready:

IMG_20190112_090558.jpg

Will try and have a listen with the cables that come with the Argons but I only bought it for aesthetic reasons...except the main colour was supposed to be black with grey and orange but I managed to choose Orange as the main color

Nice build quality and flexibility, good value for money.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #385 of 1,323
I've been listening to Argon modded T-X0 and I'm surprise how much better these sound than stock, there's much better treble articulation with these, clearer sounding. It's an improvement from the original crappy sounding Massdrop X Fostex T-X0. It has a bit of a warm tonality with a bit of reverb. Treble doesn't get incisive. I really like the large lambskin ZMF pads, very comfy.

Edit: actually, after listening to some vocals with certain tracks, I notice some odd sibilant peak (but not really harsh, but sounds peaky compared to the other vocal frequencies), so certain vocal tracks gives off the impression that vocal frequencies are not all that balanced tonally, and mids doesn't sound as clear with certain tracks. I think the thick tonality can reduce coherency with certain tracks which sounds a bit congested, not sounding all that clear. So, it's a bit of a mix bag when it comes to how it sounds, some tracks the warm reverb works quite well, but there are tracks that can sound a bit congested due to the warmth.

Still, it's a much improvement from how it sounded stock.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #386 of 1,323
At least another week of waiting for me, my Argon's are held by custom.
Good that I have other new toys to play with (Mojo).

EDIT(17th Jan): My Argons are on the way to me, like in the postman bag. Happy days!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #388 of 1,323
Can the ifi idsd black label drive the argons in 4watt at 16ohm mode

They certainly drive them loud enough - I can barely get the volume knob above 8pm. Seems to be the general concensus that a higher power amp will get more out of them but to my ears they sound great out of the ifi.
IMG_20190121_210833.jpg

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #389 of 1,323
Can the ifi idsd black label drive the argons in 4watt at 16ohm mode
Well there’s no “16ohm mode”. The headphones determine the impedance the amp sees. The Argon is 50ohm, so the iFi BL won’t be able drive it at a full 4w (not that your eardrums could handle that anyway). I’m not sure the exact driving power of the BL at 50ohm, but I can assure you it’s enough to drive an Argon or almost any other headphone.

I have the iFi iCan SE which has the same power as the BL, and it drives the Argon without issue. I do think the Emotiva A-100 drives them better and with more authority, especially in the bass.

Jan 22, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #390 of 1,323
Sweeping general question... What kind of music are y'all listening to on your Argons?
If you aren't listening to hip hop, I wonder why you have them....
'I woke up in beast mode!!'
The Argons are so much fun with hip hop...the bass is deeeep, the background is relatively dark...the soundstage that is so huge and awesome in other situations? It doesn't get in the way! (sometimes a wide soundstage make hip hop sound off/weird)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back